Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
28 Indian fishermen held for intrusion into Bangladesh waters

BANGLADESH
TBS Report
29 January, 2021, 10:40 pm
Last modified: 29 January, 2021, 10:48 pm

A huge amount of fish seized from their trawlers was auctioned in the presence of the assistant fisheries officer of Mongla upazila
Bangladesh Coast Guard West Zone seized this trawler from Indian fishermen for fishing illegally inside Bangladeshi maritime boundary in the Bay of Bengal. Photo: TBS

received_250744876689640.jpeg

Bangladesh Coast Guard West Zone seized this trawler from Indian fishermen for fishing illegally inside Bangladeshi maritime boundary in the Bay of Bengal. Photo: TBS

Bangladesh Coast Guard West Zone has arrested 28 Indian fishermen on Friday and seized two trawlers for fishing illegally inside Bangladeshi maritime boundary in the Bay of Bengal.

There was a huge amount of fish in the two trawlers. The fishermen and the two trawlers were brought to Mongla Ghat at night. Later, the fishes were auctioned in the presence of the assistant fisheries officer of Mongla upazila.

Mongla Upazila Assistant Fisheries Officer AZM Touhidur Rahman said the two trawlers had about 350kg marine fish of about 10-12 species including marine chela, tengra, laita, poya and bhola fishes.

The process to hand over the arrestees to Mongla police station after filing a case against them is going on.

"They will be handed over to the court on Saturday (30 January) after completing all legal procedures," said Md Iqbal Bahar Chowdhury, officer-in-charge of Mongla police station.

Earlier, on 2 December and 23 December last year, the Coast Guard seized two trawlers with 17 and 16 fishermen respectively.
A large quantity of marine fish was also seized at that time.

28 Indian fishermen held for intrusion into Bangladesh waters
Our BGB should ask its Indian counterpart BSF to come to Bd and kill their nationals for trespassing the international border. Or, BGB may learn a leaf from the BSF and kill the Indian intruders.

All these investments in ships for what if they’re just gonna let them go?

I believe the seized trawlers are also confiscated.

And what is with these Sanghi Kanjoos fishermen?

Don't they know of something called a GPS that costs around a few hundred dollars??

Here is Garmin's India website. They list this device. I'm sure it is far cheaper than getting caught by Bangladesh Coast Guard, paying fines and handing over your fish.

gpsmap-66sr-cf-lg.jpg

They even offer one cheap Marine one especially for finding fish.

striker-4-image-01.jpg

Don't they know of something called a GPS that costs around a few hundred dollars??

Here is Garmin's India website. They list this device. I'm sure it is far cheaper than getting caught by Bangladesh Coast Guard, paying fines and handing over your fish.

gpsmap-66sr-cf-lg.jpg

striker-4-image-01.jpg
They do it intentionally because they’ve overfished in their own areas and fish population is zero now. Srilanka arrested shot and killed and sent a lot of them in jail for the same thing

Sounds like a dumb question, but I’m just curious, is there a specific fish that’s very popular in those waters? Or is it just Fish in general.

Sounds like a dumb question, but I’m just curious, is there a specific fish that’s very popular in those waters? Or is it just Fish in general.
Fish in general. In BOB there’s basically anything you can think of. I see fishes that Arabs eat from Arabian gulf but I’ve never seen the fishes from bd in gulf fish markets.
but unfortunately coastal markets have the most varieties and exotic fishes are dried for some reason by the locals or sent to five star restaurants inland people eatfreshwater fish

These are poor people, give them some tea with biscuit and send them home.

Bhai, that would encourage more of them to venture into our waters.

We should create a precedent to discourage this behavior.

Maybe a precedent that doesn't cost them much, but still a precedent.

The fishermen may be poor, but the companies that own the boats are not.

gpsmap-66sr-cf-lg.jpg

striker-4-image-01.jpg
Though the religion is not demarked. most probably they are muslims by religion ( this trade is dominated by Muslims). So a Sanghi Kanjoos Muslim.
Boats provided by Indian govt.
Any evidence about this claim?
These boats are privately owned. Govt stopped subsidization on trawler some decades back.

Any evidence about this claim?
These boats are privately owned. Govt stopped subsidization on trawler some decades back.
There are some raw moles could be hidden among the fishermen! So if any evidences left , then what's the point of spying ? Why on the earth anyone will leave any evidences if the reason is spying on others?

Spying through counter intelligence is a dirty job of a country and the reality is every country do so in different ways , in different forms.

And tbh , sometimes the dirty jobs are necessary in order to survive for some countries, and other times ( for big fishes ) the dirty jobs are necessary to hold their position in regional politics.

Last edited:
There are some raw moles could be hidden among the fishermen! So if any evidences left , then what's the point of spying ? Why on the earth anyone will leave any evidences if the reason is spying on others?

Spying through counter intelligence is a dirty job of a country and the reality is every country do so in different ways , in different forms.

And tbh , sometimes the dirty jobs are necessary in order to survive for some countries, and other times ( for big fishes ) the dirty jobs are necessary to hold their position in regional politics.
You guys anti India feeling is getting to an extreme level.
Planting a raw mole in BD is quite a easy job of India, having so big open border. Getting into something where there are every chance of getting caught I don't believe even Kolkata Police detective department will do, let raw.
And finally I will suggest read Bomkesh Bakshi along with Misir Ali, I believe you like the conspiracy theories.

You guys anti India feeling is getting to an extreme level.
But look at me . I was never ever anti India and people who remember my posts before Kashmir issue , NRC and CAA know this. In fact in some point I preferred India many times as friendly neighbor ( although not as friend or ally type ) .

But after these incidents of your govt people like me became extremely anti Indian. Why don't you realise that it's your govt that is responsible for the anti Indian sentiment even for the Bangladeshis who love to introduce themselves as seculars?

You are from west Bengal , but what is happening now ? I can bet that west Bengal is going to be captured by the sanghis in next provincial election .

Who is responsible for BJP win ? Indeed common Indian folks who are voting for the sanghis right ?

Do you believe that any secular power will ever be in power in India ?

I have doubt . So why don't you realise that the Indian govt and it's citizens are responsible for the extreme anti India sentiment in Bangladesh?

I am the one ( I am a moderate Muslim) who always used to believe that United Bengal was possible before 1947 where Bengalis can live together as a nation ( Even atheists like @Homo Sapiens is always against the idea ) , I always blamed Vinayak Savarkar for his hindutva propaganda and always believed in Bengal unity ; I didn't care even if Hindus are majority in the country United Bengal.

But now by choosing BJP ,are people of west Bengal giving us ( people like me ) the right message ?

Are you guys not proving that our feelings was utterly wrong ?

What did your govt and citizens leave for us ? Nothing but hatred , fear and doubt , so instead of blaming us, please blame your own people.

Planting a raw mole in BD is quite a easy job of India, having so big open border. Getting into something where there are every chance of getting caught I don't believe even Kolkata Police detective department will do, let raw.
And finally I will suggest read Bomkesh Bakshi along with Misir Ali

I don't buy any idea from any novels , because I know that imagination is limited and reality is limitless ( কল্পনা নয়, বাস্তবতাই সীমাহীন।) .

That's why I believe that planting mole isn't easy for India anywhere because , our govt won't sleeping if India can easily plant moles in border, so India will try in different routes , not only in border areas, and it's more realistic.

Thank you. @itsanufy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom