What's new

360 FC men martyred in Balochistan since 2007: IGFC

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Inspector General Frontier Corps (IGFC) Major General Ejaz Shahid has said that 360 paramilitary personnel had been martyred since 2007 in Balochistan, Geo News reported.

Briefing the senate’s standing committee here Wednesday, IGFC said those fighting with security forces should not be called as ‘enraged elements’ but as militants.

- See more at: 360 FC men martyred in Balochistan since 2007: IGFC - thenews.com.pk

They are insurgents, and ought to be treated with a surgical use of force strategy.

They are insurgents, and ought to be treated with a surgical use of force strategy.

@Icarus - How do we solve this mess ? At least here the Enemy doesn't strap bombs to themselves & blows up everywhere to fight in an unconventional manner ?

@Icarus - How do we solve this mess ? At least here the Enemy doesn't strap bombs to themselves & blows up everywhere to fight in an unconventional manner ?

Baloch situation can be quelled with no additional units and minimal effort but the government are convinced that looking away is the policy of the day.

Baloch situation can be quelled with no additional units and minimal effort but the government are convinced that looking away is the policy of the day.

@Irfan Baloch Bhai tells me the same but my fear is that this Insurgency may fester, the resentment will continue to boil before we have a Kurdistan like situation that the Turks & the Iraqis have been facing these many decades ! :(

@Irfan Baloch Bhai tells me the same but my fear is that this Insurgency may fester, the resentment will continue to boil before we have a Kurdistan like situation that the Turks & the Iraqis have been facing these many decades ! :(

The Kurds have very important financiers in Europe and they can easily mover around much of the area between Iraq, Turkey and beyond. The Baloch militants lack this mobility and can only go to Afghanistan and their operational capability is severely limited.

sir my family of 2 generations have been fighting the rebels from the 70s to this date 6 officers who have done their respective time in the FC.

there are some recent international dimensions but mostly the issue is the attitude of the chieftains, if they are not ruling the province then they are in the mountains blowing up the infrastructure and killing civilians.

some smart arsed clueless analysts compare it to Bangladesh and say its independence will solve the issue but to me its the well and the dead dog issue, no matter how many buckets of water you take out of it, but the stench will remain there due to the dead dog and thats the chieftains, their private jails and their half dead victims that are buried alive while the chieftain says nothing better than seeing the corpses of his opponents being dragged by the vehicles and bedding their women.

above are the words of the much romanticised chieftain Akbar Bughti who has the blood of his own subrtibe kalpar Bughtis. and the tiger league has decided to run a train in the honour of this murderer.

Last edited:
The Kurds have very important financiers in Europe and they can easily mover around much of the area between Iraq, Turkey and beyond. The Baloch militants lack this mobility and can only go to Afghanistan and their operational capability is severely limited.

Do you think that economic & social development at an accelerated pace coupled with more & more Baluch recruitment in the Forces - Levies, Police, FC, the Armed Forces etc. would be able to off-set whatever narrative the Separatists peddle to recruit foot soldiers, local supporters or even asylum providers for them or do you think expecting ourselves to get our acts together is wishful thinking at best & this is something that even if it subsides in the present is going to show its ugly face in a few decades again because for the nth time we'd again fail to address the underlying causation ?

You should have watched CM Baluchistan interview with Hamid Mir. Even he is fed up of these militants. He has said these Baloch militants are behaving more and more like Taliban and their actions don't have any justification. It is good to see an ethnic Baloch from middle class realizing the real face of these terrorists.

sir my family of 2 generations have been fighting the rebels from the 70s to this date 6 officers who have done their respective time in the FC.

there are some recent international dimensions but mostly the issue is the attitude of the chieftains, if they are not ruling the province then they are in the mountains blowing up the infrastructure and killing civilians.

some smart arsed clueless analysts compare it to Bangladesh and say its independence will solve the issue but to me its the well and the dead dog issue, no matter how many buckets of water you take out of it, but the snitch will remain there due to the dead dog and thats the chieftains, their private jails and their half dead victims that are buried alive while the chieftain says nothing better than seeing the corpses of his opponents being dragged by the vehicles and bedding their women.

above are the words of the much romanticised chieftain Akbar Bughti who has the blood of his own subrtibe kalpar Bughtis. and the tiger league has decided to run a train in the honour of this murderer.

Irfan Bhai which Tribe are you from, if you don't mind me asking ? :what:

My brother @DESERT FIGHTER is a Marri ! :smokin:

Waisee Irfan Bhai I've never really been able to reconcile that with the fact that Akbar Bugti was amongst the strongest proponents of Pakistan in Baluchistan at the Sibi Darbar (if I'm not wrong) - Where did we go wrong to alienate him that much ? :(

Do you think that economic & social development at an accelerated pace coupled with more & more Baluch recruitment in the Forces - Levies, Police, FC, the Armed Forces etc. would be able to off-set whatever narrative the Separatists peddle to recruit foot soldiers, local supporters or even asylum providers for them or do you think expecting ourselves to get our acts together is wishful thinking at best & this is something that even if it subsides in the present is going to show its ugly face in a few decades again because for the nth time we'd again fail to address the underlying causation ?

No amount of "Quotas" can solve the problem, we have to set the record straight and @Irfan Baloch has done so wonderfully in the last post. The problem is not that there hasn't been development in Balochistan, the question is why. The matter boils down to the Chieftains, tell me why is it that:

Quetta is well developed but Dera Bugti isn't.
Zhob is well developed but Kohlu isn't.
Makran is well developed but Sibbi isn't.

The difference is that the former are cities not governed by Chieftains. These leeches use up the development budget to build their own houses, send their children to Harvard and Yale while their people live in abject poverty and ever lingering fear. Who's to stop them? The Government recalled the FC and Army, leaving the Levies to take control, conveniently overlooking the fact that the Levies are paid out of the Chief's own pocket.

Haiiiin ? :blink:

Abdul Malik Baluch is a Pukhtoon ! :lol:

The Governor of Baluchistan is a Pukhtoon - Achackzai's elder brother unless I'm mistaken ! :unsure:

I posted that and just realized that Achakzai Sahab is the Governor, pulled it down pretty quick but apparently not quick enough.

Back
Top Bottom