What's new

4 Turkish defence companies among top 100 globally in 2018

Agha Sher

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
According to defencenews.com (http://people.defensenews.com/top-100/) 4 Turkish defence companies made it to the 2018 global top 100 list based on defence product revenue.

Aselsan, ranked 55 (up from 57), had a revenue of $1,424.93 million grew by 19% in sales compared to the previous year.

TAI, ranked 64 (down from 61), had a revenue of $1,089.63 million. A growth of 1% compared to the previous year.

Roketsan, ranked 96 (up from 98), had a revenue of $376 million. A growth of 3% compared to the previous year.

Finally, the newcomer to the list, STM, was ranked 97 with a revenue of $370 million. A growth of 8% compared to the previous year.

Interestingly, Turkey is the ONLY Muslim majority country with companies represented on the list. A reminder of the poor defence capabilities of Muslim majority countries...

How will the Turkish defence companies fare in next years ranking? will we observe further revenue growth and see an expanding defence industry or will the development stagnate?

And then I just looked into those company profiles. All are affiliated with Lockheed or Boeing or EADS lol. Nothing original.

Most defence companies co-operate with each other in product development. Saying Aselsan's products are not original is a baseless claim out of touch with reality.

then it means if NATO pulls back turkey's defence industry will not sustain. I am sure you have low IQ which you are not able to grasp. And need to be fed like a small kid all the time, doing ok then , then.. lol. Grow up.

The dependence is mutual - (an example) If Turkey should decide to pull out of the F-35 programme, it would be disrupted with delays of up to 6-7 months.

Indeed if NATO companies should stop working with Turkish companies, there will be a setback. However, the Turkish defence industry has matured enough to overcome that setback partially in cooperation with defence companies from other countries.

@ScreamLikeMe warning issued for trolling. If you insist on talking about the subjects that you don’t have any idea, I will keep you out of this section with banning. Go on!

@ScreamLikeMe warning issued for trolling. If you insist on talking about the subjects that you don’t have any idea, I will keep you out of this section with banning. Go on!
The dependence is mutual - (an example) If Turkey should decide to pull out of the F-35 programme, it would be disrupted with delays of up to 6-7 months.

Indeed if NATO companies should stop working with Turkish companies, there will be a setback. However, the Turkish defence industry has matured enough to overcome that setback partially in cooperation with defence companies from other countries.

I have been repeatedly asking to furnish details of their actual capability available on the public forum and @Agha Sher has been failing to do so. You call it trolling?

Trolling is what latter is doing, by replying with OK, then , OK then.

Let's me not expose the brassiness here further

US has already removed turkey from that. And by the way can you kindly enlighten us how many F35s does Turkey operate?

I have been asking to furnish details of their actual capability on the public forum and @Agha Sher has been failing to do so. You call it trolling?

Trolling is what latter is doing, by replying with OK, then , OK then.

Let's me not expose the brassiness here further

You should better shut up. You are coming here with lots of abnormal claims without providing any source and asking people to prove you wrong? How type a delusional you are? I don’t know which loser account is your original one but It seems you registered your new membership for trolling right and left pf this forum but Here is not a place where I let desperates like you to do whatever you want.

You should better shut up. You are coming here with lots of abnormal claims without providing any source and asking people to prove you wrong? How type a delusional you are? I don’t know which loser account is your original one but It seems you registered your new membership for trolling right and left pf this forum but Here is not a place where I let desperates like you to do whatever you want.

Will you debate with me with sources on this? let's see

Will you debate with me with sources on this? let's see

It seems You want somebody to consider your identity/account as a man of his words who is serious in discussion but I am not the one who will throw you that bone. Stay away from trolling in Turkish defence related matters or I will permanantly ban you for spamming threads.

4 global companies that produce engineering solutions and final pruducts in system integration, aviation, guided ammunition groups and electronics.

But what really matters is that the Turkish defense industry is creating its own ecosystem step by step. This ecosystem strengthens new main system producers through specialized companies as they create vertical growth within them. This localization will also bring in new global defense companies.

Last edited:
4 global companies that produce engineering solutions and final pruducts in system integration, aviation and electronics.

But what really matters is that the Turkish defense industry is creating its own ecosystem step by step. This ecosystem strengthens new main system producers through specialized companies as they create vertical growth within them. This localization will also bring in new global turkish companies.

Indeed, it is not easy to undo the gains made by Turkey - even if those gains should have come with ToT.

However, Turkey's defence ecosystem will never be competitive enough to take on that of the US or EU unless they find sincere foreign partners (talking to you Pakistan and Iran). That's why Muslim countries need to develop their defence companies and work intra-regionally to develop state of the art systems.

congratulations:yahoo:. . . . Unfortunately, China’s military industry is too weak, no company is on the list. :(We still have a long way to go ...

congratulations:yahoo:. . . . Unfortunately, China’s military industry is too weak, no company is on the list. :(We still have a long way to go ...

I noticed that as well - You have some huge defence companies, why are they not on the list? does it have something to do with how they are contracted by the Chinese state?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom