What's new

13 things that are sure to make all Pakistanis nostalgic

Zahid ki nihari is missing.....

Waisy javed nihari is also very famous but havent ever tried tht..humaray ghar se bhtt door hai...zahid nihari is very near our house.tu wahan ki nihari tu ..we eat often.... So cant compare between the two... But zahid ki nihari is heaven on earth... Now am craving for zahid nihari right now, really bad...:( .although had it just few days ago..

Third picture in third post is javed nihari.

I suggest you to try it once, if you haven't yet. You will love it.

Third picture in third post is javed nihari.

I suggest you to try it once, if you haven't yet. You will love it.

I want to try Javed Nihari badly, but the problem is..ghar se itna door hai..ke ghar aatay aatay tu bilkol thandi hojayegu, and it wont taste well, garam kar ke bhi dobara... Plus it doesnt have any proper seating arrangement for families....sooo...thts the problem.....Still i want to try it one day somehow...

Have u tried Zahid Nihari?

off topic but it is highly recommended to avoid hotels and restaurants as in our great country majority of such places serve substandard and unhygienic food. donkey meat, dead meat, substandard oils, tea containing animal blood for strong color etc. pakistanis can go to any extent and their is no checking upon them. even if they get caught they are released by paying some amount to the police or food regulatory authorities.

Javed is better.. Actually Zahid's taste is also good, but the only thing I don't like is the oil he uses. It solidifies at room temperature.

Yes, esp in winters..it happens to zahid nihari.... Will definitely try javed nihari some day..

I am sooo craving for nihari right now..,

Javed Javed Javed !!!!

Muje yaqin nhi araha k apne Karachi me rehtey hue Javed ki nihari try nh ki......Unbelievable...

What are you waiting for?? Do give it a try with garma garam naan...It is just awesome...

yes... I have been wanting to try it for a long time... wahan seating arrangement bhi tu nahi proper, even like tht of zahid... suna hai bhtt ziada rush hota hai javed nihari par..... but ab soch rahi hun ke kuch karna hi paray ga...

yes... I have been wanting to try it for a long time... wahan seating arrangement bhi tu nahi proper, even like tht of zahid... suna hai bhtt ziada rush hota hai javed nihari par..... but ab soch rahi hun ke kuch karna hi paray ga...

There is a sitting place for families..

On the ground floor, it's only for gents.. On mezzanine, only for families.

Which block? I reside in Block 18....Just right behind Mazedar haleem...:)

In block 12, Gulberg.

I was a fast bowler in my team and we used to play cricket a lot in those days. After match on weekends, we used to go to Javed Nihari in 5-C lolz...

Imagine, 11 players and sometimes with the opposite team members as well, eating Nihari after so much physical activity.

I remember once I ate 4 naans and two single plates of nihari alone.. Didn't even share a tiny bite with anyone else...

Those were the days. Now I can barely finish it...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom