What's new

$2 billion fifth generation Indian fighter program cleared

I do not mind if they take more ten years from now...coz we can start replacing Mig-29s and M2k from 2025 onwards with AMCA...that should be the long term plan..

not actually quiet the opposite, when it comes to defence matters 2 billion in a 3rd world country like india will only go so far compared to 2 billion in Australia who has access to high level technologies. but when it comes to manufacturing due to cheap labor costs, in india $1 will go further than australia because obviously australians are paid higher. thus Australia labor is at premium hence it wont be economical to say make shoes here because productive output of a shoe is not that much compared what you have input into an Australian, whereas in india you will be giving barely more than food supplies for a days work. .

My point was that you can have 100 engineers and scientists working for the same amount of money as 10 of their counterparts in America/ or here in Australia. Its not just unskilled labour which is cheap in India, but skilled labour too.

And as for the transfer of technology, thats what MMRCA is for :enjoy:

Why are they emphasizing the weight of the aircraft ?

Does having less size/weight have any significance in the utility of a 5th generation aircraft ? (other than possible cost reduction and less complicated design)

Why are they emphasizing the weight of the aircraft ?

Does having less size/weight have any significance in the utility of a 5th generation aircraft ? (other than possible cost reduction and less complicated design)
Lower weight means ease of modifications for carrier operations. Besides, it also indicates a smaller aircraft as in f-22/f-35.

Lower weight means ease of modifications for carrier operations. Besides, it also indicates a smaller aircraft as in f-22/f-35.

Carrier operations sounds interesting. However, I doubt size makes any difference as 5th gen fighters are stealthy by design.

My point was that you can have 100 engineers and scientists working for the same amount of money as 10 of their counterparts in America/ or here in Australia. Its not just unskilled labour which is cheap in India, but skilled labour too.

And as for the transfer of technology, thats what MMRCA is for :enjoy:

Human cost is not that much in high tech development. The major costs are machinery, computer components, advanced materials, etc... that you have to buy from international market. A dollar is a dollar in international market.

The first test-flight of the Tejas Mark-II version, with more powerful American GE F-414 engines, will be possible only by December 2014, with its production beginning in June 2016. And even then, the Tejas will just be a medium to low-end fighter, not a high-end air dominance one.” , The Times of India quotes the Union Defense Minister A.K. Antony that the “Tejas has just reached semi-final stage The overall developmental cost of the Tejas project, including the naval variant and trainer, has zoomed up to Rs 17,269 crore from the initial Rs 560 crore earmarked for it in 1983. With each Tejas to cost around Rs 200 crore over and above this, India will end up spending well over Rs 25,000 crore on the programme.

Lets design Tejas first then think about the great on paper designs like AMCA :D

ROFL Pakistan has none really ? Are these the same people who once thought it impossible for Pakistan to survive beyond 2-3 years let alone become a nuclear power ? :D

Brooo, chill. This is a defence forum, and you're making it look pathetic. This thread relates to an indigenous Indian development, so obviously you've got a reason to flame, and troll on it. But seriously brohann, you've got to stop comparing the countries, please. We get it PAKISTAN is SUPERIOR to INDIA. Now please, leave this thread. Even i helped you spread your point across

Carrier operations sounds interesting. However, I doubt size makes any difference as 5th gen fighters are stealthy by design.
I never said anything about size affecting stealth. In fact F-35 though smaller than the F-22 has a larger RCS.

Human cost is not that much in high tech development. The major costs are machinery, computer components, advanced materials, etc... that you have to buy from international market. A dollar is a dollar in international market.
True, The point he makes assumes that the technology has been transferred to India already. For eg. India has made immense advances in the field of composites and the cost of producing those in India is way below that of the other countries with similar technologies.

I can guess why are the bakistanis frustrated. The initial amount which has been sanctioned is equal to half of their country's defence budget.

**Angoor khatte hai**
Where did it hurt ? lol

Brooo, chill. This is a defence forum, and you're making it look pathetic. This thread relates to an indigenous Indian development, so obviously you've got a reason to flame, and troll on it.
Troll dont back their claims by credible reports ROFL

This is what the person wrote and i answered
We have Man, Money and Technology.... Well as far As Pakistan You have Non, Hope U get the difference Now

Has the design been frozen yet? Also, is the radar going to be developed by India or will it a JV with Elta/EADS/NIIP etc? Have they announced what AMCA would carry armament wise? Astra for sure and India LGBS etc, but will it carry METEOR/MICA. Hopefully, the MRCA winner's weapons package is used on multiple platforms.

Back
Top Bottom