What's new

1971 War Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravo

New Recruit

Reaction score
so do we lost the War ?????? imgaes that i have seen on a web site reagarding Pakistnai military they realy hurt me

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Oct 26 2005, 04:29 PM
We did lose the war.

http://pakistaniforces.com/index.php?optio...d=66&Itemid=199

It was our generals who showed the cruelty, but i accept there was some fault on Bangladeshi people too. The leaders were hungry for power on both sides, the issue could be solved, but our generals had to take aggressive way as always.
[post=1344]Quoted post[/post]​
on this point i m agreed Ahsan but there are many other factors as well storry is quite long and not only a genral... many other genral showed cowerdness. may be according to situation they have done what they have to do but the method they adopt was not good on the other hand its also a reality that people of east Pakistan were not in faviour to be a part of western Pakistan any more. on this point i m thinking that just like east germany and west germany becomes united once again can west and East Pakistan become united some day ???? though this is a fact that both countries dont have borders with each other but examples are there many countries dont have borders between their diffrent stats but they are united still for example Giblater is a part of United Kingdome but both dont have any commen border. so dose that rule apply on Pakistan and Bangladeish???? or we come to far away to united once again ????

Dear Bravo,

You need to think like this, they have a seperate nation and they are cool with us, not just that but they are a Islamic Nation. They were once use to be one of us, and i believe they still are, just because they have different government does it make them different from us? If Karachi has a different type of government will Karachi become "they"? The answer is NO!.

Whats the situation here is, they are happy in their own way, they believe in democratic system so do we, but we have political troubles at all times, not to mention if we were united today. Pakistan wouldn't be what it is today, due to government, after all these years now we are getting a good government that can handle Pakistan. Think about it what would happen if there were two Pakistan each far away from each other and in the middile Mister India!

After reading and researching the bangladesh people wanted to be divided because they thought it was better, and Pakistan government wasn't doing anything for them. They were not getting proper developments, they were consider as "bhangees" they were not even given proper foods, and they worked too hard, and they got nothing pretty much out of it. In some papers its even cited that all the money of the development of Bangladesh were used to given to Karachi(note it was a capital in those days.) Some of us have treated them very badly, and we should feel sorry for it.

But we should be happy that once again both nations have brotherly relations, and have very strong ties. If there was a talk of being united again i would vote "no" but yes if there was to be a tie of being a military ally i would certainly say yes. Why because then we will have advantage of geographic area, yes we have nuclear weapons and typically dont really need them, but it is our responsiblity to keep every Muslm nation feel secure. I agree we have some sort of advantage in conventional war, due to enemy will have to fight on both front which will be relatively hard, and it was hard even for Germany in World War 2.

I think we were defeated because our East Pakistani brothers betrayed us.
Now they are paying the price by regularly being killed by Indian BSF soldiers .

Is there any possibility of united Pakistan again ! I mean a united confederacy of muslims in S.Asia .
:PakistanFlag:

Originally posted by F22@Oct 26 2005, 09:00 PM
I think we were defeated because our East Pakistani brothers betrayed us.
Now they are paying the price by regularly being killed by Indian BSF soldiers .

Is there any possibility of united Pakistan again ! I mean a united confederacy of muslims in S.Asia .
:PakistanFlag:
[post=1364]Quoted post[/post]​

Regulary being killed by Indian BSF soldiers? Any links in this regard?

You know that you need a proof of your claim right?

Ashan is right.Bangladesh becoming it's own country was a mircle a disguie for both pakistan and bangldesh.If bangladesh had seprated right after the pakistani indpendence, pakistan might just have been a devloped country right now.But any ways both countries are better off without each other.

the indians played us.

they killed us from indian airspace and parked their carrier in the bay of bengal.

thus making it dificult for us to send reliefe supplys and help in releif efforts. (the great flood)

then the raw spun this into

"West Pakistan intentionaly not helping East Pakistan"
"East Pakistani second class Pakistani citizens"
"East Pakistan in chains of the West Pakistani masters"

the flood also washed away much munition and supply dumps leaving the forces with limited amount of firepower. thus the indians where guaranteed victory as it was inevitable for the supplies to run out.

Originally posted by Moahammed_Yahya@Oct 26 2005, 09:53 PM
the indians played us.

they killed us from indian airspace and parked their carrier in the bay of bengal.

thus making it dificult for us to send reliefe supplys and help in releif efforts. (the great flood)

then the raw spun this into

"West Pakistan intentionaly not helping East Pakistan"
"East Pakistani second class Pakistani citizens"
"East Pakistan in chains of the West Pakistani masters"

the flood also washed away much munition and supply dumps leaving the forces with limited amount of firepower. thus the indians where guaranteed victory as it was inevitable for the supplies to run out.
[post=1409]Quoted post[/post]​

That and plus the fact that the East Pakistan government and army totally supported the Indian army made it basically impossible for Pakistan to win the war. And besides, did you guys know that the East Pakistani soldiers held the indian soldiers on their shoulders to show them the way through the country?

Originally posted by Ahsan_R@Oct 27 2005, 02:23 AM
That and plus the fact that the East Pakistan government and army totally supported the Indian army made it basically impossible for Pakistan to win the war. And besides, did you guys know that the East Pakistani soldiers held the indian soldiers on their shoulders to show them the way through the country?
[post=1428]Quoted post[/post]​
yes mutiny.

the result of hard grafted propoganda by raw.

East Pakistani soldiers held the indian soldiers on their shoulders to show them the way through the country?

This is funny :LOLANI:

But then they say we surrendered. Yah! we surrendered for good idiots! :laughing:

We dont like to kill civilians in the order of some drunk general do we, and those who did well they did, and we are ashame of it.

Not to blame East Pakistan regiment . There were only handful of Bangalis in that regiment. The name of the regiment is used for confusing people, somehere I read that bangals saved Lahore in 65 because east bengal regiment was posted there . But the truth is that there were only a few bangalis there, the regiment mostly contained baluchis, pathans and shindhis.

Back on the point, its the corrupt politicians like Mujibur Rahaman who supported India in order to grab power.

Dear Ahsan

I read your post but i think "UNITED WE STRONG' policy is better for Muslims and even according to islam concept of different Islamic stats is prohibited.
Though Bengalis have good relations with us but both nations are now two different countries there are some advantages as well as disadvantages of being united. but over all u will find it good for both countries i mean having a bigger market mean a bigger economy which attract the investors and investment brings industry, industry provide jobs and jobs provide money which finally produce prosperity but in our case both countries divided and become two different market its cut the business half... i mean losing customer mean losing business and u know Bangladesh is producing lots of those things which Pakistan don’t produce and same way Pakistan is producing so many thing which Bangladesh need but because of both countries have different trade policies so volume of trade among both is more much limited than u think. result is both countries are importing these things from other nations and basically both countries are importing nations... so there export is much lower than imports which is effecting the economy. there are many other economics factors which i don’t wana discuss here but i have made my point.
divide and rule policy infect worked in 71 and now u can see that Indian BSF is killing Bangladeshi civilians frequently and Bangladesh is helpless in this kind of situation..... because so far it haven’t successed to create a strong image or influence in international community and incase of war with India world will surly stand with India and i hope u will find lots of Bengali people who want to unite with Pakistan once again because i have seen so many migrated Bengalis who want to live in Pakistan and they are living here like our brothers aint they ???? Bangladesh have its own strategic position and if both countries workout things (though their unification is not possible any more) they can influence the whole regional politics
now after reviewing the whole situation i think best option for both countries is to signed a contract among themselves same like "Closer Economic Relations" (CER) between Australia and New zeland this agreement will allow for free trade in goods and most services and this contract between Bangladesh and Pakistan can create a Market of Millions of people. same way in defense field they can get benefited. this will solve the problems of both countries and on the other hand this system will not effect the Sovereignty of both countries both countries Govt's will work independently. they will remain two different nations but they will get benefits each other.

Dear Bravo,

You indeed have a great point regarding economic relations between the two countries, but you got to admit that both countries are increasing their trade as much as they can.

I think both countries have signed trade agreement. Can anyone confirm this?
Because even Russia was looking to sign a a free trade agreement back a month or so. I think it was signed, well not sure about the economy, i read them, get happy forget it. :laughing: Ya, I know i am bad.

Back to the topic.

both countries divided and become two different market its cut the business half... i mean losing customer mean losing business and u know Bangladesh is producing lots of those things which Pakistan don’t produce and same way Pakistan is producing so many thing which Bangladesh need but because of both countries have different trade policies so volume of trade among both is more much limited than u think. result is both countries are importing these things from other nations and basically both countries are importing nations...

About this statement personally i dont agree with. True both countries are divided and certainly have two different markets, well whats wrong with being divided markets? You will get what you deserve wont you? Because before 1972 market was one, bangladeshi people worked hard, but they didn't get as much they should have been or deserved.

Most of the money was sent to west Pakistan for developments etc, and nobody really looked after the east Pakistan, and those were the reasons why Bangali people weren't happy with us.

Now its like this. There are two markets, both are divided, if one produces/exports/imports goods it does for its own geographic area, same goes with the other market. So people of that market gets the benefits not like before 72 where there was one market both in the west and the east, both worked hard, but most of the benefits were given to west side, but not the east side who deserved for their work.

This is just simply my opinion everybody has different opinion and if you have one different than mine, make sure to share!

Originally posted by Bravo@Oct 27 2005, 10:43 AM
Dear Ahsan

I read your post but i think "UNITED WE STRONG' policy is better for Muslims and even according to islam concept of different Islamic stats is prohibited.
Though Bengalis have good relations with us but both nations are now two different countries there are some advantages as well as disadvantages of being united. but over all u will find it good for both countries i mean having a bigger market mean a bigger economy which attract the investors and investment brings industry, industry provide jobs and jobs provide money which finally produce prosperity but in our case both countries divided and become two different market its cut the business half... i mean losing customer mean losing business and u know Bangladesh is producing lots of those things which Pakistan don’t produce and same way Pakistan is producing so many thing which Bangladesh need but because of both countries have different trade policies so volume of trade among both is more much limited than u think. result is both countries are importing these things from other nations and basically both countries are importing nations... so there export is much lower than imports which is effecting the economy. there are many other economics factors which i don’t wana discuss here but i have made my point.
divide and rule policy infect worked in 71 and now u can see that Indian BSF is killing Bangladeshi civilians frequently and Bangladesh is helpless in this kind of situation..... because so far it haven’t successed to create a strong image or influence in international community and incase of war with India world will surly stand with India and i hope u will find lots of Bengali people who want to unite with Pakistan once again because i have seen so many migrated Bengalis who want to live in Pakistan and they are living here like our brothers aint they ???? Bangladesh have its own strategic position and if both countries workout things (though their unification is not possible any more) they can influence the whole regional politics
now after reviewing the whole situation i think best option for both countries is to signed a contract among themselves same like "Closer Economic Relations" (CER) between Australia and New zeland this agreement will allow for free trade in goods and most services and this contract between Bangladesh and Pakistan can create a Market of Millions of people. same way in defense field they can get benefited. this will solve the problems of both countries and on the other hand this system will not effect the Sovereignty of both countries both countries Govt's will work independently. they will remain two different nations but they will get benefits each other.
[post=1479]Quoted post[/post]​

yar the main reason for it was mujib ur rahman the traitor who was allied to india and atlast his dream to weaken Pakistan was accomplished but this traitor meets the end he deserved in 1972 or 73 his whole family was been killed except one of his daughter :victory:

guys tell me one thing
one Pakistani soldier was fighting with 100 bengali and indian men they have no weapons left no ration no nothing and also many Pakistani soldiers had little heart for such a fighting in which they would have toput up armed resistence against fellow muslims (bengalis)

guys one thing should not be forgetted in 1971 where bengalis supported against pak the biharis who migarated to east Pakistan in 1947 rejected this oppostion and favoured for pakistan even
MM Alam was a bihari (not a bengali ) Biharis still wanted to come to pakistan and regard pakistan as their homeland and are sufferingby several restriction by bengali gov :Ledsen_Gubbe: they donot have elctricity in their homes and are regarded as third class citizens most important they also speak urdu beside bengali ..........

where as bengalis are concerned they have come a lot closer to pakistan and have friendly relations with pak now once i saw a cricket match on tv at dhaka and its crowd was supporting pak this does prove something

the seperation of bengal reslulted in great worries for pak as pak invested too much in bengal they build ports industries farms and others there and after that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..........

:PakistanFlag: PAKistan ZINDabad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom