What's new

50 projects to generate 13,400 MW power by 2016

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
50 projects to generate 13,400 MW power by 2016

ISLAMABAD (January 29 2007): Around 50 projects of private sector are in the pipeline to generate 13,400 Megawatt of electricity by 2016 at an estimated cost of 12.847 billion dollars.

Giving year-wise details of the Independent Power Plant projects, sources at the Ministry of Water and Power Sunday said 10 projects with 2,255 MW capacity including six oil and four pipeline quality gas dual-fuel are expected to be completed by 2008 with an investment of $1.691 billion.

The sources said that out of the six oil projects during the year 2008, the main project is Capacity Expansion from Existing IPPs. This is near Lahore with 405 MW capacity. This project would cost $304 million dollar.

During the year 2009, eight projects have been planned to generate 1764 MW electricity with an investment of $1.323 billion. These include three oil and five dedicated gas field projects.

The sources said in year 2010, seven projects of 1,321 MW capacity including two hydel, one oil, three pipeline quality gas dual-fuel and one dedicated gas field would be completed with the cost of $1.096 billion.

Likewise, in year 2011, three hydel projects with generating capacity of 284 MW, costing $355 million would be completed.

The sources further said in year 2012, seven projects having capacity of 2,726 MW including three hydel and four coal projects would be completed with the cost of 2.320 billion dollars.

In year 2013, five projects including four hydel and one coal would be completed to generate 1,986 MW electricity. These projects will cost 2.233 billion dollars. The sources said three hydel projects having 1,443 MW capacity are likely to be completed in 2014 with the cost of $1.804 billion.

Similarly, in year 2015 and 2016 seven hydel projects are planned to generate 1620 MW electricity and would cost $2.025 billion. The sources further said to meet growing power needs of the country, recently five agreements have been concluded with different parties for generation of about 1,300 megawatt electricity.

The tariff for coal-based power plants in Thar has been determined and hoped the Chinese company would respond positively for setting-up of plants there.

Power projects with a total capacity of 6,000 MW are in different stages of approval. These include 550 megawatt of wind power projects.

http://www.brecorder.com/index.php?id=523095&currPageNo=2&query=&search=&term=&supDate=

The tariff for coal-based power plants in Thar has been determined and hoped the Chinese company would respond positively for setting-up of plants there

And this is what i have a problem with.most of these contracts going to other countries zero trust in local companies either chinese will help or we will ask Americans or europeans just 1 question how did the other nationas do it like the europeans do the call other europeans.THis freaking slave Menatlity is got to go after this long we still need some one else to do it for us what are we learning from that ZILCH nada nothing.others gain confidence and no how to do this and that by trying to do it them self we put out tenders to rest of the world excellent.with this practice our future is bright.And on top of that wapda and K.E.S.C are in loss for as long as i can remember.so here is what i see barrow money to build a plant to produce electricity.pay some one else to do it as its easier that way.and let crown corporations run it at loss of billions.and wonder why we in debt.Pakistan need to privatise power generation and distribution get rid of wapda.i bet it will be profitable in its first year and by billions.hydro rates in pakistan are as same as usa.yet power loss in usa is never herd off.

And this is what i have a problem with.most of these contracts going to other countries zero trust in local companies either chinese will help or we will ask Americans or europeans just 1 question how did the other nationas do it like the europeans do the call other europeans.

And on top of that wapda and K.E.S.C are in loss for as long as i can remember.so here is what i see barrow money to build a plant to produce electricity.pay some one else to do it as its easier that way.and let crown corporations run it at loss of billions.and wonder why we in debt.Pakistan need to privatise power generation and distribution get rid of wapda.i bet it will be profitable in its first year and by billions.hydro rates in pakistan are as same as usa.yet power loss in usa is never herd off.

I dont understand, first you complain about local companies and then you want them to win the contract? I dont see whats wrong with using foreign companies if they are providing the best product.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom