What's new

1653 Oliver Cromwell Speech to Dissolve Parliament (A True Description of Pakistani politicians)

Reddington

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Oliver Cromwell: 'In the name of God, go!' speech dismissing Rump Parliament - 1653

20 April 1653, London, England

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place,

which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

Ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government.

Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do.

I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

https://speakola.com/political/oliver-cromwell-speech-dismissing-rump-parliament-1653
@zulu @Mangus Ortus Novem

Oliver Cromwell: 'In the name of God, go!' speech dismissing Rump Parliament - 1653

which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice.

Ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess?

Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed, are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this Augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House; and which by God's help, and the strength he has given me, I am now come to do.

I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place.

Go, get you out! Make haste! Ye venal slaves be gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

https://speakola.com/political/oliver-cromwell-speech-dismissing-rump-parliament-1653
Yeh. Do you even know what that led to? By the time the tyranny imposed by Cromwell came to a end people were praying "never again". And there never was ever again.

You need to read up on British history. That is why despite how bad things got the military never took over again.

If u don't put the heading honestly hard to believe he was talking to English parliament not the Pakistani parliament in this era
""Ye have no more religion than my horse. Gold is your God. Which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defiled this sacred place, and turned the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices?"""

In the name of God, go!

Thank you!

A better, more elgant, more exact description of the #CriminalEnterprise which occupies Pak.. in the name of dimmmocracy, in the name of religion, in the name of race, in the name of language.... is not available.

Banish them all, I say. But before discarding these burden on fair Earth... do recover the flesh of the Pak People and State... the hordes of their plunder.... stashed away in the Lands of Human Rights.

It gives me hope to see that there are Paks... inside and out... of the Ancient Land... who love, are true.

The current 'system' is dead weight... holding the State and People back. Its failures will keep on growing, becoming unbearable for Paks.... it needs to go.

#SayYestoJinnahModel

You keep up the good work! I shall post in a in couple of days the Economic Solutions Framework of our little thread. Will tag you and @zulu and others...

Bless you!

Mangus

Yeh. Do you even know what that led to? By the time the tyranny imposed by Cromwell came to a end people were praying "never again". And there never was ever again.

You need to read up on British history. That is why despite how bad things got the military never took over again.

The rule Cromwell established was dictatorial and no different from the monarchic system he sought to overthrow. After his death, his son took over, which was a dynastic act. Many people throughout history have made great speeches only to prove themselves hypocrites. Julius Caeser is deemed a hero of ordinary people & his speeches are admired. In reality, his heroics were extended to those who were Roman citizens. Non-Romans were still treated third class citizens and as slaves.

There is nothing wrong with one man ruling a country. Ruling like that does not automatically make someone evil or corrupt.

the good news is that Pakistan is only 300 years away from become UK like democracy

the good news is that Pakistan is only 300 years away from become UK like democracy

Na man. First we have to colonise a subcontinent somewhere and maybe continue colonising until we control 25% of the Earth's land in total, loot those places for about 200 years and then and only then we can claim our success is from democracy.

Na man. First we have to colonise a subcontinent somewhere and maybe continue colonising until we control 25% of the Earth's land in total, loot those places for about 200 years and then and only then we can claim our success is from democracy.

you have 200 years to do that, start from your east and establish Gow-mutter company

Pakistan and England are two totally different countries with totally different people and societies, Pakistan doesn't need to learn anything from England and vice versa.

First we have to colonise
Try it. And if you can that itself will be proof of your success. Nobody handed the colonies. Nobody threw themselves to be colonised. And there were other contenders to fight. It was dog eat dog until only one dog was left.

Back
Top Bottom