What's new

2 million new jobs, 7.5% GDP growth: Why India is afraid of CPEC

Indians don't care what's happening inside of Pakistan. The only reason this project got hype is because it passes through Indian territory of occupied Kashmir. It's not that we don't want at the cost of our sovereignty.Peace!

In which case you should either:

1) thank us for developing a part of your country; or
2) stop us from developing anything there at all

If you can't do either, then just shut the f*ck up!

Have you heard about Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project ?

The Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project is a planned industrial development project between the Indian capital city ofDelhi to its financial hub Mumbai. It is one of the world's biggest infrastructure projects with an estimated investment of US$90 billion and is planned as a hi-tech industrial zone spread across seven states along the 1,500 km long Western Dedicated Freight Corridorwhich serves as its backbone.

Conceived as a global manufacturing and trading hub, the project is expected to double employment potential, triple industrial output and quadruple exports from the region in five years. The total employment to be generated from the project is 3 million, the bulk of which will be in the manufacturing/processing sectors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delhi_Mumbai_Industrial_Corridor_Project

and more to come

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chennai_Bangalore_Industrial_Corridor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai-Bangalore_economic_corridor

Congratulations on that and best wishes from Pakistan for earliest and speedy completion of that project. So now can U plz let us work on CPEC and can U plz stay away from our own projects here like we do. We are just trying to make our life better here and it shud not at all be a source of worry for U. We aint stealing your money here. Right?
Thanks.

Not really sure why India is being discussed.

I am assuming that this is a rhetorical question?

What happen in every random CPEC Thread?

Pakistan, yes we can do this, we will do this & this and that.
India, no you can't and you will not.

Dear Indians, plz learn to swallow little Happiness of Pakistani people. This should be the least thing to hurt you people as you also claim that prosper and progressive Pakistan is in India interest.

Regards.

Bhaiya ji, Title padha hai aapne?

Indians don't care what's happening inside of Pakistan. The only reason this project got hype is because it passes through Indian territory of occupied Kashmir. It's not that we don't want at the cost of our sovereignty.Peace!

Gilgit - Baltistan is separate state from Kashmir. We will not involve any foreign state in Azad Kashmir. Don't worry :smokin:

Gilgit Baltistan is a separate entity of Pakistan and is legally not part of Kashmir after getting freedom from the dogra kingdom Gilgit Baltistan officially declared itself as an independent country and then they acceded to Pakistan

https://defence.pk/threads/gilgit-baltistans-liberation.375789/#post-7159721

I am not sure about others, but be assured that a developed and democratic Pakistan is in best interest for India..Enjoy the fruit of development.

Today Pakistan is one of the worst performers in South Asia

It may not be performing as well as the rest of South Asia, but that does not mean that it's doing poorly. It's doing just fine. Outside of South Asia and China/Indo-China, it's performing as well as (or better than) other developing economies in the world:

4haFfVmWZf4a0xTuHB6e5BQc-OmNgV1olG985LPCq_A.png

7.5% is actually a very modest target for a developing nation starting from a base as low as Pakistan's.

Really? India's economy is currently growing at a rate slightly under 7.5%. Would you say that it's performing just modestly?

9-10% needs to be achieved for at least a decade.

Please tell me what country's economy is growing at 9-10% year. Because as far I know, and as this map illustrates, not a single country's economy is growing that fast. Have you even taken the time to actually look this up?

Not really sure why India is being discussed.

And I'm also not sure why you're discussing Pakistan's economy/CPEC. Why don't you focus on India/UK and let us worry about Pakistan.

Kashmir is pakistan territory occupied by india if it was indias territory why people in indian held kashmir dont want to live with india

Good luck trying to convince them that.

Many of us have tried to reason with Pakistanis hundreds of times in the past that India only opposes that part of CPEC which goes through the disputed territory of territories of J&K (which has now been conveniently re-partitioned on Pakistani side).

But it looks like it suits their national narrative better to deliberately misrepresent it as Indian opposition to the entire CPEC.

They were behind on per capita from 47 - 2010 My dad went to watch the 1987 Cricket world cup semi final in India. He said the amount of backwardness and poverty in India was unbelievable. People used to ask him about the mercedes and BMW on Pakistan's roads while they were still having maruti . Even today an average Pakistani is much well off than an average Indian because we have much less inequality and bigger median household income.

Does your country have a bike more with more than 200cc.. oh 100cc.. now you come and check rural areas.. Pakistan is there at it was in 20yrs ago.. But INdia moved away.. Pakistan don't even come close when it comes to economy ... one port barely matters.. you need multiple projects like that... Despite owning busiest port Singapore economy is pretty small .. I don't know from where you guys come up with such delusions... grow up.. check reality..

Does your country have a bike more with more than 200cc.. oh 100cc.. now you come and check rural areas.. Pakistan is there at it was in 20yrs ago.. But INdia moved away.. Pakistan don't even come close when it comes to economy ... one port barely matters.. you need multiple projects like that... Despite owning busiest port Singapore economy is pretty small .. I don't know from where you guys come up with such delusions... grow up.. check reality..

Yeah sure we have bikes more than 100cc. 20 years behind?am talking about per capita not the overall economy.

It may not be performing as well as the rest of South Asia, but that does not mean that it's doing poorly. It's doing just fine. Outside of South Asia and China/Indo-China, it's performing as well as (or better than) other developing economies in the world:

4haFfVmWZf4a0xTuHB6e5BQc-OmNgV1olG985LPCq_A.png

Really? India's economy is currently growing at a rate slightly under 7.5%. Would you say that it's performing just modestly?

Please tell me what country's economy is growing at 9-10% year. Because as far I know, and as this map illustrates, not a single country's economy is growing that fast. Have you even taken the time to actually look this up?

And I'm also not sure why you're discussing Pakistan's economy/CPEC. Why don't you focus on India/UK and let us worry about Pakistan.

They remain oblivious to 400 million poor Indians . Cant make toilets for their own people but are happy with 7 % growth .:lol:

Is there any government document published from Government of Pakistan giving details about this project, sez, transit fees to be charged from Chines goods, Pakistan export to China and as India has been dragged into this, the effect of this corridor on India.

but are happy with 7 % growth .:lol:

Apparently not, one of them made the extraordinary statement that for countries like Pakistan, 7.5% growth would be "modest", and got some up-votes. He should go look at India's growth rate first (7.4%), and the rest of the world, before posting. :lol:

Is there any government document published from Government of Pakistan giving details about this project, sez, transit fees to be charged from Chines goods, Pakistan export to China and as India has been dragged into this, the effect of this corridor on India.

There are maps for the projects from various news sources, and articles that discuss SEZs. I can post some if you'd like. I don't think transit fees have been decided yet, however.

Back
Top Bottom