What's new

6 Arunachal ALGs to be operational by 2014

This is very late move by our govt,Already Chinese bases are in operational. we need to put SAM's,SU 30 MKI's n Armed troops with highly destructive weaponry. we should not give any chance to those chinese troops.
What chinese bases????
There are no major PLAAF bases in Tibetan Autonomous Regions.The seven 'major PLAAF bases'frequently stated by our journos are no more than civilian air ports with no infra to support fighters.All of their bases are situated near Chngdu.On the other hand,IAF has 16 operational air bases in NE and 6 ALGs will be farther converted into full fledged air bases taking the total number to 22.So in a future war PLAAF will definately face a very very hard time to establish air superiority over the conflict zone.Beside the tibetan pleatu is situated at much higher altitude than Indian bases and so the chinese fighters can't take off from there with full payload due to the thinner air,rendering them less formidable.Beside,their rail transport lines which they are so proud of can be easily damaged by cruise missile attacks and air strikes.That's why IAF is deploying their Su 30MKIs and Jags in the NE.So don't get a cold foot by overestimating your opponent,just like never underestimate them.It's true that we have a long wawtx to go and we are far from being perfect but something is better than nothing.Believe in your defenders,they are more than capable of safeguarding our nation.
REGARDS....

Thats great news but 2014 is too long. Like India- Myanmar border wew shold develop alot of helipads also along Indo-China border.

IA has currently 3 corps(III,.IV and XXXIII)consisting of 11 divisions with a total of around 220 thousand soldiers deployed in NE.The new strike corps with 50-60 thousand troops will be in place and fully operational by 2015,taking the total number of IA regulars close to 300000.There are 60000 Assam rifles troops are also sationed in NE.Major portion of the 140 new Mi 17V5s will be deployed in NE.
s are also sationed in NE.Major portion of the 140 new Mi 17V5s will be deployed in NE.

i know that there are 8 mountain divisions in Tezpur and scattered across NE that can be sent to the Arunachal border within hours however 11 divisions is 165,000 troops total with the paramilitary forces in the region it is even higher, i'd say 12 air squadrons and 300,000 troops in NE will be good

i know that there are 8 mountain divisions in Tezpur and scattered across NE that can be sent to the Arunachal border within hours however 11 divisions is 165,000 troops total with the paramilitary forces in the region it is even higher, i'd say 12 air squadrons and 300,000 troops in NE will be good
Average IA infantry division has 19-22000 soldiers in its command.That gives us a rough number of 190000-230000 IA regulars.And yeah,we need atleast 12 fighter squadrons in NE.But it will take 6-8 more years with new Super 30MKIs, Jaguar darin 3,MMRCAs and LCAs.
REGARDS......................................

I don't know who told you this but Mi17 V5s will be stationed at Punjab.
The initial lot of first batch of 80 Mi 17V5s will be stationed in Punjab,not the whole fleet of 139(80+59) choppers.And I have got my own sources down there,just wait and watch the show.
REGARDS................

Average IA infantry division has 19-22000 soldiers in its command.That gives us a rough number of 190000-230000 IA regulars.And yeah,we need atleast 12 fighter squadrons in NE.But it will take 6-8 more years with new Super 30MKIs, Jaguar darin 3,MMRCAs and LCAs.
REGARDS......................................

yeah agreed but problem is defending the NE is a challenging task we need to develop good infrastructure in the Siliguri Corridor (the area that connects the NE states to rest of India) so we could move things easily to the NE in times of crisis

yeah agreed but problem is defending the NE is a challenging task we need to develop good infrastructure in the Siliguri Corridor (the area that connects the NE states to rest of India) so we could move things easily to the NE in times of crisis
Can't agree more bro.To sustain a war good infra is a must.Hope our Border Roads Organisation are able to complete the road projects without much delay.Actually,on our side of the LAC terrain is incredibly rugged and setting up the roads are vey very difficult.In a future conflict we must need better roads to resuply our soldiers with arms,ammunitions and logistics and we can't sustain with just transport air crafts.
REGARDS................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom