What's new

3rd batch of Ukrainian planes to fly back to India

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
PressTV - 3rd batch of Ukrainian planes to fly back to India

see video in the link

The third batch of Ukrainian modernized An-32s light transport planes are on the take-off position to fly back to India.

Back in 2009, the countries clinched the biggest bilateral deal in Ukrainian aviation history to modernize military cargo planes owned by the Indian Air Force.

The upgraded An-32s have updated equipment for operation from airfields up to four thousand meters above the sea level as well as in hot conditions.

The upgrades will help in increasing payload carrying capacity of the aircraft from around 6.7 tonnes to 7.5 tonnes and aim to prolong the airplanes' service life to 40 years.

Meanwhile, the Indian Air Force assures that not a single Ukrainian plane has been meant to participate in any warfare.

Ukrainian and Indian officials assured that those military cargo planes are to be used for transportation and humanitarian missions.

Experts say India is now actively replacing and upgrading its armed forces which were mostly equipped with Soviet-origin inventory. They say Ukraine has great technical and scientific potential, especially in defence and aviation industries as it inherited the Soviet aeronautics capability.

When they retired AN-32 from IAF ???

AN-32 in IAF since 1976 .. Now time for new aircraft. And read lhis line

Meanwhile, the Indian Air Force assures that not a single Ukrainian plane has been meant to participate in any warfare.

How can they assure that these won't be used in warfare? Aren't many of our paratroopers qualified to jump from these? I'm pretty sure I've seen videos of paratroopers jumping from AN-32s.

It is a pity that a country like Ukraine with great potential is left isolated on the world scientefic stage. Pakistan and India has a lot to learn from Ukraine and TOT can benefit to both countries a lot.

How can they assure that these won't be used in warfare? Aren't many of our paratroopers qualified to jump from these? I'm pretty sure I've seen videos of paratroopers jumping from AN-32s.

Usual drama!An-32 is the work horse for the paracommondoes.

Report is from Press TV. Take it with a bucket of salt. :lol:

its gona save some money but more flying coffins in indian arsenal like mig 21:moil:

AN-32UPG:

a10ab.jpg

51498950.jpg

98287831.jpg

68456953.jpg

27768766.jpg

27431496.jpg

+ all the talk of an agreement to not use these in war is utter BS. Until the MRTA arrives the AN-32 is the backbone of the medium lift capabilty of the Indian armed forces so there is no way they would not be used in wartime (if so this would cripple the IAF's lift capabilty). And these planes are MILITARY planes, anyting they do in wartime will inheriently be supporitng the war effort- no nation can impose such restrictions on India, especially not Ukraine. Maybe this is the way the Ukrainians have spun it for their own domestic reasons but there is no truth in it at all.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom