What's new

20-ft tunnel Rs 2 crore worth to keep Kasab safe

jeypore

Reaction score
Country
India
It is possibly the costliest piece of real estate being built in Mumbai and it is coming up inside the walls of the Arthur road prison at a cost of Rs 2 crore for 20 feet.

Over 250 workers are working round the clock to finish a special corridor to take 26/11 accused Mohammed Ajmal Kasab from his cell to the special court inside the jail and back. The corridor will be bomb, bullet and chemical weapons proof.

It is believed that the special court and Kasab's cell are also being reinforced with iron plates. Also, Kasab's cell, the corridor and the special court will be centrally air conditioned.

Surveillance cameras will keep a 24-hour watch in the cell, along the corridor and inside the court. This is for the first time in India's history that Rs 2 crore is being spent on security for a terrorist. For the police, it is money well spent, keeping in mind the threat to Kasab’s life.

The jail itself will be turned into a fortress. A battalion of armed paramilitary personnel will be manning it 24/7. The Mumbai crime branch has also asked for ITBP personnel for the three-tier security arrangement. Paramilitary personnel will patrol the corridor and the area outside Kasab's cell. Commandos will be placed outside the special court too.

“We are making all necessary arrangements for Kasab’s security. We have asked the Centre for their best commandoes so that his security is complete,” State Home Minister, Maharashtra, Jayant Patil said.

The trial is expected to start by the end of March and throughout the proceedings Kasab will remain chained. For the Mumbai Police the first challenge is to ensure Kasab's security. The bigger task of presenting evidence and securing a conviction comes next.
20-ft tunnel Rs 2 crore worth to keep Kasab safe | India.com

It is possibly the costliest piece of real estate being built in Mumbai and it is coming up inside the walls of the Arthur road prison at a cost of Rs 2 crore for 20 feet.

Over 250 workers are working round the clock to finish a special corridor to take 26/11 accused Mohammed Ajmal Kasab from his cell to the special court inside the jail and back. The corridor will be bomb, bullet and chemical weapons proof.

It is believed that the special court and Kasab's cell are also being reinforced with iron plates. Also, Kasab's cell, the corridor and the special court will be centrally air conditioned.

Surveillance cameras will keep a 24-hour watch in the cell, along the corridor and inside the court. This is for the first time in India's history that Rs 2 crore is being spent on security for a terrorist. For the police, it is money well spent, keeping in mind the threat to Kasab’s life.

The jail itself will be turned into a fortress. A battalion of armed paramilitary personnel will be manning it 24/7. The Mumbai crime branch has also asked for ITBP personnel for the three-tier security arrangement. Paramilitary personnel will patrol the corridor and the area outside Kasab's cell. Commandos will be placed outside the special court too.

“We are making all necessary arrangements for Kasab’s security. We have asked the Centre for their best commandoes so that his security is complete,” State Home Minister, Maharashtra, Jayant Patil said.

The trial is expected to start by the end of March and throughout the proceedings Kasab will remain chained. For the Mumbai Police the first challenge is to ensure Kasab's security. The bigger task of presenting evidence and securing a conviction comes next.

The Bollywood shows us how melodramatic the Indians are. I just wonder why such a big drama Indian govt and media are doing around Kasab!!! Or they just want to show the world, there is supposedly a neighboring country's threat to Kasab's life and so they have arranged every security!! What a rubbish Bollywood studio...!!!

Maybe the Tunnel ''contractor'' is Pranab Mukherjee's rishtaydaar? :cheesy: No wonder the cost has been elevated! :enjoy::woot:

The Bollywood shows us how melodramatic the Indians are. I just wonder why such a big drama Indian govt and media are doing around Kasab!!! Or they just want to show the world, there is supposedly a neighboring country's threat to Kasab's life and so they have arranged every security!! What a rubbish Bollywood studio...!!!

Call it melodramatic. But we believe in bringing terrorists to justice not signing peace deals and supporting them. We will spend billions if money can bring end to terror. You should be glad we are doing so much for a Pakistani. We believe in treating our "guests" well.

^^^^^

U guys also believe in providing your neighbors with a Top notch stand up comedy show.

20 feet tunnel to protect the criminal , Quantum of Solace 2 ?

Yep!!

That is the whole intention to make it look like bollywood on the outside (I mean underground), but make it hell for him inside.

What a waste of money!

The money would be better spent in the slums of mumbai on people that deserve it.

Call it melodramatic. But we believe in bringing terrorists to justice not signing peace deals and supporting them. We will spend billions if money can bring end to terror. You should be glad we are doing so much for a Pakistani. We believe in treating our "guests" well.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: well Spend even More Billions, Money can Never Put an End To Terrorism.

You Forgot that Even USA after Spending Billions of $$$ is Now Looking For Negotiating with the "Taliban", But we made a deal with our Local Citizens not Foreign Taliban Forces, how many time i have to say this to Indian Members here on :pdf:.

Yes we are Glad that you are doing so much for a Pakistani, May be you should name that Tunnel as "KASAB TUNNEL" :rofl: But later on it will be used by the Indian Public.

We know very well how you treat your Guests, we know how you treated our Female Student and One Pakistani Comedian who was performing in Indian TV show. We have seen how you treat Your Tourists as well.

well they do have take special care of their next bollywood star :azn:

this is the biggest joke i ever read on this forum!
don't forget that it's India who's supporting terrorism in Pakistan and using all the resources to destabilize and harm Pakistan image in international comunity....all this drama of Kasaab is a part of indian failed plans against Pakistan....if u really want peace then first step is to remove all your consulates from PAK-Afghan border then get out from Afghanistan, free Kashmire, stop supporting terrorism in Pakistan and Srilanka (Tamil tigers) then a good step will be stop being a Jew slave and always crying to the international comunity n doing anti-Pakistan propaganda....maybe then i will change my views about India.

don't forget that it's India who's supporting terrorism in Pakistan and using all the resources to destabilize and harm Pakistan image in international comunity....all this drama of Kasaab is a part of indian failed plans against Pakistan....if u really want peace then first step is to remove all your consulates from PAK-Afghan border then get out from Afghanistan, free Kashmire, stop supporting terrorism in Pakistan and Srilanka (Tamil tigers) then a good step will be stop being a Jew slave and always crying to the international comunity n doing anti-Pakistan propaganda....maybe then i will change my views about India.

A freshie, indeed.

Please go through as much threads as you can before you post ANYTHING.

What a waste of money....

Actually not a waste at all. Kasab is probably on everybody's hitlist. If he is killed in Jail, that would at one go destroy evidence against the planners and at the same time be an insult to India's security system. On the other hand a proper trial would indicate to everyone that India does have a working legal system that tries very hard and is a safe place (inspite of what happened in Mumbai).

Maybe the Tunnel ''contractor'' is Pranab Mukherjee's rishtaydaar? :cheesy: No wonder the cost has been elevated! :enjoy::woot:

Just for ur information sake,Maharastra state Govt and mumbai police is incharge of Kasab's security.

so u mean to say that its indias fault that there is terrorism in the subcontinent, for instability in pakistan, for worlds view of pakistan, ummmm if india made most of d world believe that pakistan is a bad state, i wonder why ur govt is not doing the same thing, is ur govt incapable of doing this or u wanna say ur govt is so innocent that they never indulge in any of these kind of activities.......my point is india cannot convince whole world abt pakistan there is smething wrong happening in ur country that is making world to believe all d wrong things........its time to wake up my frnd

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom