What's new

17 brands of bottled water unsafe: PCRWR

usman7881

New Recruit

Reaction score
Pakistan Council of Research in Water Resources (PCRWR) in its first quarterly bottled water quality monitoring report for the current fiscal year 2022-23 issued here on Wednesday declared 17 brands as unsafe for human consumption due to microbial, chemical or both types of contamination.

For the quarter of the year 2022 (July to September), 165 samples of mineral/bottled water brands were collected from 20 cities. A comparison of test results with the bottled water quality standards of the Pakistan Standards & Quality Control Authority (PSQCA) has revealed that 17 brands were unsafe for human consumption.

Nine brands were found to be unsafe due to the presence of higher levels of sodium. Two brands were found unsafe due to the presence of high level of Potassium than the permissible limit, while, seven brands were found microbiologically contaminated and thus were unsafe for drinking purpose. The general public is encouraged to look at the detailed report to know about the status of the water quality of bottled water brands they consume.

The detailed report is available on the PCRWR website www.pcrwr.gov.pk. The government has designated the task to PCRWR for quarterly monitoring of bottled/mineral water brands and publicize the results for awareness of public health.

thenews.com

There is Water in Pakistan that is safe ? :o: Oh yes, DHA mai milta ho ga :(

You could have pasted the direct link so we could easily read. That links landed on the home page where I tried to look for a good 2 minutes and couldn't.

There is Water in Pakistan that is safe ? :o: Oh yes, DHA mai milta ho ga :(
People either spend a huge amount of money buying water 19L bottles from their favorite bakery stores in Lahore; or use their nearest filtration plant to give them peace of mind. No word on if said sources are ok to drink from.

I just use a RO filter at home with the expendables replaced every 3rd week and boil 19L everyday for good measure.

DHA Karachi has no water supply line.

Its tankers only baby.

Imagine the most sought after land in Karachi and there is no water pipeline and yet the land prices dwarf some of the first world countries.

People either spend a huge amount of money buying water 19L bottles from their favorite bakery stores in Lahore; or use their nearest filtration plant to give them peace of mind. No word on if said sources are ok to drink from.

I just use a RO filter at home with the expendables replaced every 3rd week and boil 19L everyday for good measure.
When I was moving to USA, I was so used to with drinking Pakistani weird water I thought when I drink clean Water in America i will get sick lol

We had an idea to introduce a community service at our colony level but no one supported us but that idea turned to be a good business idea indeed. We requested funds from all community members to install a mineral water plant of 1 ton per hour production which could have provided water to the whole area in surroundings but no one gave even a single rupee. Initial estimation was of half a million but when it turned into a business idea, we collected 3 million from our own resources and now whole society is buying 19L bottles @40 PKR per refill. It helped us to create 3-4 jobs as well. We are taking back our investment gradually and in 5-7 years all the investment will be recovered but the plant will still give mineral water to the residents.

When I was moving to USA, I was so used to with drinking Pakistani weird water I thought when I drink clean Water in America i will get sick lol
Depends, when I move from from Islamabad to down south Texas, water here tasted like chemical compared to fresh water in ISB. Water in NY area is much better.

Back
Top Bottom