What's new

3 Pakistanis nominated for Nobel Peace Prize 2012.

The only one really deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize is Abdul Sattar Edhi. And its about time too!

As for the rest two, not worth any comments.

The only one really deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize is Abdul Sattar Edhi. And its about time too!

As for the rest two, not worth any comments.

yeah the man who held a peace conference (bringing different religions together and promoting peace amongst them), and a wrote a detailed book to the world (that Islam does not support terrorism) should not receive any comment right? :rofl:

Let me guess, you sir, should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, for your considerate efforts of being a talented and intelligent poster here on defence.pk :wave:

^^ He meant Khan and the other guy are nothing compared to what Edhi did and what he is still doing...

Abdul Sattar Edhi deserves it. Anna Hazare may get it too. But hey Kissinger and Obama have also received it :lol:

^^ He meant Khan and the other guy are nothing compared to what Edhi did and what he is still doing...

Yes but he still said "not worth any comments" which is equivalent to saying the 2 haven't done anything worthy enough to be considered for a nobel prize in the first place anyways :no:

The Nobel peace prize has lost its sheen after Obama got it.

Yet of the three mentioned Edhi has done more & selflessly.He serves as a role model for the rest to emulate.

These calls sometimes are political so one cannot be sure who'll get it.

Edhi probably deserves it the most out of all three of them IMO

Well I think all three of them has been actively involved in charitable work and impartial up to certain extents so I wouldn't mind any of them been given Noble Peace Prize award for this year. The bottom line is, it should come to Pakistan!

I believe Edhi is the most deserving candidate among these three and hopefully his lifetime service will be acknowledged by the panel and this time given the Noble award to a Pakistani.

Aameen

If obama can grab the award then why not ik afterall he funds a cancer hospital . lol...

I would go for Edhi , then Dr Tahir.

Edhi should have won it years ago.

I think first we should welcome all these three nominations as all are Pakistanis.Refusing the great contribution any of the above 3 nominations is purely a prejudice which is a common problem of our nation.

Selection committee evaluates the person in context of his efforts made for the whole mankind not
for any specific area or group of people.

There are more than 231 nominations for this award which are made through a sensitive process. I personally think just nominations for this award is big think for them and for Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom