What's new

2017 IPL auction: England's Ben Stokes is first multi-millionaire

ito

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: England allrounder Ben Stokes has emerged the biggest of purchases by the halfway mark of bidding at the 2017 IPL player auction in Bangalore, finding his first franchise in Rising Pune Supergiants who forked out Rs 14.5 crore for his services - more than seven times his base price.

Stokes was one of seven marquee players with a base price of Rs 2 crore, and within seconds his name rocketed upwards. Mumbai Indians started the bidding for Stokes, and for a good time held off frenzied bidding from Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Daredevils and Sunrises Hyderabad, but a stunning late bid from Pune Supergiants at 13.5 crore changed the tempo. Within a minute, all others backed out and Pune acquired the allrounder for a whopping price tag.

Master.jpg

Just to understand what has hit Ben Stroke. Ben Stoke salary is twice the salary cap of each League of PSL and BBL.

Good for you..
I wonder what Gayle will get after his performance in PSL..he Won't be much worth in next season of PSL.

Afghanistan's Rashid hit a jackpot.. he has been bought for 4Cr..... good for him. welcome to IPL..

Good for you..
I wonder what Gayle will get after his performance in PSL..he Won't be much worth in next season of PSL.

I think Gayle is still with Bangalore Royals. But I guess his prime has passed.

I think Gayle is still with Bangalore Royals. But I guess his prime has passed.
He is almost burden on my team Karachi Kings so much shor sharab zero performance the balls he wasted made all the difference in our match against Lahore Qalandar

I won't mind Indian tax payers money going into foreign hands so easily. Despite of the players getting millions$$$ in IPL they still play leagues like PSL, BBL, Bigbash etc with much lesser pay than IPL.

Indian tax payers money?
@Stephen Cohen @ito can you guys please explain if we are spending tax payers money to buy foreign players in IPL?

Indian tax payers money?
@Stephen Cohen @ito can you guys please explain if we are spending tax payers money to buy foreign players in IPL?

No it is the franchises own money

The Franchises are wealthy People and Corporates
who rather PAY TAXES to the Government

IPL generates money for the INDIAN Economy and provides
EMPLOYMENT and entertainment and of course the cricketing skills of our players
get better

Employment is generated not just for the players and supporting staff
but also because of Airlines ie Travelling ; Hotel expenses ; ground staff ; sponsors who spend money on TV Ads and Ground Ads

No it is the franchises own money

The Franchises are wealthy People and Corporates
who rather PAY TAXES to the Government

IPL generates money for the INDIAN Economy and provides
EMPLOYMENT and entertainment and of course the cricketing skills of our players
get better

Employment is generated not just for the players and supporting staff
but also because of Airlines ie Travelling ; Hotel expenses ; ground staff ; sponsors who spend money on TV Ads and Ground Ads
Aap to serious hi ho gaye :p:

Indirectly may be . . we buy tickets . .that money is then used for buying these players.

IPL tickets are cheaper than ODI tickets
except the BOX Tickets ; of course

Ticket revenue is a small component of the revenues
Most of it is the TV revenue

Aap to serious hi ho gaye

I am waiting for the K 4 Missile news ; No news so far
NOTAM was till today

Hey, one Afghanistan player Rashid Khan got 4 crores.
Hyderabad sunrisers

Is he from Afghanistan actually or just Afghan born ?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom