What's new

400 Years Of The Indian Navy [Illustration]

What other countries??

These have been historically been part of India...ample proof given above.

Next, don't start claiming that India was occupying Pakistan since historical times, since Pakistan is also a part of India (not another country) since historical times.

:laugh: :laugh:

Close to 100% pure BS.

Actually its given in that picture of the anchor.
The main drawback was, after the Cholas, no kingdom had ever used navy as a instrument of force. It was the westerners who had come banging again.

You missed Maratha Navy under "Kannoji Angre". Maratha navy don't wage any war but defended the coast from British. One of Indian Navy's service depo is named after Mr. Angre

You missed Maratha Navy under "Kannoji Angre". Maratha navy don't wage any war but defended the coast from British. One of Indian Navy's service depo is named after Mr. Angre

Exactly. Shivaji maharaj is one of few who knew the importance of navy. jai shivaji.

What the hell is wrong with PDF ??? Can't edit any of my posts. There is a typo in above post. Don't = didn't

Exactly. Shivaji maharaj is one of few who knew the importance of navy. jai shivaji.

And our Peshava's sunk that Navy with the help of British...... Irony

What the hell is wrong with PDF ??? Can't edit any of my posts. There is a typo in above post. Don't = didn't

And our Peshava's sunk that Navy with the help of British...... Irony

Poor strategical thinking from peshwas.. Still Maratha empire was one of the last empire which succumbed to british rule. If you had strong navy in peshwa regime you never know may be we could limit British.

After or before, no navy from anywhere in the subcontinent, other than that of the Cholas ever waged expeditionary war.

Your namesake, Rajaraja chola I conquered even Maldives - probably the maximum limit that the present day Indian navy can project force to (though that is set to change).

maldives..?? they defeated the strongest empire in SE asia - the Sri Vijayas based on the Sumatra island in Indonesia purely by Naval might.

If I were SinoChallenger, I would be inclined to say, "Above is clear proof that Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia are a part of India".

In fact, India has never said that they aren't a part of India.

As we grow strength, we should exercise our sovereignty over these territories which were historically part of India.

SE Asia historically has been culturally related to Indian subcontinent through the spread of Hinduism and Buddhism and also because of the role of Sanskrit...Many of their empires called their emperors "Rama" after Lord Rama.

Tipu sultan as well.. His admiral wreaked havoc over british navy even with much less capable ships

Didn't know about it. Curious. Can you direct me to any link or book for more info on that ???

If I were SinoChallenger, I would be inclined to say, "Above is clear proof that Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia are a part of India".

In fact, India has never said that they aren't a part of India.

As we grow strength, we should exercise our sovereignty over these territories which were historically part of India.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

these were vassel states, never were they part of Chola. And also, Chola located in geographical area that is now part of India subcontinent. But Chola is not India as the history of India nation begins with British control. So its correctly pointed out that the legacy of Indian navy is the royal navy.

:blink:

now you are claiming South East Asia as part of India?
wow, well there is no point talking to you anymore, clearly you are delusional.

I understand that there is a percentage of posts which are part of the trolling cycle, but you cannot deny that many (maybe most) hindus in India are still upset at the invaders, yet are proud of the above empire.
how do you reconcile those two?
If you are upset at people invading then you should also condemn the invasions above. If you want to glorify that empire, then you should not be as upset about the central Asian invasions.

It won't be surprise if Indians are proud of British India as they passed own Indian government, language and an attitude of creating empires.

Poor strategical thinking from peshwas.. Still Maratha empire was one of the last empire which succumbed to british rule. If you had strong navy in peshwa regime you never know may be we could limit British.

India today is not the result of Maratha empire. But the British empire. Which language unite India, Marati or English?

India today is not the result of Maratha empire. But the British empire. Which language unite India, Marati or English?

I would say neither of them. If you think english you are wrong my a mile.. you can continue trolling/rooting for english as our saviour theory here, but FYI, nothing can be furthur from truth !!

I would say neither of them. If you think english you are wrong my a mile.. you can continue trolling/rooting for english as our saviour theory here, but FYI, nothing can be furthur from truth !!

We all know that without English, India might not survive intact today as Tamils don't speak Hindi and only use English to communicate with other Indians. So don't give me the crap that English play no role in uniting India.

This is the reason that Indians are known as "tech support" Indians.

But you should be proud of Indian navy as your navy won the Atlantic war in WWII, won the battle of trafalga, and rule the ocean for 200 years without peers.

I understand that there is a percentage of posts which are part of the trolling cycle, but you cannot deny that many (maybe most) hindus in India are still upset at the invaders, yet are proud of the above empire.
how do you reconcile those two?
If you are upset at people invading then you should also condemn the invasions above. If you want to glorify that empire, then you should not be as upset about the central Asian invasions.

Invasions happened all through human history, India was no exception.

Why only Islamic invasions are singled out by Indians, because many of those invaders hated the local culture, destroyed our cultural heritage, persecuted the local population for long periods of time and forcibly tried to change our culture.

Whats weirder is that Pakistanis talk about the imperialism of the west but celebrate the murderous hateful religious imperialism of these islamic invaders. And you have the cheek to question cholas who had no history like your good guys like Sikander Butshikan.

Did you guys know Angre was responsible for annexing Andaman islands?

http://www.andamanonline.in/About/Profile/History/index.html

We all know that without English, India might not survive intact today as Tamils don't speak Hindi and only use English to communicate with other Indians. So don't give me the crap that English play no role in uniting India.

This is the reason that Indians are known as "tech support" Indians.

But you should be proud of Indian navy as your navy won the Atlantic war in WWII, won the battle of trafalga, and rule the ocean for 200 years without peers.

As i said.. continue your harp.. we don't give two hoots !!

Invasions happened all through human history, India was no exception.

Why only Islamic invasions are singled out by Indians, because many of those invaders hated the local culture, destroyed our cultural heritage, persecuted the local population for long periods of time and forcibly tried to change our culture.

Whats weirder is that Pakistanis talk about the imperialism of the west but celebrate the murderous hateful religious imperialism of these islamic invaders. And you have the cheek to question cholas who had no history like your good guys like Sikander Butshikan.

Did you guys know Angre was responsible for annexing Andaman islands?

Andaman & Nicobar Origin | Andaman & Nicobar Island History

so you are saying that the Chola empire got that way by indians giving the locals flowers and hugs?
The Chola did exactly what the invaders of India did.
They murdered, raped and pillaged and forced their religion of Hinduism on the local population, which extinguished their indigenous culture.

what I think is weirder is again, Hindus getting so pissed at the central Asian invaders but glorifying their own.

Back
Top Bottom