What's new

38 Chinese Illegal Miners arrested in Ghana

Dhruv V Singh

Reaction score
Obuas — The Obuasi Divisional Police Command has arrested over 40 illegal miners, including 38 Chinese nationals, for engaging in illegal mining activities at Akutuase in the Amansie Central District of the Ashanti Region. They were arrested during a special operation embarked upon by the Obuasi police yesterday.

The police also impounded six pick-up vehicles, excavators and other sophisticated weapons.

The Chinese nationals are Jin Yiyi, Wen Fu, Wen Hailu, Taw Hai Feng, Wen Zhou Yong, Chen Zhougzheng, Lu Dong Hu, Men Ming Xi, Lu Han Re, Lui Jian Yong and Li Jian Heng.

Others are Qun Jun Nen, Qun Zheng Jun, Zhoung Fei, Wen Hai Shong, Quin Yi, Quin Shan Wei, Li Quan, Quain Hair, Wein and Wzen Zhi Wei, Wen Hai Siang, Li Ke Min, Li Kao Tiang, Liu Peng Xian, Lu Yu Yuan, Qin Bao Xing and Li Xi Ha.

The rest are Wei Zei Yong, Li Zheng, ShongQuen, Wen Jina Xing, My Wei Xxy, Wen Hai Jiang, Wen Gan Tang and Anmiq Ist.

Briefing the press after the exercise, the Obuasi Divisional Police Commander, ACP Kofi Dwumffour Berchief, explained that his outfit conducted the operation to flush out the illegal miners, after receiving complaints from the management of Anglo Gold Ashnati (AGA) Obuasi mine that the activities of the galamseyers on their concession were affecting their business.

"We decided to embark on this special operation after receiving complaints from AGA that the activities of these illegal miners were affecting them."

He cautioned others to refrain from the illegal activity, since his outfit would continue to pursue them for the safety of the nation.

The Chinese nationals and their Ghanaian counterparts have since been handed over to the Ashanti Regional Police Command.

allAfrica.com: Ghana: Obuasi Police Arrest 38 Chinese Illegal Miners

China is in news today:

17 Chinese nationals arrested in Sri Lanka
Almost 500 Chinese arrested Asia-wide over telecom scam
38 Chinese Illegal Miners arrested in Ghana
DRUNK CHINESE bury women alive

Check the video..they are ghanese.

what are you trying to prove?? a racist bastard???

How can I tell someone's ethnicity from a video? :lol: There are many Indians living in Ghana, how do you know if they are or not?

How can I tell someone's ethnicity from a video? :lol: There are many Indians living in Ghana, how do you know if they are or not?

If you dont know/not sure its better to keep the mouth shut.

Being a racist a-hole in a forum is no big deal since nothing will prevent from being so ,since there are no rules to regulate.

There are plenty wasted souls whose whole existence in the world is spending time online talking BS .

They either have nothing to do with real world .. like those "obese, good for nothing net addicts" .

If you dont know/not sure its better to keep the mouth shut.

Being a racist a-hole in a forum is no big deal since nothing will prevent from being so ,since there are no rules to regulate.

There are plenty wasted souls whose whole existence in the world is spending time online talking BS .

They either have nothing to do with real world .. like those "obese, good for nothing net addicts" .

It was just a question. I was wondering why Indians were so interested in this video about Chinese in Africa, unless there was some relation to Indians? And from watching the video how was I supposed to know?

It was just a question. I was wondering why Indians were so interested in this video about Chinese in Africa, unless there was some relation to Indians? And from watching the video how was I supposed to know?

Ahhh such innocence coming from a person who only shows up in Indian threads.

How am i supposed to know??? haa..

You are not supposed to know... That needs ability called analatical thinking, which is hard for a copy paste guy to attain.

If you cant differentiate between an African and a southasian after posting and viewing many a videos i forum itself.. why dont you GFU in front of a mirror and cry out loud.

I heard many of these Chinese are from Fujian. These people... sigh... I don't want to be self-racist, but seriously, some of them bring a bad name to Northern, Western, Central, Cantonese... basically the rest of China... through their bad manners, illegal immigration and crime.

I feel like they are refusing to learn Mandarin... actually, I feel like they simply hate us Northern Chinese, which is funny because they have no right to.

I heard many of these Chinese are from Fujian. These people... sigh... I don't want to be self-racist, but seriously, some of them bring a bad name to Northern, Western, Central, Cantonese... basically the rest of China... through their bad manners, illegal immigration and crime.

I feel like they are refusing to learn Mandarin... actually, I feel like they simply hate us Northern Chinese, which is funny because they have no right to.

Are you a Northern Chinese buddy? Can I ask, which area in Northern China did you come from?

And about Fujian, I love their cuisine, and I know some swear words in Hokkien lol.

Back
Top Bottom