What's new

A Chinese Education, for a Price

Whats been said in this article may well be true for certain schools. But what i object to with this kind of articles is that based on a few anecdotes of abuse they want to imply that the entire schooling system in China is corrupt. For which there is simply no proof.

okay, Mr Minister of education of China. No proof to call the NY times a bias in this issue. But you lived there so you know it. So there is bribery in getting one's kid into GOVT run school , but the point about it also extending to front row seats is so off the chart, is what you are saying. i.e they will charge and bribe for everything to kids into govt run schools- but you are adamant that NY times inserting the " front row seats" charge- an insignificant part in the whole equation, was a bias. Right..

public or private school?

Under Missionary, Ramakrishna Vedanta Math.

FYI there are few Govt. schools in capital city of India people are willing to pay to get their kid enrolled. Does it make whole Indian education system flawed? Nah ..same applies to Chinese education system or any other country. Generalization is something a reporter must avoid.

Just one more thing, writer did not highlight..the parents who can afford to pay >5K$ enrollment fee are in most cases these days opting for International schools div of state run schools and these are run mostly as private schools.

I think that Indians should stop bringing biased or negative nonsense to this forum. China is a developing country that has many things to be improved. I have problems with Indians who bring these things up. Wtf you are? You are 20 years behind us. So pls correct your society first.

Talking about education system, India makes me sick...O...

I beg to differ.

We must let everybody, including Indians, bring up those issues. Backwardness of India in general does not disqualify them to bring up negative report on China.

We have our own brain and education. We don't have to agree with all reports. And you/we can dispute if those reports are not true or biased.

If somebody would like to demonstrate there stupidity by only bashing China, it only deals themselves a negative impact. Just like many initially India friendly forumers here, their original views are probably compromised and perhaps changed.

The fact is the Chinese parents are particularly devoted in their child eduction, and some heartless "educators" indeed utilize the fact to fatten themselves, against Confucius long time teaching that education must be accessible to anyone irrespective of background, poverty/richness or any other conditions. (有教无类)

Fortunately, regardless of those setbacks, China currently enjoys unprecedented literacy in its history. And these things happen because people are not just satisfied with literacy, but wanting higher quality of education for better competitiveness of their children in the future.

Jayal is so cluless and frog in the well , man i some times think you live in a cave, thing like this happen in uk too , i seen many white parents delibrately moving to another neighbourhood to get their children into a good school.

spend $4000 to get your kids into a good school is nothing, my friend in beijing had to buy a house next to that school to just prepare for his kid to enroll into that school when he grow up

4000 USD is not much, really? how much is the average income of a worker in Beijing?
How much does a house cost? can you provide some numbers?

4000 USD is not much, really? how much is the average income of a worker in Beijing?

Man i just wish you can come up with few intelligent posts, ever heard of chinese average family saving rate the highest in the world, ever heard of a bank loan?ever heard of parents will do anything to get their kids into a top school?

Income $400-$600 average (per month), market housing price would be $1200 - $2000 per sq meter.

But you vietkong knows well that workers would have something offered by the employers...free of charge

I have just returned from spending a fortnight in China.

Whatever be their system - it seems to be working well. I wish India could have a system like that in China - our lives would be much much better.

because you have visited their showcase cities only and have seen only what they want to show. :angel:

I beg to differ.

We must let everybody, including Indians, bring up those issues. Backwardness of India in general does not disqualify them to bring up negative report on China.

We have our own brain and education. We don't have to agree with all reports. And you/we can dispute if those reports are not true or biased.

If somebody would like to demonstrate there stupidity by only bashing China, it only deals themselves a negative impact. Just like many initially India friendly forumers here, their original views are probably compromised and perhaps changed.

The fact is the Chinese parents are particularly devoted in their child eduction, and some heartless "educators" indeed utilize the fact to fatten themselves, against Confucius long time teaching that education must be accessible to anyone irrespective of background, poverty/richness or any other conditions. (有教无类)

Fortunately, regardless of those setbacks, China currently enjoys unprecedented literacy in its history. And these things happen because people are not just satisfied with literacy, but wanting higher quality of education for better competitiveness of their children in the future.

You lot want us to believe a lot of " data, facts" about China and the chinese.

Notwithstanding the secrecy, penchant to fudge numbers and the need to censor- Your claims of high literacy and great IQ flies in the face of the fact - that when we come across your kind in other countries- You don't shine, let alone even come near the top immigrant groups ( pay, household income, literacy standards, professional jobs held) . Talk about backwardness we see of your kind in other countries ( yelling on the cell phones, spiting around in public, rampant welfare fraud, Crime /gangs , prostitution etc)

So when we see you outside your propaganda zone, in FREE countries, you guys don't back up all your claims. Facts matter not propoganda

In Malaysia, I started applying to my local Chinese School when my kids were only 2 years old. Yes a fat donation to the school will also help.

FYI there are few Govt. schools in capital city of India people are willing to pay to get their kid enrolled. Does it make whole Indian education system flawed? Nah ..same applies to Chinese education system or any other country. Generalization is something a reporter must avoid.

Just one more thing, writer did not highlight..the parents who can afford to pay >5K$ enrollment fee are in most cases these days opting for International schools div of state run schools and these are run mostly as private schools.

Which Govt schools in Delhi charge a bribe to get in?

In Malaysia, I started applying to my local Chinese School when my kids were only 2 years old. Yes a fat donation to the school will also help.

This is a Malaysian public school?

because you have visited their showcase cities only and have seen only what they want to show. :angel:

Not really.

I go there often & have found that country to be quite livable. A little expensive ..yes. Language being a concern.

The sense of discipline and decorum is very good. The roads are less cluttered & disorganised, public transport works, standards of cleanliness and general well being is evident even in the countryside.

It takes getting used to the food though- thank god for KFC !

In comparison , even our ' showcase' cites are chaotic. All in all, things are looking good in China.

Paying to get your children to schools is easy, compared to the methods Singapore school uses I rather pay. Even Jim Rogers wife had to do 40 hours of volunteer service before her children could be admitted.

Please note volunteer vacancies are limited and highly competitive, and without a useful talent like singing or dancing etc your chances are moot.

Parents

beijing has few industry workers those days as beijing has been under de-industrialization for over 20 years
the salary for a construction worker starts at USD 500 per month. it could be over 1000 dollars for a skilled one. a labor worker might earn more than a entry-level engineer or white collar...

housing is terribly expensive. it costs you around usd 300,000 to buy a pigeon hole, a 70 ^2 m condo...

Not really.

I go there often & have found that country to be quite livable. A little expensive ..yes. Language being a concern.

The sense of discipline and decorum is very good. The roads are less cluttered & disorganised, public transport works, standards of cleanliness and general well being is evident even in the countryside.

It takes getting used to the food though- thank god for KFC !

In comparison , even our ' showcase' cites are chaotic. All in all, things are looking good in China.

KFC also make changes in their food to pander to chinese customers' appetite. i am glad you like them...lol

Back
Top Bottom