What's new

76-Year-Old Karnataka Man First To Die Of Coronavirus In India

ASKardar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
New Delhi: India has recorded its first death - in north Karnataka's Kalaburagi district - from the novel coronavirus outbreak that has killed thousands across the world, Health Minister B Sriramulu confirmed late Thursday night, adding "necessary contact tracing (of family members and others he came in contact with), isolation and other measures, as per protocol, are being carried out".

The victim is a 76-year-old man who had returned from Saudi Arabia on February 29. He had been screened on arrival at Hyderabad airport but showed no symptoms at that time, officials added.

On March 5 he went to a private hospital in the district and was admitted the following day with asthma and hypertension. Hospital staff tested him for novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. He had other health problems as well.

Three days later he was shifted to a hospital in Hyderabad. His family checked him out the same day and were taking him home when he died at around 10.30 pm.

SOURCE: https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/76-...a-who-died-on-tuesday-had-coronavirus-2194015

@RescueRanger @BHarwana @masterchief_mirza

Sad to hear this.

This Laissez faire attitude of the IndianGov has put millions at risk.

First, playing petty showmanship, for camera politics and then trying to ignore it under false brovado of IndianHealthCare system..being great...

Hiding the spread of the pandemic... and inproper containment... this is reciepe for HumanitarianCrisis...

IoJK is locked down without much medical assistence to imprisoned PakKashmiris...

Indian mega cities are overpopulated to the brim....

Masks are not going to help ...when we know that there is mutation in the virus...and it spreads in many ways...

Finally, GoP has also woken up...to feel the NationalCrisis implications...as it has held NSC meeting...

BD is another state which has taken it lightly...

What will it take for the SouthAsians to for once act in unision?

This pandemic is going to cause severe social and economic pain to SouthAsia!

Mangus
Standard surgical masks are of zero function in restricting the spread of airborne viruses. You may as well not wear one. I don't understand where such a myth came from. If one wears a standard surgical mask, one still breathes air in and out immediately in front of one's face. Virus organisms are not trapped in these masks.

The ONLY potential benefits of such masks are catching some liquidised aerosolised particles when sneezing or coughing. To be fair then, if someone has such symptoms, wearing a mask may help....but with such symptoms, the person should be isolated indoors anyway.

This sad and tragic loss of live if only Indian govt had listened to what who advised. This spread of virus could have been delayed.

@RescueRanger @BHarwana @masterchief_mirza

Sad to hear this.

This Laissez faire attitude of the IndianGov has put millions at risk.

First, playing petty showmanship, for camera politics and then trying to ignore it under false brovado of IndianHealthCare system..being great...

Hiding the spread of the pandemic... and inproper containment... this is reciepe for HumanitarianCrisis...

IoJK is locked down without much medical assistence to imprisoned PakKashmiris...

Indian mega cities are overpopulated to the brim....

Masks are not going to help ...when we know that there is mutation in the virus...and it spreads in many ways...

Finally, GoP has also woken up...to feel the NationalCrisis implications...as it has held NSC meeting...

BD is another state which has taken it lightly...

What will it take for the SouthAsians to for once act in unision?

This pandemic is going to cause severe social and economic pain to SouthAsia!

Mangus

As the World Health Organisation declares coronavirus a pandemic, the Government of India has suspended all tourist visas and e-visas granted on or before March 11

All incoming visitors including Indian nationals are advised against non-essential travel.

“All existing visas, except diplomatic, official, UN/international organizations, employment, project visas, stand suspended till 15th April 2020,” it has said in the statement.

The order comes into effect from 1200 GMT on Friday, March 13.

Visas of all foreigners already in India remain valid and they may contact the nearest FRRO/FRO through e-FRRO module for extension/conversion etc of their visa or grant of any consular service, if they choose to do so. A notification to this effect is being issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BOI).

Covid-latest-916x734.png

https://www.businesstraveller.com/b...ds-visa-on-arrival-for-japan-and-south-korea/

Here in NL we are beginning to feel the heat a bit...but still...don't ask - don't tell ...in public at least...

What is the gestation period? Average?

Another country to watch is Germany...
UK guidance hasn't changed. 14 days incubation as standard but UK acknowledges that some examples of up to 24 days are documented. I feel they're sticking with 14 for guidance because even that is a huge economic hit. The workforce is now told to self isolate if one has a fever and cough. That will k.o. a huge segment of the workforce. Now imagine how fortunate we are feeling that so many immigrants are here who can actually work while half the nation is retired and a quarter is on sick leave. I did hear Holland is going big guns now.

So many Indians coming back from Dubai with the virus. Really makes one wonder how many cases those countries have.

This sad and tragic loss of live if only Indian govt had listened to what who advised. This spread of virus could have been delayed.

You did exactly what was advised correct? So how come you have 21 cases?

What interested me recently was reading an article in Washington Post...and sadly I am unable to find it again for love nor money... A WHO official from Canada visited Wuhan and upon returning explained the remarkable feat of human and resource mobilisation the Chinese have undertaken while other nations sleepwalk their way through the pandemic. The one thing that struck me was their usage of CT scanners almost as effectively as PCR testing. The Chinese simply shove everyone symptomatic into a scanner and look for specific features of COVID. I understand they will also do the swabs and PCR but it seems like they can do a shed load more scans and quicker than processing PCR tests. This allows them to target isolation of those with positive CT results immediately, instead of risking a 10 hour wait (though they have got it down to 4 hours in some centres) for a PCR.

The point is, using a CT scanner in this way is pretty maverick and the UK is now beginning to catch on. The crazy thing is some hospitals in big urban centres in Pakistan are similarly extremely well equipped. JPMC Karachi is a great example, where I believe there are more than 3 scanners, where if they clocked those CT scanners all day long and scanned everyone who had the triad of symptoms, they could declare a full war against covid like China has done. I think what China did well was building the ward space within weeks to house all these patients. I sense that Pakistan would need to turn positive patients away because of a lack of beds eventually even if they adopted the CT scan approach in the big cities.

So many Indians coming back from Dubai with the virus. Really makes one wonder how many cases those countries have.

You did exactly what was advised correct? So how come you have 21 cases?
False negative PCR tests, occasional suboptimal sampling from swabs, silent carriers, incubation periods longer than 14 days, intentional screening dodging by masking symptoms with anti inflammatory drugs will all inevitably contribute to cases slipping through any net.

What interested me recently was reading an article in Washington Post...and sadly I am unable to find it again for love nor money... A WHO official from Canada visited Wuhan and upon returning explained the remarkable feat of human and resource mobilisation the Chinese have undertaken while other nations sleepwalk their way through the pandemic. The one thing that struck me was their usage of CT scanners almost as effectively as PCR testing. The Chinese simply shove everyone symptomatic into a scanner and look for specific features of COVID. I understand they will also do the swabs and PCR but it seems like they can do a shed load more scans and quicker than processing PCR tests. This allows them to target isolation of those with positive CT results immediately, instead of risking a 10 hour wait (though they have got it down to 4 hours in some centres) for a PCR.

The point is, using a CT scanner in this way is pretty maverick and the UK is now beginning to catch on. The crazy thing is some hospitals in big urban centres in Pakistan are similarly extremely well equipped. JPMC Karachi is a great example, where I believe there are more than 3 scanners, where if they clocked those CT scanners all day long and scanned everyone who had the triad of symptoms, they could declare a full war against covid like China has done. I think what China did well was building the ward space within weeks to house all these patients. I sense that Pakistan would need to turn positive patients away because of a lack of beds eventually even if they adopted the CT scan approach in the big cities.

Here in Canada, 6 month wait for CT scan....

You did exactly what was a

Coronavirus is in 108 countries many did exactly as advised unlike India and those who followed advise don't have coronavirus being locally transmitted so far and are prepared in advance to handle it. See there are more Chinese in Pakistan than India but virus is more in India why? Cause India failed to follow advice.

False negative PCR tests, occasional suboptimal sampling from swabs, silent carriers, incubation periods longer than 14 days, intentional screening dodging by masking symptoms with anti inflammatory drugs will all inevitably contribute to cases slipping through any net.

We need to have CT scanners and trained health professionals on all Int. airports.

Last edited:
Coronavirus is in 108 countries many did exactly as advised unlike India and those who followed advise don't have coronavirus being locally transmitted so far and are prepared in advance to handle it. See there are more Chinese in Pakistan than India but virus is more in India why? Cause India failed to follow advice.
Are you guys dumb or pretending to be one.none of the virus spread from people who are evacuated by the govt .All the cases have been from cases where people traveling on their own and not evacuated by the govt.Iran and Italy has been effected badly govt is evacuating Indians stuck there one by one .you stop finding mistakes on others for your own govt incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom