Minho

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Afghanistan tops list of foreign cadets
Mohammad Anab | TNN | Dec 7, 2019, 22:33 IST

clip_image001.png

Dehradun: Of the 71 foreign Gentlemen Cadets (GCs) who passed out from Indian Military Academy on Saturday, the highest — 47 — were from Afghanistan. The war and bloodshed by Taliban, which has become a routine in the neighbouring country, leave many youngsters aspiring to seek military training from friendly neighbours like India.
Juo Adam Khan, 24, is one such young aspirant who passed out as an officer on Saturday after completing his training from IMA.
Khan, whose parents supported him all along in accomplishing the dream of joining the army, now wants to serve his nation and free it of the Taliban rebels and other terrorist organizations that make lives hell. He said, “I come from Takhar province in Afghanistan. My uncle was killed while fighting against the Taliban. My extended family members too died on the battleground. One of my school friends was also beheaded by the militant forces. Hence, my aim is to fight against the extremist forces and lead from the front.” He added that along with great memories, he would also take home a lot of Hindi books as he loves the language.

Latest Comment

please share

Mohammad Anab

See All CommentsAdd comment

K Sechele, a cadet from far-away Lesotho, fought against all odds to become the first armyman from his family, which lives on farming.
Similarly, IM Likoko from Tanzania has become a fan of old Bollywood movies and actress Farida Jalal. “Apart from leaning various technical and military skills at NDA and IMA, the best thing I have learnt from these institutions is playing hockey. This has become my favourite sport now,” added Likoko, who does not forget to mention his devotion to legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...st-of-foreign-cadets/articleshow/72419941.cms

That's why afghan national army is very weak and can't safe their country from taliban

Afghanistan tops list of foreign cadets
Mohammad Anab | TNN | Dec 7, 2019, 22:33 IST

clip_image001.png

Dehradun: Of the 71 foreign Gentlemen Cadets (GCs) who passed out from Indian Military Academy on Saturday, the highest — 47 — were from Afghanistan. The war and bloodshed by Taliban, which has become a routine in the neighbouring country, leave many youngsters aspiring to seek military training from friendly neighbours like India.
Juo Adam Khan, 24, is one such young aspirant who passed out as an officer on Saturday after completing his training from IMA.
Khan, whose parents supported him all along in accomplishing the dream of joining the army, now wants to serve his nation and free it of the Taliban rebels and other terrorist organizations that make lives hell. He said, “I come from Takhar province in Afghanistan. My uncle was killed while fighting against the Taliban. My extended family members too died on the battleground. One of my school friends was also beheaded by the militant forces. Hence, my aim is to fight against the extremist forces and lead from the front.” He added that along with great memories, he would also take home a lot of Hindi books as he loves the language.

Latest Comment

please share

Mohammad Anab

See All CommentsAdd comment

K Sechele, a cadet from far-away Lesotho, fought against all odds to become the first armyman from his family, which lives on farming.
Similarly, IM Likoko from Tanzania has become a fan of old Bollywood movies and actress Farida Jalal. “Apart from leaning various technical and military skills at NDA and IMA, the best thing I have learnt from these institutions is playing hockey. This has become my favourite sport now,” added Likoko, who does not forget to mention his devotion to legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...st-of-foreign-cadets/articleshow/72419941.cms

Good for the,hope they all serve their country well.

Good to see that India's military is gaining a global reputation as a highly professional and capable force. Hosting foreign cadets is also a good way to improve military ties with other countries in Asia and Africa.

Back
Top Bottom