What's new

13 BEST INFANTRY OF ALL TIME[NO ORDER]

@AUSTERLITZ

Double Cheers for a job very well done, keep it up friend.

Have any of you heard of Soviet NKVD Sniperism? Sniperism refers to the NKVD's fraudulent repeated exaggeration, beyond human toleration, of Red Army sniper achievements. It was a propaganda campaign of the NKVD.

There is no doubt that propaganda played a key role for Soviet War Machinery as propaganda was deeply imbedded with the Bolsheviks. But that being aside, if one goes through history books, one cannot help but admire the average Soviet soldier. Despite the enormous losses they suffered, they were able to regroup, halt German advances and finally push them back. The Soviet soldier won this war with their blood, they were fighting battles of annihilation and eventually consumed the entire Wehrmacht.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the appreciation guys.If anyone has any particular historical infantry he wants to know about let me know here.

@AUSTERLITZ long time no new updates. Keep the good work going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent thread! I can't add anything since you've just summed it up superbly,congrats!
As a little joke to some of the posters here,the reason why most of the examples in this thread are european armies is because the continent of Europe is more suited for infantry as oppossed to Asia which favours open terrain and cavalry,not because of some racial superiority.Just thought in throwing this as a prevention,you'll never know when they'll come shouting "supremacists":hitwall::cuckoo:

Excellent thread! I can't add anything since you've just summed it up superbly,congrats!
As a little joke to some of the posters here,the reason why most of the examples in this thread are european armies is because the continent of Europe is more suited for infantry as oppossed to Asia which favours open terrain and cavalry,not because of some racial superiority.Just thought in throwing this as a prevention,you'll never know when they'll come shouting "supremacists":hitwall::cuckoo:

Yes ,what u say is absolutely true.Thats why my best cavalry thread has mostly asiatic entrys.http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-history-strategy/222689-top-12-cavalry-all-time-no-order.html
Thanks for liking the thread.:)

Eh, noone mentioned Gondor tower guards!

fountain-guard-1.jpg

Waffen SS, arguably one of the best infantry of all times wasted because of a mad man's super human ego... Allied air and Soviet artillery had a field day on them because of Hitler's no retreat order thus negating the German army's main strength = maneuver warfare. one of the greatest what-ifs, Hitler doesn't recall the Armee Gruppes from the Moscow front

Waffen SS, arguably one of the best infantry of all times wasted because of a mad man's super human ego... Allied air and Soviet artillery had a field day on them because of Hitler's no retreat order thus negating the German army's main strength = maneuver warfare. one of the greatest what-ifs, Hitler doesn't recall the Armee Gruppes from the Moscow front

A german general once said of the waffen ss -''no better soldier ever fought for a worse cause''.

gurkhas also need a recognition as one of the best infantry, damn bugger put the D in discipline, one of my friend's family has been serving in the British Gurkhas for 4 generations, his grandpa served in the Malayan Campaign, the old man once told a story narrated to him by a senior who served in WWII, when told to bury dead Germans after a bitter fight, the gurkhas bewildered but obliged the CO's order n dug a pit. while dumping the bodies one German woke up and asked for mercy or something, since no one spoke German they decided they had to follow the orders to the letter, one of them jumps into the pit with a khukri and the order to bury the Germans is completed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom