What's new

1911 - Jackie Chan's 100th film

Nomenclature

Reaction score
So Jackie's 100th film is going to open across mainland China tomorrow with Japan and U.S. theatrical releases coming next month. It will also be the special opening film for this year's Tokyo International Film Festival.

Also (and more importantly for me) this is going to be director Zhang Li's big screen debut after years of working as Feng Xiaogang's cinematographer and on the small screen. His TV series Ming 1566 is one of my all-time favorites and I recommend it to any mandarin speaker (if you don't trust me, Lee Kuan Yew also recommended it).

Anyway here's the U.S. and Japanese trailers (the Chinese trailer sucked).

Last edited by a moderator:
So Jackie's 100th film is going to open across mainland China tomorrow with Japan and U.S. theatrical releases coming next month. It will also be the special opening film for this year's Tokyo International Film Festival.

Also (and more importantly for me) this is going to be director Zhang Li's big screen debut after years of working as Feng Xiaogang's cinematographer and on the small screen. His TV series Ming 1566 is one of my all-time favorites and I recommend it to any mandarin speaker (if you don't trust me, Lee Kuan Yew also recommended it).

Anyway here's the U.S. and Japanese trailers (the Chinese trailer sucked).

Jackie Chan is really a great guy. Apart from his old school lug fu master films, I enjoyed most of his movies.

So is this movie from Hong Kong or mainland?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the time to retire, it is quite harsh to see a man close to his 60 keeps working like an animal.

It is the time to retire, it is quite harsh to see a man close to his 60 keep working like an animal.

Haha! He's a legend, not allowed to retire :P

Anyway, I don't see this movie playing in any cinema's here, I guess the worldwide release isn't this week.

Haha! He's a legend, not allowed to retire :P

Anyway, I don't see this movie playing in any cinema's here, I guess the worldwide release isn't this week.

Well, you can't expect a 60 years old man keep playing Fung Ku like he was in his 20-30s.

Well, you can't expect a 60 years old man keep playing Fung Ku like he was in his 20-30s.

He still has the capacity to perform in other roles, maybe not so much the Kung Fu ones.

But hey, can u ever forget his performance in Drunken master as "Wong Fei Hung", or all his Police story movies :lol: This guy is a legend at whatever age.

He is one of my favorite actors!! I remember watching his movies when I was a kid and in teenage years. I remember once I brought his film "drunken master" on rent many years ago and was simply blown away with all fight and choreography. Then a couple of years back when I was switching channels on TV I happen to catch this movie on HBO or some other channel and boy o boy did I scream like a little girl haha. Brought back those good old memories.
I was so happy to see that movie again. I have heard that not only he is a great actor but a great guy too.

It is the time to retire, it is quite harsh to see a man close to his 60 keeps working like an animal.

it's a bit harsh statement, i mean he is a fine actor and i really like his facial expressions :P

The way he mix up the kung fu and the comedy is great :agree:

Back
Top Bottom