What's new

325 mmcfd of LNG to be imported from April 1st

Which dam is being built in Jehlum? If you're referring to NJ then that's a run on the river project.

I agree, end of the loadshedding by 2018 means an extension of N's reign to 2023. But the problem of circular debt won't go away because even the current hydro projects will be quite expensive. For example, the electricity from NJ would now cost 16 rupees per unit as a result of increased costs. So either this relatively expensive electricity be only supplied to industry or the areas with collection rate higher than 95% Otherwise this will end up in nothing other than increased circular debt. Tackling the circular debt on sustainable basis would mean sustained production of electricity by both private as well as public sector.

Infrastructure has always been and will always be the key to development and efficiency. Had there been a RBT or MRT in Karachi, the pick up in private vehicles wouldn't've been that rapid which has now grown to such size in just 5-6 years that current infrastructure in now under pressure.Just consider the saving in the case of increased infrastructure life, time saving, cost savings and above all resource savings from this kind of project. Similar is the case for Lahore. However, I do agree that its not necessary to build metro in every city. For example start with top 10.
They will tackle circular debt towards election. Probably Saudi will donate extra money because they prefer nawaz govt. If they fix circular debt now, it'll grow again later. So why not print money/take donation in 2018. By then we will also have gas plants online which cost less than oil running ones.

This is what Imran is afraid off. If gas and electricity load shedding is gone, it's auto win election for Nawaz. Hence he wanted his govt be toppled

They will tackle circular debt towards election. Probably Saudi will donate extra money because they prefer nawaz govt. If they fix circular debt now, it'll grow again later. So why not print money/take donation in 2018. By then we will also have gas plants online which cost less than oil running ones.

This is what Imran is afraid off. If gas and electricity load shedding is gone, it's auto win election for Nawaz. Hence he wanted his govt be toppled
I am talking about sustainable solution of circular debt. Of course printing money is an easy way out.

I am talking about sustainable solution of circular debt. Of course printing money is an easy way out.
I know it is not sustainable, but a quick boost is possible with help of Saudis and money print. Imagine in February/March 2018 just a month before election load shedding is only 2 hours or less. That's just a Win. Common man doesn't know the effects are temporary. And entire campaigne will be on "we removed gas shedding and electricity shedding is only 2 hours or less. If you vote us again, we will remove completely". Pmln previous campaigns was also on removing load shedding. Once they're voted in, people can't change gov't. They said load shedding will be removed in so and so and now they say it's going to be in 2018. Also note that by March 2018, PML is likely to have senate majority. This is going to help PML in passing laws etc.

But I want to say that starting next decade, we can control circular debt much easier than now. The electricity produced with oil is getting less and being replaced by gas, coal, nuclear plants and dams. This will allow govt to not subsidies the electricity anymore.

When money is printed, of course rupee will devalue a lot but it wouldn't matter to common man in short term. He will be enjoying rather little load shedding. It will really depend on how much dollars Saudi donate to not devalue the rupee too much.

Anyway, if I was nawaz, I'll print like crazy before election and prevent Load shedding and win election, knowingly that when I'm back in power, load shedding will increase again.

This is what PPP did. As petrol was getting more expensive and other stuff, they started subsidizing just before elections.

I know it is not sustainable, but a quick boost is possible with help of Saudis and money print. Imagine in February/March 2018 just a month before election load shedding is only 2 hours or less. That's just a Win. Common man doesn't know the effects are temporary. And entire campaigne will be on "we removed gas shedding and electricity shedding is only 2 hours or less. If you vote us again, we will remove completely". Pmln previous campaigns was also on removing load shedding. Once they're voted in, people can't change gov't. They said load shedding will be removed in so and so and now they say it's going to be in 2018. Also note that by March 2018, PML is likely to have senate majority. This is going to help PML in passing laws etc.

But I want to say that starting next decade, we can control circular debt much easier than now. The electricity produced with oil is getting less and being replaced by gas, coal, nuclear plants and dams. This will allow govt to not subsidies the electricity anymore.
But not to go for a long term fix, which eventually will have to be done. Paying off CD is just like hitting the can on the road while walking, it will reach one's feet again eventually.

But not to go for a long term fix, which eventually will have to be done. Paying off CD is just like hitting the can on the road while walking, it will reach one's feet again eventually.
But nawaz will win election ;)

Infrastructure has always been and will always be the key to development and efficiency
As much you hate it, he's going to win next election if above is accomplished. The gas load shedding elimination is likely to get better gov't ratings in order to win local body elections.
unless he starts to build dams he will lose... That much is certain because it is going to be the rallying call against him
Trust me, people will forget the dozens of dead people in 2014 at the hands of gov't if Nawaz gov't provides lesser load shedding of electricity and eliminate gas load shedding.
Completely finishing load shedding is one of the promises he made. The new voters will have Facebook bombarded with his promises and how many he actually kept. With most of our vote being young voters there will be a shift away from N unless he can stand up and show himself as a leader.
and we need buses just as much as electricity. Cities badly need transit systems.
what about water?? you think we need that also?? Thar today will be bigger cities tomorrow.... Unless actions are taken today

Which dam is being built in Jehlum? If you're referring to NJ then that's a run on the river project.
that run of the river will give us right over the river water :) read on it please. because otherwise we will lose the rights to the river because we are not using it. Which is why i say buses may be important but the most important things right now are dams

and then it will be another big slash in $ reserves ?

Which reserves? The ones that were "non existent" when the current government took over and THEY built those reserves? Or the reserves you might have in your bank account......? Every time you buy something, you pay for it. But if you buy something that replaces twice the expensive product or service you HAVE been buying from your military rule and military dictatorship days.....then its a GREAT deal. Someone's trying to correct the system by buying cheap. So the fuel $$ doesn't go into general's pocket by claiming fuel costs for moving the military. You'd be surprised how many hundreds of millions go unaccounted for, in that regards.

Outside of Gen. Rahel Sharif and a couple of others, every other general has millions of dollars worth of properties in Turkey, the US, the UK and even super expensive farm houses within Pakistan. Didn't realize the military of Pakistan pays what the CEO's of Citibank make in the US! Talk about corruption!

Common man doesn't know the effects are temporary
arrogant are we? the common man is really smarter then you give them credit for... And many remember Nawaz and his promises not being kept till now... Try talking to real people when you come to Pakistan rather then on the internet from Canada.
When money is printed, of course rupee will devalue a lot but it wouldn't matter to common man in short term.
Prices will go up drastically but the common man will not care. I can understand being for a political party but being so arrogant as to the intelligence of the common man is pathetic.
This is what PPP did. As petrol was getting more expensive and other stuff, they started subsidizing just before elections.
and they won the elections is that not right??
This N government is hanging by threads right now and it will not manage to complete term if there are any more set backs. More over I think load shedding is less important day by day to the people. Mark my words there will be a re-emergence of TUQ and Imran with proper reminders as to what happened in the N government in relation to police brutality, increase in taxes and right now IMF will make the taxes go even higher. So I doubt Nawaz can stay unless he manages to complete or make significant progress on cheap electricity and makes the economy better. Right now most business men are being swallowed up or put out of business because of favouritism to big businesses and they will not vote N again. The flood victims will still remember the lack of help they got, the whole of model town will remember being boxed in as will those in pindi Islamabad.

Mark my words there will be a re-emergence of TUQ and Imran with proper reminders as to what happened in the N government in relation to police brutality, increase in taxes and right now IMF will make the taxes go even higher.
Not on their own and nawaz has learned the lesson to keep up with the people having the remote control. So now you see both Imran and TuQ automatically marginalized....

Back
Top Bottom