What's new

40+ RD-93 engines to be supplied to China in 2010

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
DATELINE: MOSCOW Jan 11

The Moscow Chernyshev Machine Building Plant will deliver 43 RD-93 engines to China by the end of this year, a defense industry source told Interfax-AVN.

“A contract on the delivery of 43 RD-93 engines to China was signed at the end of last December,” he said.

The contract is part of the framework agreement on the delivery of 100 RD-93 aircraft engines to China, the source added.

The RD-93 is a modification of the RD-33 engine installed in Mikoyan MiG-29 fighter jets.

It will be installed in China’s new fighter jet, FC-1, which will be mostly exported.

There will be no problems fulfilling the contract as the plant has already delivered 57 RD-93 engines to China, the source said.

“All the new engines will be delivered to China by the end of this year,” he said.

In all, China plans to buy up to 500 RD-93 engines from Russia.

“A new contract on the delivery of 100 RD-93 engines is being negotiated,” the source said.

In the future, China may be offered a modernized variant of the RD- 93 engine with a thrust of about nine tonnes. The current engines have a thrust of 8.3 tonnes.

Pakistan bears a considerable amount of expenses in the Chinese fighter jet project (up to 50%, according to some sources). In all, up to 250 fighter jets may be produced in Pakistan.

Rosoboronexport and the Chernyshev plant have not commented on the planned delivery.

Source: Interfax-AVN

In all, China plans to buy up to 500 RD-93 engines from Russia.

500!!! :blink:

well Pakistan don't need 500 RD-93s & china don't need them..

what could could be reason behind buying 500 Engines

i may sound stupid but, are they thinking about Exporting JF-17 with RD-93?

export orders for FC-1

Well, sounds like few export contracts are already signed by Pak. And now China is also showing interest in induction of these plane. Most probably Egypt and some other nations. After signing contract with French avionics, every one is showing more interest in this machine.
J10 use AL31, thrust vectoring . But kit is not their yet.

What if China decided to fit planes for export with Russian engines and ws-10 for their own use.

Why would they export using foreign engine if they have a domestic one.

China needs these engines for something domestic and as spares

How can it be for 'spares', only FC-1 is using RD-93....

500 RD-93s don't make sense :undecided:

Pakistan alone want 200 to 250 JF17 (According to wiki). remaining 250 for china. Problem solved.

In the future, China may be offered a modernized variant of the RD- 93 engine with a thrust of about nine tonnes. The current engines have a thrust of 8.3 tonnes.
What is the reason China is not insisting on the high thrust version this time?
After all Russia is delivering those to india!
Is it because of the known fact that intial 50 engines wioll go to Pakistan? sounds not fair to me?

How can it be for 'spares', only FC-1 is using RD-93....

500 RD-93s don't make sense :undecided:

Hi,

For every plane that you have---you may need one engine in reserve----which means that when one is taken out for repairs, you can install another one witin hours.

What is the reason China is not insisting on the high thrust version this time?
After all Russia is delivering those to india!
Is it because of the known fact that intial 50 engines wioll go to Pakistan? sounds not fair to me?

I am not sure if a high thrust version of the engine exist as of today (please correct me if I am wrong) but its a proposition for future engines.

Hi,

For every plane that you have---you may need one engine in reserve----which means that when one is taken out for repairs, you can install another one witin hours.
With due respect Sir, perhaps not exactly one for each plane.......may be one for every two!!!

im sure we will sell them to srilanka in future very very sure low cost unless indians dont do any fingering by selling old tech tejas and im sure if they do they will not suceed becoz china is also a good friend of srilankns and they will buy it

Back
Top Bottom