What's new

90 Paratroopers vs. 2000 Jihadists: Russia Marks 20 Years Since Unit’s Last Stand in Chechnya

vostok

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
On March 1 Russian President Vladimir Putin and Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu paid tribute to the paratroopers of the Sixth Company of the Pskov Airborne Division - marking twenty years since the Battle for Height 776 which was one of the concluding battles of the Second Chechen War. The battle saw 90 paratroopers stationed at the Argun River gorge face an estimated 2000-2500 jihadist militants, which included both local fighters and militants from the Arab Mujahideen in Chechnya. The battle is commemorated in Russia today as an example of self sacrifice and courage in the face of overwhelming odds, with the paratroopers holding their ground to the end and seeing 84 of their number killed. Russian sources claim between 400 and 700 jihadist militants were killed in the engagement, despite the limited air and artillery support its forces had enjoyed.

article_5e5d15df4d2014_43333827.jpg

Russian President Vladimir Putin and Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu

President Putin met with the relatives of the deceased troopers and attended a church memorial service, stating regarding the loss “we commemorate the brave paratroopers, play tribute to their courage and their heroic deed. They stood in the way of hundreds of militants and entered their last battle as true heroes, staying true to the best traditions of their brothers-in-arms that are held dear by all generations of airborne troops.” Arab jihadists in the engagement were led by Ibn Al Khattab, a prominent Saudi warlord, and Abu Al Walid, another jihadist commander also of Saudi origin.
https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...russia-marks-20-years-since-unit-s-last-stand

On March 1 Russian President Vladimir Putin and Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu paid tribute to the paratroopers of the Sixth Company of the Pskov Airborne Division - marking twenty years since the Battle for Height 776 which was one of the concluding battles of the Second Chechen War. The battle saw 90 paratroopers stationed at the Argun River gorge face an estimated 2000-2500 jihadist militants, which included both local fighters and militants from the Arab Mujahideen in Chechnya. The battle is commemorated in Russia today as an example of self sacrifice and courage in the face of overwhelming odds, with the paratroopers holding their ground to the end and seeing 84 of their number killed. Russian sources claim between 400 and 700 jihadist militants were killed in the engagement, despite the limited air and artillery support its forces had enjoyed.

President Putin met with the relatives of the deceased troopers and attended a church memorial service, stating regarding the loss “we commemorate the brave paratroopers, play tribute to their courage and their heroic deed. They stood in the way of hundreds of militants and entered their last battle as true heroes, staying true to the best traditions of their brothers-in-arms that are held dear by all generations of airborne troops.” Arab jihadists in the engagement were led by Ibn Al Khattab, a prominent Saudi warlord, and Abu Al Walid, another jihadist commander also of Saudi origin.
https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...russia-marks-20-years-since-unit-s-last-stand
Are you serious, stop putting a spin on the defeat the Chechnyans gave you. You should be looking at how 2000 Chechnyans defeated 90000 Russian troopers.

For me the big thing was even after war Russia was compassionate towards it's muslim population it helped me change my preception about Russia and also how Russia helped Syria

The image which Russia constructed by their compassion was greater then any war

Putin opening a mosque in Moscow was great and similarly when the Russian MMA fighter (chechniyan background) won the fight in USA was great moment

For me the big thing was even after war Russia was compassionate towards it's muslim population it helped me change my preception about Russia and also how Russia helped Syria

Putin opening a mosque in Moscow was great and similarly when the Russian MMA fighter (chechniyan background) won the fight in USA was great moment
Chechnya was like any other post Soviet territory which was forcibly occupied by Russia. Grozny was raised to the ground while even civilians were killed and raped to send the 'message'. There is alot of evidence so, before praising an oppressor, research first to save your own Akhirah.

You gotta to learn to put things in context.

Umm Dagestani background I believe---->You are talking of Khabib?

:pop: I always confuse my Russian Muslims

My perception of Russia now is 100% changed no longer big bad wolf-like in Rocky movies

But more like a helpful friend who helps country world wide

Before : Hollywood version
latest

MV5BMDM0MDI1OGItOTAzMC00NGFkLWI2OTctYmJjYzE4ZDg5Y2RlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgyMzEyNDY@._V1_.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Now:
sah75nBoqUYW2TKiFZXacurHn2EjM6PT.jpg

EG53hIhXkAAZcDn.jpg

1108105.jpg

dfbvdfbzsdfb.jpg

Last edited:
Are you serious, stop putting a spin on the defeat the Chechnyans gave you. You should be looking at how 2000 Chechnyans defeated 90000 Russian troopers.

Name an Army which didnt commit rapes, massacres during an invasion.

Not siding with Russians, their army is another side of the Americans but name one. Even PA did shiz in East Pak. And so did the glorious Islamic invading Dictators of past like the Persians and Turks

Name an Army which didnt commit rapes, massacres during an invasion.

Not siding with Russians, their army is another side of the Americans but name one. Even PA did shiz in East Pak. And so did the glorious Islamic invading Dictators of past like the Persians and Turks
Other than Indian/Bangali propaganda, provide any other evidence to your claim:"Even PA did shiz in East Pak"

Hi,

And how many gunship helicopters were used---.

And in syria---what did 2 american apache helicopters did to the russian troops---what is it---slaughtered about 300 to 400 of them---. The russians were claiming to be helpless against the american gunships---.

Back
Top Bottom