What's new

14 security personnel martyred in NWA attack.

Its an intent issue. Senior folks in Pakistani army are still living the pipe dream of being able to use these terrorists against India after 2014 (when they think USA will leave the region)

plus another obvious but unspoken fact is that, punjabis in Pakistan army are always very afraid of pashtuns.

Ya, it seems that trust of pro-pakistani factions of talibans is lifting from pak military. These talibans commit terrorism but they dont "back stab" you while ISI/military do not have history of keeping promises, words and fair dealings.

Pakistan has to choose a path whether it wants to fight with the Taliban along with the Americans or talk with the Taliban for a stable Afghanistan and Pakistan. Playing both the side of the fence will affect Pakistan more than America. Americans are going to leave at 2014. It is not clear whether even 5000-10000 troops will be in Afghanistan to guard drone bases or the Americans are going to establish those bases in some Central Asian Countries and Uzbekistan. Pakistan needs to have a clear strategy against Taliban.

plus another obvious unspoken fact is that, punjabis in Pakistan army are always very afraid of pashtuns.

You got any credible proof of backing up your claim?

Kindly do not spout out non-sense if you don't know jack.

You got any credible proof of backing up your claim?

Kindly do not spout out non-sense if you don't know jack.

no need to argue on that point. it is one of those things that are too obvious and everyone knows in their hearts but no one will speak openly.
but can you explain why Pakistan's tribal regions were never brought into mainstream in six decades? is it because Pakistan is very liberal democracy and believes in federal structure, so much so that one region is left totally on its own, or is it because those people are considered savages incapable of civilized existence or is it because Pakistani establishment is simply scared to wield direct authority and start development in the region.

no need to argue on that point. it is one of those things that are too obvious and everyone knows in their hearts but no one will speak openly.

There is a need to argue this point based on facts, otherwise you concede that you fired a shot in the air and are backing of from a fact based argument, just like IA that rejected a neutral investigation.

but can you explain why Pakistan's tribal regions were never brought into mainstream in six decades? is it because Pakistan is very liberal democracy and believes in federal structure, so much so that one region is left totally on its own, or is it because those people are considered savages incapable of civilized existence or is it because Pakistani establishment is simply scared to wield direct authority and start development in the region.

This is a political decision, and the causes for not getting FATA and PATA into mainstream is because of political reasons and not because Punjabis in PA are afraid of Pukhtoons. And this has no relevance to what I asked. Diverting the topic much....??

You still did not answer my question that why Punjabis in PA are afraid of Pukhtoons? Why would they be? Pukhtoons are Pakistanis, some of the most loving and honorable people in the region who uphold values, and why would they be attacking Punjabi people in PA. How did you reach to this flawed conclusion?

plus another obvious but unspoken fact is that, punjabis in Pakistan army are always very afraid of pashtuns.

Belonging to a society where Brahmins preying on Dalits is a sport, one can't expect you to be any more enlightened. !!

There is a need to argue this point based on facts, otherwise you concede that you fired a shot in the air and are backing of from a fact based argument, just like IA that rejected a neutral investigation.

This is a political decision, and the causes for not getting FATA and PATA into mainstream is because of political reasons and not because Punjabis in PA are afraid of Pukhtoons. And this has no relevance to what I asked. Diverting the topic much....??

You still did not answer my question that why Punjabis in PA are afraid of Pukhtoons? Why would they be? Pukhtoons are Pakistanis, some of the most loving and honorable people in the region who uphold values, and why would they be attacking Punjabi people in PA. How did you reach to this flawed conclusion?

What political reasons? it is just an excuse. And this is totally relevant here. It is a strategically extremely important area for Pakistan, with Afghanistan's claims ; the only reason I find convincing for not trying to wield any state authority in such important region is that the establishment does not have guts to do that. And when we say Pakistani establishment, the buck stops at Army. I am not saying Pashtuns in Pakistan army are not loyal to Pakistan. But the same cannot be said about all tribals in frontier region. I have seen fights between Pakhtuns and Punjabis on unmoderated forums over Loy Afghanistan. Even for armed forces there have been many instances of the security personnel refusing to fight tribals and surrendering with arms and ammunitions, sometimes ending beheaded.
And did we forget history? When Pashtuns and Punjabis fight on internet forum, Pashtuns -usually Afghan and sometimes Pakistani, never forget to remind that it is them who ruled Punjabis and made them Muslims, which is not far from truth if we forget about Hindus/Sikhs/British who fought Pashtuns.

What political reasons? it is just an excuse. And this is totally relevant here. It is a strategically extremely important area for Pakistan, with Afghanistan's claims ; the only reason I find convincing for not trying to wield any state authority in such important region is that the establishment does not have guts to do that. And when we say Pakistani establishment, the buck stops at Army. I am not saying Pashtuns in Pakistan army are not loyal to Pakistan. But the same cannot be said about all tribals frontier region. I have seen fights between Pakhtuns and Punjabis on unmoderated forums over Loy Afghanistan.

This is all political. You have any proof in the form of any article or something for this?

And it isn't as if the state is totally vanished from there. Reserved seats are given, political admins are placed, they can vote and do anything they like just like a normal Pakistani.

It is a strategic location and we are fighting for the strategic location against terrorists. So? Afghanistan's claims, well all I can say is 'aik kaan say suno, dusray say bahir'. They have no proper government can't govern their own country and are talking about taking half of KPK.

There is state authority there, just that it is not exercised by PM or legislature but by the Governor of the province through political administrators. There laws might be different, but they are Pakistani parts.

As for the fighting over forum issues, you see Urdu speaking and other people fighting over here sometimes, doesn't mean that they are afraid of eachother or anything.

As I say totally irrelevant. For argument's sake, even if the army is opposing the integration of FATA, how does it mean that Punjabis in PA are afraid of Pukhtoons?

Even for armed forces there have been many instances of the security personnel refusing to fight tribals and surrendering with arms and ammunitions, sometimes ending beheaded.

That was a a few years back. They were mostly FC (Frontier Constabulary) personnel who are recruited from those areas. They saw their own neighbors sometimes fighting and tried having some mercy, but the TTP showed none. It was also a case of getting overpowered.

The issue has been solved now, and nobody surrenders because of their Punjabi CO being afraid of a Pukhtoon TTP.

Jinnah And Tribal Elders had an agreement in 47/48 that these tribal lands will no be merged with NWFP and they would remain independent and to this day agreement holds. It's even written on wikipedia page of FATA. People just dont get bother to read little bit of history on FATA before spewing BS

This is no value of a soldier's life in India and Pakistan. I remember a week ago when 7 CRPF policemen were killed by Maoists. Yeah , they were given a state funeral. The Media went on about it for a day , and then became more concerned with Sunny Leone's new bollywood movie. I think they have been going on about that for almost a week now. Last year , one similar incident happened , but I think it was overshadowed by Katrina Kaif or cricket gossip , I don't remember exactly.

So basically , number of ****s given = 0

Time after time we get to witness lies and deceit from these terrorists. This attack comes right after the Pakistani Taliban said that they would cease their occasional attacks on the Pakistani army in North Waziristan. Incidents like these allow us to see who is working against our efforts to restore peace in the region. Those who still choose to side with conspiracy theories are only shifting the advantage in our enemies favor. We must support our forces who continue to sacrifice their lives for the sake of protecting our nations.

Our most heartfelt condolences go to the friends and families of the brave soldiers who were killed in this attack. We hope that their families and friends will find the strength to deal with this tragedy.

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Time after time we get to witness lies and deceit from these terrorists. This attack comes right after the Pakistani Taliban said that they would cease their occasional attacks on the Pakistani army in North Waziristan. Incidents like these allow us to see who is working against our efforts to restore peace in the region. Those who still choose to side with conspiracy theories are only shifting the advantage in our enemies favor. We must support our forces who continue to sacrifice their lives for the sake of protecting our nations.

Our most heartfelt condolences go to the friends and families of the brave soldiers who were killed in this attack. We hope that their families and friends will find the strength to deal with this tragedy.

Ali Khan
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Hypocrisy at its best...Stop supporting TTP and get the F out of this region...

Not a single attack occurred in North Waziristan on security forces until Kayani went to US and it was heard that a promise had been made that the army would go into the agency. After that God knows what came over the region. Before this every attack that did occur would usually occur on the outskirts of Peshawar, at Bannu, Tank or DIK and in various regions of FATA, usually south waziristan and often Orakzai or Kurram.

Some things in this war are indeed really strange. Particularly the killing of Nazir when he had increasingly begun to target the TTP in a drone strike. US seems to be doing everything to make things worse in Pakistan.

By the way this lying is very annoying. Out of 10000-20000 Muslims in the US army out of a force with 3 million there are 2 muslims in centcom who's only job is to basically post the same messages across every other place where Pakistanis exist. I saw the exact same message in Express tribune too. So these aren't genuine words from Ali Khan, if ali khan exists in any case.

^^ US making sure that Pakistan does not get a joyride once they scale down in 2014..Understandable given that Pakistan has ran with the hares and hunted with the hounds vis-a-vis Afghanistan.

And innocent bystanders and soldiers are pawns in this game b/n two nations.

Back
Top Bottom