What's new

14 militants killed in Bajaur clash

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR: At least 14 militants were killed on Saturday as security forces backed by gunship helicopters thwarted a cross border militant attack on a checkpost near the Pak-Afghan border in the Bajaur tribal region.

Military officials said that a large number of militants from across the border attacked a Pakistani post situated on Nao Top early in the morning.

Pakistani troops responding to the attack repulsed it.

Meanwhile, gunship helicopters were also sent as reinforcement.

During the gun battle and airstrikes, one soldier died and two were critically injured.

The government had recently closed all illegal entry points on the border with Afghanistan, Defence Secretary Lt-Gen (retd) Asif Yaseen Malik had said.

Today's action came a day after the Shura Mujahideen Waziristan group, led by Hafiz Gul Bahadur, in North Waziristan asked local residents to move to safe locations close to the Afghan border to avoid being caught in crossfire in the event of a military operation in the area.

A pamphlet issued by the group alleged that the government had practically revoked an agreement with them without making any announcement to the effect, by attacking ‘innocent people’ and destroying property.

“We continued to tolerate this repression but now it has exceeded limits,” the pamphlet had alleged.

The pamphlet was distributed after the group met in the wake of air strikes and ground search in Machis Camp near Miramshah bazaar and Mirali during which, according to the government, over 70 militants were killed.

Residents claim that more than 100 people have been killed, many of them civilians.

R.I.P To the brave warrior, speedy recovery to others.

Bajaur clash kills one soldier, 14 militants - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Taliban Attack Pakistani Army Posts, Kill Soldier - ABC News

17 dead after Taliban ambush on Pakistan border post - Channel NewsAsia

Great news. It seems with better intelligence now through drones etc the army knows their movements then hits them hard when they come in. These are terrible losses for the Taliban....

For the first time in a very long time the taliban are tasting defeat.
Buckle up, we haven't seen anything so sweet since Swat purge all those years ago.

all support for Pak Army on this noble cause... If time comes and Army needs my blood to eradicate the TTP from the face of Pakistan ... i shall be there!..

@Zarvan lut gaay barbaad ho gaay ye dekho fauji mujahidoon ko kuty ki maut mari ja rahy hain . is trah to jihad ka name leny wala koi nhi bachy ga bhai :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ahh its taliban hunting season. Kill each of them and send to hell. There is a special place reserved for these pigs over there. After a few years of inaction finally we are taking the war to them. Its time to kill each and every one of them.

Must say, the ISI has improved a lot over the years. They are the unsung heroes of Pakistan and have foiled many terrorist attacks. In my opinion, they need to wage a psychological war on these terrorists. Somehow, they should be shown some torture videos of their colleagues. I have heard from some that the captured terrorists in ISI cells literally beg the interrogators to kill them instead of torturing them. Torture is wrong, but these bastards deserve it.

all support for Pak Army on this noble cause... If time comes and Army needs my blood to eradicate the TTP from the face of Pakistan ... i shall be there!..

this is the time what are you waiting for

31 May 2014 Last updated at 15:04 GMT
Pakistani strike 'kills 16 militants' near Afghan border
Pakistani forces have reportedly killed at least 16 militants following a series of attacks on army checkpoints near the Afghan border.

The militants had killed one soldier and injured two others after crossing the border into the Bajaur tribal district, a military official said.

The Pakistani military responded by using helicopter gunships.

Pakistan has stepped up an offensive against Taliban militants after the recent collapse of a ceasefire.

At least 60 militants were killed in air strikes earlier this month in North Waziristan, near the Afghan border.

Afghan officials have complained that civilians on their side of the border have also been killed in the Pakistani strikes.

GOP should give incentive to public to shoot the scum Taliban and pay them Rs. 100 per talib head + the round cost, just like they do for pigs

Back
Top Bottom