What's new

10 low intensity explosions at railway tracks across Sindh

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
10 low-intensity explosions at railway tracks across Sindh – The Express Tribune

KARACHI/SUKKUR/HYDERABAD: Just as railway officials were starting to celebrate greater business, thanks to PIA protests, at least 10 low-intensity explosions echoed across the province on Friday, damaging railway tracks and suspending the service for hours. By noon, however, rail traffic between Sindh and Punjab was back on track.

Following the route of the trains, the explosions started from Karachi and ended at Setharja in Sukkur.

At least three people were hurt in the two blasts at the tracks near Baloch Colony, Karachi, which took place, one after the other, at around 5:55 am.

“A single group is behind this series of blasts from Karachi to Nawabshah,” said CID Sindh (Investigations) SP Mazhar Mashwani. A Sindhi terrorist organisation might be responsible since it has carried out similar attacks in the past, he added.

The injured men, Sarwar, 20, Bunyad, 35, and Ghulamuddin, 33, were taken to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre.

The explosions damaged around a foot-and-a-half portion of the tracks, said Jamshed Town SP Amir Farooqi. “Service was restored 30 minutes later.”

Each bomb contained half a kilogram of explosives, said a bomb disposal squad (BDS) official. “The locally-made bombs were exploded with a manual safety fuse similar to the burning substance used in the bomb blasts at the two police stations in Karachi,” he said.

Some residents claimed that they had seen people planting the bombs. “I saw two people near the tracks just before the explosions,” said Mukhtar Ahmed, quickly adding that he had no idea that the suspects had been planting a bomb.

The residents also demanded better security around the tracks. Officials from the Crime Investigation Department, the Special Investigation Unit and the Federal Investigation Agency also inspected the blast site. SP Mashwani said the attacks appeared to aim at creating panic rather than damaging trains. Investigators have started questioning witnesses. They have also registered an FIR against unidentified persons on the complaint of railway inspector Shiraz Ahmed.

Pakistan Railway police, Sindh, has found leaflets of the militant organisation, Sindhu Desh, from the blast sites. SP Railway Muzaffar Sheikh told The Express Tribune that a security contingency plan has already been made to protect the railway tracks with the assistance of the Sindh police. Around-the-clock patrolling has also begun and it would work in three shifts. “Around 70 pickets are also being set up from Karachi to Tando Adam.”

Hyderabad

Early in the morning, two bombs exploded at the Hussainabad Guddu railway tracks near Bengali Colony. Windows of nearby houses exploded while people woke up and came out of their homes in panic. Soon after, two bombs exploded at the tracks of a small railway station, Nawaz Daheri, eight kilometres from Nawabshah.

Damage to the tracks stopped the service between Sindh and Punjab. The Zakaria Express, Allama Iqbal Express and Karakoram Express were stopped at the Nawabshah station while the Khyber Mail and Millat Express were halted at the Hyderabad station. Two hours later, the trains resumed their itineraries. The Hussinabad police supervising officer Anwar Durrani said that a “nationalist” party had claimed responsibility for the attacks.

The Hyderabad BDS incharge said the locally-made bombs used around two to two-and-a-half pounds of explosives. The explosions damaged around two feet of tracks while a foot-long piece flew and damaged a nearby house’s roof.

Sukkur

Around 6:30 am, two bombs exploded at the tracks near Mehrabpur. However, the explosions barely managed any damage and after minor repairs, service between Rohri and Karachi resumed.

The Sukkur bomb disposal squad (BDS) had barely cleared the Mehrabpur tracks when two bombs exploded near Mohammadpur around 10:45 am and trains had to screech to a halt once again. This time too, there were no damages and clearance was given swiftly.

BDS Sukkur Inspector Tahir Malik said that two bombs were planted at the tracks at mile 398/13 between Mehrabpur and Setharja railway stations. Both the bombs were locally made and weighed a kilogram each. They were detonated by a remote control. Similar bombs were used in the attack at Ghotki, which occurred near Jari Wah.

According to informed sources, pamphlets of the Sindhu Liberation Army were found near the explosion sites. Ghotki SP Investigations Yar Mohammad Rind, however, denied finding any pamphlets and added that no arrests have been made yet.

Pakistan Railways Divisional Superintendent, Sukkur division, Roshan Ali Mangi said it was lucky the bombs did not damage the tracks otherwise repairs would have taken a lot of time – and money. He said that the railway police are responsible for the security of the tracks in the areas around every railway station while the district police is supposed to monitor the tracks between two railway stations

Ghataya enemy is trying start terrorism in Sindh province of Pakistan again . hmmmmm pathetic idiots

Twin blasts damage railway tracks in Karachi – The Express Tribune

LAHORE: Twin blasts damaged railway tracks passing through Shah Latif Town in Karachi on Thursday.

The tracks were later repaired and the service resumed. The Pakistan Express and Super Express trains were due to pass through the area and were not damaged by the blast.

Deputy Inspector General (DIG) East said 500 grams of explosive material had been used in the blasts.

The past week has seen railway tracks in Sindh targeted in explosions that disrupted services and produced panic. On Tuesday, two explosions took place near Hyderabad’s Udero Lal railway station. On Saturday, a blast on railway tracks near Kotri suspended rail services for a few hours. On Friday, 10 low-intensity explosions caused havoc at railway tracks across Sindh, from Setharja in Sukkur to Sindh.

There have been 16 explosions in one and a half months.

RAW terrorists are not like Talibaan (suicide bombers) and are always afraid of dying, I suspect Indian terror agents are doing this terrorism in Pakistan because these are hit and run type events.

RAW terrorists are not like Talibaan (suicide bombers) and are always afraid of dying, I suspect Indian terror agents are doing this terrorism in Pakistan because these are hit and run type events.

Possible, some sort of intellectual thinking. I could compare this act with IM of India, but only problem for me to understand is that since no proof for earlier has been submitted, that confirms automatically that hardly RAW agents are indulge in such activity. RAW agents must be busy in buying or watching Scientist, Army or Politics.

Taliban are brave terrorists..becoz they blow themselves and RAW terrorists are cowards..becoz they dont blow themselves...
wah!! u must be proud of shaheed -e- taliban

1. :rofl: :rofl: Yeah yeah... CIA-Mosad-RAW and aliens, plz grow up no need to bring conspiracy theories.

Ultimately they will harm u as you will not look for real causes and concentrate on something that never existed.

2. Weak + anti India + pro pakistan Manmohan singh will not allow any thing against pakistan at any cost, so dude don't worry.

3. Is so called Sindhu Liberation Army have claimed these blasts??

Implies that our kind, fluffy neighbour's focus is shifting from northern to western Pakistan. Why now, are the losing in FATA or new plans are afoot as a prelude to something big?

It is fortunate SD-related parties have begun this now not before 2008 or it might have had escalated into a nightmare for several kinds of residents in the province. Who however, is providing the manpower, I thought JSQM was all but dead and Mr. Magsi's STPP and MQM had come round from in their SOPs to more political ones. Smaller groups have links to the BLA and purportedly to their backers, and since P. Musharraf's time coming out of their dormancy. But nothing had happened, and I wasn't expecting anything to happen right now.

Troubling development if any can be.

What's your take Jana?

Can you stop bringing India into every negative Pakistan thread when they was no mention of RAW in the article.

Seems like your brain-washed which is worrying.

Ghataya enemy is trying start terrorism in Sindh province of Pakistan again . hmmmmm pathetic idiots

Well the ghatiya enemy did it before and failed so now being a citizen of biggest city of Sindh province I can assure you that the fate of any terrorist organization wouldn't be different than before. No chance for them in Sindh. ;)

:pakistan:

^Reasons or analysis sir?

No chance for them both in rural or urban Sindh. Things have changed a lot. Most Sindhi nationalists now want to struggle for the rights of Sindh inside the framework of Pakistan. The nationalist politics has lost popularity also. A candidate from a Sindhi nationalist party can't even win Nazim elections in front of federal political parties like PPP even in rural Sindh. As far as Urban Sindh is concerned they simply don't have any kind of support from Urdu Speaking population of Urban Sindh who from the biggest ethnic group in urban Sindh. Since I live in Karachi I know they aren't going to get any support for any "freedom" movement here in Karachi.

Lmaoooooo no one in Sindh wants Sindhudesh. The current President is Partly Sindhi. Even in Rural Sindh hardly anyone is dreaming for Sindhudesh and in Urban Sindh like Hyderabad, Karachi, Sukkur I doubt anyone has even heard about Sindhu Desh.

But this enemy will fail badly now. This isn't 1971 where your own people turned out to be traitors.

What can I say? The poor hindu raw agents dont have the assurance of jannat with virgins after death however honorable it is.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom