What's new

4000 years old Saraswati River Coming back to life...

Being born and raised in Bangladesh...I believe that I have the authority to tell you something:
This is not how rivers work.
Tell me what do you think this is.
images

IMG_20111028_132309.jpg

A reservoir?
Thats the birth place a southern indian river Kaveri at 1250mtrs ,it flows underneath and later joins with other tributaries to become a big river. A cursory look might make you think it is a small water tank or reservoir.
6a838a18-97e7-4e33-a874-6c49a1e9d95a.1.6

This river dries up in summer but underneath the sand it still flows like a trickle without every drying up. At one place this river can becomes so narrow that even a goat can leap over.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mekedaatu

The rivers in bangladesh are big ,they are typical to that region. They are perennial rivers and are big. Most of the Indian rivers are not perennial. They dry up but the govts dig borewells to get water during summer instead of dredging. We still call them as rivers not as canals bcos once rainy season is back they spring back to full force.

This river is one of the lifelines of southern india. your understanding of canal is from your perennial free flowing river but for us it holds good only for half the year.

Thalakkaveri?
yup.

All I care for unearthing the scientific evidences that could literally bring the life to dead river to dislodge the bigots who are desperately trying to alienate it from the origin of Sanatan/Hinduism....

@Star Wars Many thanks for posting this news article

Many sickularists would not like this project being taken up by the BJP government
Right! The so called 'environmentalists' are gonna come down like a ton of bricks on this project. Muffler man Kejri will dub it as a BJP conspiracy to destroy the environment and Barkha Dutt and her sickular brigade will jump onto his bandwagon.

Expect plenty of fireworks.....

Back
Top Bottom