What's new

4 ways to take better care of your smartphone battery

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
tumblr_inline_myjpkeFqCt1s072d1.jpg

Gizmodo writer Eric Limer shares some tips on preserving Lithium-ion batteries, which power pretty much all smartphones these days. We’ve summarised them for you here:

1. Keep it above 50% as far as possible and don’t charge it to 100% Limer writes that going from 100% to flat is harmful to your phone’s battery if you do it too often, although it is wise to do a full discharge about once a month for “calibration”.
  2. Once it’s done charging, take it off When a fully-charged Lithium-ion battery is left on the charger, it is slowly degraded, so watch the battery meter while charging — in fact, take it off before it hits 100%. Limer advises that you should plug your phone in to charge at about 40%, and let it run up to about 80% before taking it off.
  3. Heat is your phone battery’s worst enemy Try to keep your phone cool, writes Limer, because heat degrades its battery much more quickly, whether it’s being used or not.
  4. That portable battery pack? It’s bad for your phone tooIn line with the above point about heat, portable battery packs generate a large amount of waste heat, which in turn serves as a toaster for your phone’s battery (!). Best to stick with wall chargers, Limer advises.All that said, Limer writes that short of being a complete idiot, the average phone user should be able to keep his or her battery fairly healthy. Applying one or two of these may go a long way to making your battery last that much longer, though!
4 ways to take better care of your smartphone battery | Yahoo! Singapore on Tumblr

Also try to charge your phones using your computer and not through a wall charger, because there is a fluctuation in voltage that comes through the wall charger, but when you use your computer as a charger the voltage is closely monitored by your PSU, and the motherboard. I read it in a tech. news somewhere have to find it.

tumblr_inline_myjpkeFqCt1s072d1.jpg

Gizmodo writer Eric Limer shares some tips on preserving Lithium-ion batteries, which power pretty much all smartphones these days. We’ve summarised them for you here:

1. Keep it above 50% as far as possible and don’t charge it to 100%
  2. Once it’s done charging, take it off
  3. Heat is your phone battery’s worst enemy
  4. That portable battery pack? It’s bad for your phone too
What you basically mean is don't play any game on your phone, don't open heavy apps and don't watch too many videos, don't go to hotter temperature, carry multiple batteries when going away from home instead of charging it fully, always keep the clock ticking in your mind about the battery percentage being too high or too low.

Why not just through your phone and get rid of it? or else - ignore all the advises and use your phone and literally rape/abuse it - but enjoy :)

Don't access PDF from your smart Phones, as it eats lot of Battery. :pdf::astagh:
Good thing you reminded me. @WebMaster , sir for some reason the PDF app. doesn't open on my LG G2, it always says contact and administrator. I tried uninstalling and re installing the app. Is there another requirement for the app to work on the phone?

DONT USE GPS , WIFI , Mobile Net, Dont Play Games , Dont Call , Dont listen Music , Dont Use Camera and ( flash ) , Dont even think about opening browser

Best Way to save your battery :D

I bought Z1 xperia ... its a gud fone but it hangs like a b!tch

Just buy a new battery if you're experiencing such problems or adjust your phone...black screen, lower brightness....

Back
Top Bottom