What's new

7 Infographics which explain all you need to know about the CPEC project.

Please study before posting ,there are three routes West,East and central ,Work on both East and West route is underway stop confusing people and let it go.
You mean to say there is no change in the original route ....You can replace Ahsan Iqbal then :whistle:

You mean to say there is no change in the original route ....You can replace Ahsan Iqbal then :whistle:
Western route and Eastern both are underway if this is hard for you to understand then Allah hey hafiz hai

You are posting info based on Geo news anchor .By the way details are already available on planning commission web site go and visit there .

Your type of people have first issue with Kala Bagh dam when flood came you criticize Govt now you are after that ,If for one instance this is in Punjab/Sindh and Part of Balochistan ,no one ever question about people settling in Punjab from all parts of Pakistan

I Feel proude to be Pakistani when i think if this CPEC that is our country dream to be completed Insha Allah very soon in near future and Gawadar will be like Dubai, Singapore for Pakistan and for Future Pakistani Generations.

They are not production facilities, they are transport and power generation facility. It will take 10 years to develop that and only after that we can set up large industries.

so in total, 20-25 years more to get proper establishment of production facilities.

You are posting info based on Geo news anchor .By the way details are already available on planning commission web site go and visit there .

Your type of people have first issue with Kala Bagh dam when flood came you criticize Govt now you are after that ,If for one instance this is in Punjab/Sindh and Part of Balochistan ,no one ever question about people settling in Punjab from all parts of Pakistan
I don't have any issue with Kala Bagh ....Dams must be constructed ...you must criticize General Mush not me...he could not construct it despite reigning for 10 years ...Planning commission has long ago removed the original route from their website ...if you could find it online ...do share it ...KP and FATA is ignored simply by Prime Minister of Punjab and this is the truth ...CM KP was not even invited when Chinese President came to Pakistan ...why ?

Nawaz Sharif is again pushing Pashtuns to the wall ....by changing the original route as compared to this lengthy one and confining all the projects to Punjab only ...is he the Prime Minister Punjab or what ?

View attachment 225350

Proposed route makes sense , investors are not stupid everyone has seen the violent behaviour displayed by some people over the last 10 years and where mostly it took place

I don't have any issue with Kala Bagh ....Dams must be constructed ...you must criticize General Mush not me...he could not construct it despite reigning for 10 years ...Planning commission has long ago removed the original route from their website ...if you could find it online ...do share it ...KP and FATA is ignored simply by Prime Minister of Punjab and this is the truth ...CM KP was not even invited when Chinese President came to Pakistan ...why ?

Brother don't get confuse with these propaganda .I am pathan we live in Punjab for over 100 years now .One thing I can say opportunities are more in Punjab ,but did any one stopped you or me just because we are Pashtun`s ,never .Investment follows the path where there is peace and security .regarding Pervaiz Khatak sb what he has done to improve quality of life in Peshawar or any other area .I think he is ranked 2nd from bottom in performance as Dr.Malik sb has done well .this route is not for Punjab all our truck driver`s are from KPK all will get benfit .There will be three routes reason .1. Existing route is already congested 2. It is longer than the West or central (just see displacement) 3. Law & order will be better in coming 1-2 years and all those areas in Balochistan will be developed like anything because there is land ,Natural resources and very cheap labour .

This is the same project that a Chinese firm was doing with MTM Faisalabad i guess. That one have been canceled. The warehouses made, production sheds completed but all gone down the drain. Every government have some favorites and i guess MTM was not one for this one. Whatever the problem was, as of today, the project is going no where!

Really? This is all i could get from internet.

Foreign investment: Chinese group makes first installment for cotton mills
By Imran Rana
Published: November 3, 2014
416SHARES
Share Tweet Email
785075-TextileAFP-1414965454-355-640x480.jpg

"It might be possible that they have problems with MTM to withdraw agreements of partnership, but Shandong was directly involved with FIEDMC," FIEDMC CEO Aamir Saleemi. PHOTO: AFP

FAISALABAD: Chinese textile giant Shandong Ruyi Technology Group Limited has paid the first installment to the Faisalabad Industrial Estate Development and Management Company (FIEDMC) in order to start construction work for Pakistan’s largest cotton-spinning mills.

With a total investment of $2 billion, the mills would consist of 600,000 spindles, generating thousands of jobs in the textile hub of the country.

Aamir-Saleemi.jpg

A delegation from the International Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) has visited the project site and approved the investment plan for the Faisalabad Shandong Ruyi Textile Park, according to FIEDMC officials.

FIEDMC CEO Aamir Saleemi said there were rumours that China was planning to reverse the investment plan and was no longer interesting in installing textile units in Faisalabad. He added that there was no truth to this, as procedural work leading to construction activities is already under way.

They are making payments according to the agreement with FIEDMC authorities, he added. According to the agreement, the Chinese have to complete the payment in three installments. The first will cover 10% of the total amount, while the second will cover 40% and 50% will be covered in the third.

The 10% was the cost of land as investors will now pay the second instalment next week. This is just the beginning, Saleemi added, as they are expecting huge Chinese investments in the industrial estate in the near future.

In the beginning of October, FIEDMC issued the letter to the Chinese group to start their construction work according to the contract. Infrastructural and construction machineries dispatched from China will arrive in Faisalabad in a few days.

According to authorities, Shandong acquired the land and started construction work. They added that the construction of buildings, residential apartments and boundary walls has officially begun.

Two coal-based power plants of 270 megawatts – 135 MW each – are installed in the industrial estate to facilitate the energy requirements of the companies.

Two-coal-based-power.jpg

The development of the zone is increasing as other Chinese companies are also showing interest to invest in the area. Saleemi added that a well-known Chinese dry battery manufacturing company has also purchased 14 acres of land to install a unit there.

The MTM conundrum

Saleemi said that the Shandong Ruyi group was directly engaged with the FIEDMC management in all their financial and investment plans. He said there is no connection to the agreement the Chinese group has with Masood Textile Mills (MTM).

“It might be possible that they have problems with MTM to withdraw agreements of partnership, but Shandong was directly involved with FIEDMC,” he added.

To facilitate the Chinese investors, FIEDMC started teaching the Chinese language to their employees. For this purpose, they signed an agreement with the National University of Modern Languages Islamabad to deliver daily Chinese language lectures at the FIEDMC office.

According to industry experts, Shandong Ruyi is one of the largest textile conglomerates in China. The Chinese are losing competitive edge in their home country because of high wages – almost six times higher than in Pakistan – which gives them more incentive to invest here. This is the highest foreign investment in the textile sector of Pakistan, they added.

THE WRITER IS A STAFF CORRESPONDENT

Published in The Express Tribune, November 3rd, 2014.

Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on Twitter to stay informed and join in the conversation.

Faisalabad industrial zone: Chinese group to invest $2b, set up largest spinning unit - The Express Tribune

All parties have assured their support for economic corridor: PM Nawaz

And you were saying that KP parties will come out to the Road Protesting?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Planning commission has long ago removed the original route from their website ( Can you please show the Orignal Route please or it's just a brain fart??)

Ignoring KP??? I think D I Khan and Peshawar are in KP

WO-AW155A_PAKCH_9U_20150416170335.jpg

All parties have assured their support for economic corridor: PM Nawaz
By Web Desk
Published: May 28, 2015
893637-PID-1432790584-684-640x480.jpg

File photo of prime minister addressing the All Parties Conference at PM House on January 2, 2015. PHOTO: PID

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday stated that all political parties have assured their support for the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

The premier said this during the All Parties Conference (APC), which he was chairing in Islamabad.

Various political leaders including PTI leader Shah Mehmood Qureshi, JI chief Sirajul Haq, Opposition Leader Khursheed Shah, PPP leader Sherry Rehman, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Pervez Khattak and JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman were in attendance.

The premier began the meeting by condemning the brutal attack on the Ismaili community in Karachi on May 13 and thanked Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah for his efforts.

“I would like to thank Qaim Ali Shah and law enforcement agencies in Karachi who caught the culprits behind the Safoora attack,” Nawaz said.

Talking about the CPEC, Nawaz said that the corridor holds great importance in the history of Pakistan.

The premier reiterated that such investments had not taken place in the past.

“China is Pakistan’s friend,” he said. “China supports Pakistan as a nation without focusing on a particular party,” he added.

The premier said that the country should move forward on national matters with one voice and a united stance.

“This will also send a good message to China that the entire Pakistani nation is committed to the economic corridor project,” he said.

Later on, Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal took the podium and went on to justify some ‘reservations’ that lawmakers had with the corridor.

“Various people are saying that the $46 billion given are being distributed inefficiently,” he said.

“Of the $46 billion, $34 billion has been dedicated to energy. The government does not have this money, private companies do. They are working on bankable projects,” he added.

Further, he stated that there has been no change in the route of the corridor, adding that it will be complete by the year 2030.

The APC was summoned to take political leadership into confidence over the route of the planned Economic Corridor between Pakistan and China. The project is being dubbed as a ‘fate changer’ not only for Pakistan, but for the entire region.

Read: All-party conference: Consensus on trade route eludes confab

The project will oversee construction of three alignments from Gwadar to Kasghar as well as the establishment of energy projects and industrial zones all over the country.

This was the second All Parties Conference on the China-Pakistan economic corridor. Earlier on May 13, an APC was convened by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to evolve consensus on the proposed route of the multibillion-dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project, remained inconclusive as participants decided to form a parliamentary committee to oversee the project.

Read: Karachi bus attack: Justice demanded for the victims of brutality

Ahsan Iqbal gave a comprehensive briefing to the participants about the economic corridor and said it was not confined to a specific route rather it was a concept that encompassed all areas of the country.

The May 13 APC met with heavy criticism from various politicians as they wished for the meeting to be postponed due to the horrific Safoora attack in Karachi that left 45 people of the Ismaili community dead.

The meeting however, went on as planned, but was cut short.

They are not production facilities, they are transport and power generation facility. It will take 10 years to develop that and only after that we can set up large industries.

so in total, 20-25 years more to get proper establishment of production facilities.

Rome was not built overnight and neither would the CPEC Project.

But it is really a great start and it will definitely blow new life in the Pakistani Economy which is currently on life support because of the Energy and Law and Order situation.

God Bless Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom