What's new

2nd T20: India cruise to first win of Australia tour

Android

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Melbourne: The bowling was good, the fielding bang on and batting steady and solid. Even the opening partnership clicked for India on Friday as the visitors registered their first win on the tour Down Under.

Scorecard

India defeated Australia by 8 wickets in the 2nd T20I in Melbourne to level the two-match T20 series 1-1.Â

India openers Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag began cautiously but gave India its best start of the tour. The duo put on 43 runs. Sehwag was the more attacking of the two before falling to 40-year-old spinner Brad Hogg. He scored 23 off 16 balls.

It was India's best opening stand in the last 10 away international innings, the highest since Parthiv Patel and Ajinkya Rahane's stand of 52 at Cardiff on Sept 16, 2011.

Sehwag's departure thankfully did not start any collpase this time as Gambhir then combined with Virat Kohli to put on 54 runs for the second wicket. By the time Kohli (31 off 24 balls) departed, edging a Mitchell Marsh delivery to wicketkeeper Matthew Wade, India needed 35 runs off 38 balls.

At No. 4, in walked captain MS Dhoni, who promoted himself up the order, to ensure there were no hiccups for India on Friday.

Gambhir then went on to complete his half-century, his 7th in T20 internationals, even as Dhoni lent him able support.

India needed just one run before the start of the 20th over but Australia still did not give in easily. Gambhir played three dot balls to give the Indians some nervous moments before finally hitting a four off the third last ball of the match to give India its first taste of victory on the tour.

Gambhir remained unbeaten on 56 off 60 balls while Dhoni chipped in with 21 off 18.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::victory::victory::victory:

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

2nd T20: India cruise to first win of Australia tour | News | NDTVSports.com

it was a much needed victory now we can forget about test series disaster go into the tri series with positive mindset

Yaaaawn..... these matches are getting borer & borer....:fie:

T20 main bhi ab maza nahi raha....

test match are a true test of skills and team t20 are ruining the game but congrats it was a well needed win for some moral boost

:rofl::rofl: and the indian celebrates

Yes it is an achievement! Australia did not left India to win... They earned it! A good lesson indeed... Whitewashed in England and Australia... One should also win in any type of pitches.

I like Test matches than limited One day and T20.
This victory of T20 will give some confidence for further matches.
I Hope tedulkar will cross 100 century Land mark soon.

I want to see India clean sweep in ODI matches.
Asian team should win against Australia.

Back
Top Bottom