What's new

400 US mercenaries 'deployed on ground' in Ukraine military op

I'm know they are capable soldiers but I' was refuting Boomslang's overly optimistic post that it's "over".
After all, whom are they going to fight ? There has been little active confrontation yet....We should wait and watch..

There was a vice documentary recently on the rise of mercenary armies and how they are likely to become the norm in the future, they are well funded and have top of the line military equipment and are usually some of the best soldiers from around the world fighting together for money not a flag because if you are the best of the best why die in a pointless war for $2-3000 a month when you can earn 10 times that. Not even nationalist pride is as big as a motivator as a huge paycheck each month.

I call bullshit on this story though, its been doing the rounds since March and there is still nothing I could call real proof. Also it is not really important because as a mercenary force they have no allegiance to flag so the fact that is an American company which employs ex soldiers from all over the world is irrelevant as people seem to be portraying this as an act of Western aggression when the mercenary force may very well have Russians inside of it.

And there are plenty of Russians etc in these forces, there is a company called Erinys who have alot of Russians and have fought in Iraq etc so its not exactly some anti Russian western agenda like some of you make it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom