32 Terrorists Killed, Sniper Rifles Confiscated in Sinai

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Friday, 22 June, 2018 - 07:00

egypt.jpg

An Egyptian military vehicle is seen on the highway in northern Sinai, Egypt, in this May 25, 2015 file photo. REUTERS/Asmaa Waguih/Files

Egypt's armed forces and police killed 32 terrorists in North and Central Sinai and arrested 12, as part of the army’s ‘Comprehensive Sinai 2018’ operation.

A witness in the case of the retrial of former President Mohamed Morsi and 27 others from the Muslim Brotherhood said that snipers from the Muslim Brotherhood have targeted the protesters at Tahrir Square (center of Cairo) to cause a riot between the police and Egyptians.

Official spokesperson for the Egyptian army Tamer al-Refai released a Facebook statement on Thursday confirming that the Air Forces has managed to destroy 21 stationing points for North Sinai militants over the past few days. Refai added that two vehicles loaded with weapons and ammunition were destroyed while trying to penetrate the western borders of the country, and that a store containing munitions had been discovered.

Comprehensive Sinai 2018 operation was launched with the participation of diverse formations from the army and the police in February to eradicate the extremists who are launching offensives against the army that killed a number of security members and civilians throughout the years. Forces have also recently destroyed 272 hideouts used by militants to store weapons in central and northern Sinai, and a weapon cache near the country’s western border.

Military engineers have discovered and destroyed 15 bombs planted to target forces at operation sites, the spokesperson added.

General Mohammad Zaki ratified Thursday a committee to settle the case of the citizens of Matrouh Governorate who dropped behind the mobilization. Meanwhile, Cairo Criminal Court continued to listen to general Hassan Abdulrahman, the former head of the state’s intelligence, in the case of retrial of Morsi and 27 others from the Muslim Brotherhood.

Abdulrahman mentioned that around 800 from Hamas and 100 from Hezbollah raided the border – he continued that the vehicles were four-wheel and equipped with arms and individuals as well as RPG and Kalashnikov.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1308331/32-terrorists-killed-sniper-rifles-confiscated-sinai

Friday, 22 June, 2018 - 07:00

egypt.jpg

An Egyptian military vehicle is seen on the highway in northern Sinai, Egypt, in this May 25, 2015 file photo. REUTERS/Asmaa Waguih/Files

Egypt's armed forces and police killed 32 terrorists in North and Central Sinai and arrested 12, as part of the army’s ‘Comprehensive Sinai 2018’ operation.

A witness in the case of the retrial of former President Mohamed Morsi and 27 others from the Muslim Brotherhood said that snipers from the Muslim Brotherhood have targeted the protesters at Tahrir Square (center of Cairo) to cause a riot between the police and Egyptians.

Official spokesperson for the Egyptian army Tamer al-Refai released a Facebook statement on Thursday confirming that the Air Forces has managed to destroy 21 stationing points for North Sinai militants over the past few days. Refai added that two vehicles loaded with weapons and ammunition were destroyed while trying to penetrate the western borders of the country, and that a store containing munitions had been discovered.

Comprehensive Sinai 2018 operation was launched with the participation of diverse formations from the army and the police in February to eradicate the extremists who are launching offensives against the army that killed a number of security members and civilians throughout the years. Forces have also recently destroyed 272 hideouts used by militants to store weapons in central and northern Sinai, and a weapon cache near the country’s western border.

Military engineers have discovered and destroyed 15 bombs planted to target forces at operation sites, the spokesperson added.

General Mohammad Zaki ratified Thursday a committee to settle the case of the citizens of Matrouh Governorate who dropped behind the mobilization. Meanwhile, Cairo Criminal Court continued to listen to general Hassan Abdulrahman, the former head of the state’s intelligence, in the case of retrial of Morsi and 27 others from the Muslim Brotherhood.

Abdulrahman mentioned that around 800 from Hamas and 100 from Hezbollah raided the border – he continued that the vehicles were four-wheel and equipped with arms and individuals as well as RPG and Kalashnikov.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1308331/32-terrorists-killed-sniper-rifles-confiscated-sinai

Great job by our brothers in neighboring Egypt.

Those terrorists are working hard to try to turn beautiful Sinai into a failed part of Egypt and the Arab world but this will fail. Most locals abhor those terrorists. I am sure that Cairo is working hard (or at least should be) to create as few incitements for locals to join such terrorist groups. Whatever grievances that locals in Sinai have (neglect as is commonly mentioned by SOME locals) should be dealt with peacefully. I am sure that as Egypt rises from the sand as a phoenix and by the time that NEOM will be developed directly next door in KSA, Sinai will be a trade and economic hub aside from already (the South) being a well-known tourist destination. Obviously the tourism industry in Sinai will enjoy better times as well when the security improves however it should be noted that most of the unrest is in the north of Sinai if not all of it.

BTW I wonder which external party is supporting those terrorists?!

Last edited:
Great job by our brothers in neighboring Egypt.

Those terrorists are working hard to try to turn beautiful Sinai into a failed part of Egypt and the Arab world but this will fail. Most locals abhor those terrorists. I am sure that Cairo is working hard (or at least should be) to create as few incitements for locals to join such terrorist groups. Whatever grievances that locals in Sinai have (neglect as is commonly mentioned by SOME locals) should be dealt with peacefully. I am sure that as Egypt rises from the sand as a phoenix and by the time that NEOM will be developed directly next door in KSA, Sinai will be a trade and economic hub aside from already (the South) being a well-known tourist destination. Obviously the tourism industry in Sinai will enjoy better times as well when the security improves however it should be noted that most of the unrest is in the north of Sinai if not all of it.
A lot of sacrifice as I read in other forum.. many Egyptian valuable officers(mostly) were lost in these operations in Sinai.. which show a positive trait of the Egyptian armed forces where Officers lead by example.. most were lost to IEDs and a few to direct confrontations with terrorists.. they rank from second lieutenants to Colonels, but mostly Captains ..all young with promising future, who scarified their lives for the nation's betterment..

A lot of sacrifice as I read in other forum.. many Egyptian valuable officers(mostly) were lost in these operations in Sinai.. which show a positive trait of the Egyptian armed forces where Officers lead by example.. most were lost to IEDs and a few to direct confrontations with terrorists.. they rank from second lieutenants to Colonels, but mostly Captains ..all young with promising future, who scarified their lives for the nation's betterment..

Indeed. May the martyrs rest in peace. Their sacrifice for the people of Sinai and their nation cannot be underestimated. They are embodiments of the spirit of the Egyptian army!

From what I can gather, things are improving in Sinai and I believe that we are approaching the end of this occasional unrest!

The hardest job will be to target sleeper cells and those that call for those terrorists to do what they do! This is the job of the intelligence service and I am sure that they are working on this field 24/7.

My humble opinion is that Egypt should cooperate with Iraq on this field (counterterrorism) which I suspect they already do! Egypt does it with KSA for sure!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom