What's new

17 senior Pakistani and Afghan Taliban leaders killed

Sher Malang

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
At least 17 prominent Taliban leaders, including the Taliban shadow governor, and some Pakistani Taliban commanders were killed in an airstrike in eastern Kunar province of Afghanistan on Monday, Afghan intelligence claimed on Tuesday.

The National Directorate of Security (NDS) said that a gathering of senior Pakistani and Afghan Taliban leaders was targeted in an airstrike on Monday evening. It said the meeting was organised by the Taliban shadow governor for Kunar in Shegal district.

The NDS released the following information regarding Taliban casualties in the Kunar airstrike: Noor Qasim Sabari, shadow governor of Taliban in Kunar; Qari Osman, Taliban’s shadow district chief for Shegal; Qari Zubair, senior Talban leader; Qari Latif, senior Taliban leader; Qari Tari, senior Taliban leader; Mullah Bashir Gajar, Taliban leader responsible for major roadside bombings; Qari Nasir Gajar, Taliban suicide attack coordinator; Qari Sherin, Taliban leader responsible for assassinating tribal elders.

According to the NDS, several Pakistani Taliban militants were also killed during the airstrike and their dead bodies could be seen among those killed. However, the NDS said the exact number of those killed could not be confirmed so far.

17 senior Pakistani and Afghan Taliban leaders killed | Pakistan Today

i feel very happy when i hear that someone has shooted these named mujahideen's or qari's because they are black dot on ISLAM they should be destroyed...

Okay still It seems from news that NDS played key role especially in intellegence gathering.
US mainly uses satellite based intel, I don't know to what extent NDS would have been involved. In any case, its good for both countries.

Back
Top Bottom