What's new

10 lakh Bangladeshis get Indian visas in 8 months last year

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

10 lakh Bangladeshis get Indian visas in 8 months last year​

Visa applications had increased further at the last end of 2022, an Indian visa centre official says​

Photo: UNB

With the easing of restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic on the use of land ports, including for tourist visas at the end-March last year, travel volumes to India from Bangladesh have started increasing to pre-pandemic levels.

Over 10 lakh Bangladeshis received Indian visas, including 2.73 lakh medical visas, in eight months last year (from January to November) for travelling to the neighbouring country, according to the data provided by the Indian High Commission, Dhaka.

Prior to the Covid-19 pandemic in 2019, India had issued over 16 lakh visas to Bangladeshi nationals, the largest number of Indian visa issuance. In 2021, the neighbouring country issued over 2.3 lakh visas, including 1.96 lakh medical visas, for Bangladesh nationals despite the lockdown, it added.

Kingshuk Mitra, deputy chief operating officer of the Indian Visa Application Centre (Dhaka), told TBS that applications for Indian visas had increased further at the end of 2022. Indian visa services in Bangladesh are the largest visa operations network in the world.

With 15 Indian visa centres spread across Bangladesh viz. at Dhaka (at Jamuna Future Park), Chattogram, Rajshahi, Sylhet, Khulna, Jashore, Satkhira, Mymensingh, Barishal, Rangpur, Thakurgaon, Bogura, Noakhali, Cumilla, and Brahmanbaria.

Visas to all Bangladeshi nationals are issued free of cost. However, a processing fee of Tk800 per application is charged by Indian Visa Application Centres (IVACs) to facilitate the submission of visa applications, he added.

No other country has such a diverse means of visa-based travel to India. Bangladesh nationals travel to India by crossing land borders on foot and by bus, by inland waterways, by sea, by rail, and by air.

10 lakh Bangladeshis get Indian visas in 8 months last year​

Visa applications had increased further at the last end of 2022, an Indian visa centre official says​

The Indian govt should stop issuing visas to our rich and middle-class people in such large numbers. Many may choose to stay back in India and take away Rickshawala and Coolie jobs from many Poor Indians.

This is what Indians in the PDF claim about. I have read posts where Indians were claiming all these BD people work as sweepers and servants in their houses.

Indians pretend regularly as if India is another Europe but many of its own citizens come to Dhaka to get employment mostly in the textile sector.

@jamahir

The Indian govt should stop issuing visas to our rich and middle-class people in such large numbers. Many may choose to stay back in India and take away Rickshawala and Coolie jobs from many Poor Indians.

This is what Indians in the PDF claim about. I have read posts where Indians were claiming all these BD people work as sweepers and servants in their houses.

Indians pretend regularly as if India is another Europe but many of its own citizens come to Dhaka to get employment mostly in the textile sector.

@jamahir

India the land of milk and honey.... :p:

Taka newar belai thik-e ready aasey, magar "termite" ar "kangladeshi" boila gali ditey badhey na dada-der.

Nemak-harami ar ki.

Last edited:

You must enquire with yourself if that is what Indians are saying or it is your own feudalist and classist thinking in the footsteps of your @Bilal9 bhai, he of the poison speeches against the "Kamjaats" and "Chottologs".

@jamahir

I agree that Indian nationalists are the worstest of worst scum in human history and I agree that many Indians go the Bangladesh for employment. In fact I see Bangladesh as a refuge for progressive indians especially progressive Indian Muslims should the genocides start here. BD is the sanest society in South Asia unless the NATO regime change happens and BNP and Jamaatis takeoever.

Like I have told you I am in the process of starting a company in my Indian city at this point. The best computing company in the world. And I have already told Bilal months ago that, given political situation in India and Bangladesh, I will open an office in BD, perhaps in Dhaka or the Bangabandhu Hi-Tech City in Kaliakair in a year or so after the company here is established for a year. I had asked Bilal for providing me contacts but all I got was betrayal. And now he is betraying Bangladesh by siding with the NATO regime change operation.

You must enquire with yourself if that is what Indians are saying or it is your own feudalist and classist thinking in the footsteps of your @Bilal9 bhai, he of the poison speeches against the "Kamjaats" and "Chottologs".

I agree that Indian nationalists are the worstest of worst scum in human history and I agree that many Indians go the Bangladesh for employment. In fact I see Bangladesh as a refuge for progressive indians especially progressive Indian Muslims should the genocides start here. BD is the sanest society in South Asia unless the NATO regime change happens and BNP and Jamaatis takeoever.

Like I have told you I am in the process of starting a company in my Indian city at this point. The best computing company in the world. And I have already told Bilal months ago that, given political situation in India and Bangladesh, I will open an office in BD, perhaps in Dhaka or the Bangabandhu Hi-Tech City in Kaliakair in a year or so after the company here is established for a year. I had asked Bilal for providing me contacts but all I got was betrayal. And now he is betraying Bangladesh by siding with the NATO regime change operation.
@Bilal9 has connections at the high level. He has the means to provide you information on the matter of building an IT company in BD.

BD people would like Muslims from India but also like Hindus from West Bengal especially the descendants of those who left BD in 1947 or 1971. They are victims of communalism.

@Bilal9 has connections at the high level. He has the means to provide you information on the matter of building an IT company in BD.

Then double the amount of needless or misplaced antagonism of his against me and misguided support for NATO by him. :)

My company will be the best computing company in the world and this is a matter of fact and not the typical Indian nationalist boast. The first commercial product will be a radical wearable computer within which will run a processor and OS of my design primarily but participation by others. By not collaborating with me Bilal is going against the socio-economic development of his country :) much like this senior academic and businessman told the idiotic anchor Arnab Goswami of the Indian Godi Media channel Republic TV when Arnab was being enthusiastic in supporting Zelensky early last year :

BD people would like Muslims from India but also like Hindus from West Bengal especially the descendants of those who left BD in 1947 or 1971. They are victims of communalism.

Yes, every rational, gentle and innocent Indian is a victim of communalism and irrationality and must be welcomed in BD. This will be to BD's supreme benefit and enrich BD. Thank you for the welcome. :)

Lining up in that long inhumanely imposed queues of CMC, Vellore.
You should be ashamed of taking credit of a Hospital which was founded by Western Christian missionaries and whose costs are still born by them, many doctors from America and Europe volunteer there without salary thus giving quality medical care at cheap costs. What's to brag about this hospital as Indians like you if Bangladeshi patients go there to get top class medical care with affordable costs? If Western Missionaries decided to build that hospital in Bangladesh instead of India then Indian patients would be coming to Bangladesh rather than the opposite. India got many such foreign build institutes simply because of it's distinct reputation of the country with largest poor population in the world. Nothing to brag about. Build a good enough hospital like CMC with Indian money and expertise where Bangladeshi patients take long queues and then brag.

Last edited:
You should be ashamed of taking credit of a Hospital which was founded by Western Christian missionaries and whose costs are still born by them, many doctors from America and Europe volunteer there without salary thus giving quality medical care at cheap costs. What's to brag about this hospital as Indians like you if Bangladeshi patients go there to get top class medical care with affordable costs? If Western Missionaries decided to build that hospital in Bangladesh instead of India then Indian patients would be coming to Bangladesh rather than the opposite. India got many such foreign build institutes simply because of it's distict reputation of a country with largest poor population in the world. Nothing to brag about. Build a good enough hospital like CMC with Indian money and expertise where Bangladeshi patients take long queues and then brag.
1. Almost all doctors in CMC Vellore have studied in India (Note the word Almost all, India only allows doctors from UK, US and Aus to practice without passing an internal exam. No question of European doctor)
2. Its build in India
3. About 1/2th of the institutes cost is born by Indian and State Govt. .
4. Rest 1/2 is born by nationals, trust and corporates in India. ( At present no organization in India is allowed to get funding directly from aboard)
5. Christian Missionary Hospital, Brahmanbaria was founded same year as the hospital in Vellore. Why it didn't excelled to the level. You many more in BD

Majority of your medical tourists visit places other than Vellore. Almost all of them visit to private and in some cases govt hospital as well.

1. Almost all doctors in CMC Vellore have studied in India (Note the word Almost all, India only allows doctors from UK, US and Aus to practice without passing an internal exam. No question of European doctor)
2. Its build in India
3. About 1/2th of the institutes cost is born by Indian and State Govt. .
4. Rest 1/2 is born by nationals, trust and corporates in India. ( At present no organization in India is allowed to get funding directly from aboard)
5. Christian Missionary Hospital, Brahmanbaria was founded same year as the hospital in Vellore. Why it didn't excelled to the level. You many more in BD

Majority of your medical tourists visit places other than Vellore. Almost all of them visit to private and in some cases govt hospital as well.
Befitting reply to this idiot buddy. Appreciated 👍

Build a good enough hospital like CMC with Indian money and expertise where Bangladeshi patients take long queues and then brag.
Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited is an Indian multinational healthcare group headquartered in Chennai. Along with the eponymous hospital chain, the company also operates pharmacies, primary care and diagnostic centres, telehealth clinics, and digital healthcare services among others through its subsidiaries

The company was founded by Prathap C. Reddy in 1983 as the first corporate healthcare provider in India. Several of Apollo's hospitals have been among the first in India to receive international healthcare accreditation by the America-based Joint Commission International (JCI) as well as NABH accreditation

Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences (NICS) is a Joint Commission International and NABH[1]-accredited hospital in Bommasandra, Bangalore, India, operated by the Narayana Health group. The hospital was commissioned in 2000 as part of NH Health City, by Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty, the Chairman and Founder of Narayana Health, who has performed nearly 15,000 heart surgeries, as a centre to focus on complex cardiac surgery and heart transplantation. Narayana Health has its presence across major Indian cities Bangalore, Delhi, Gurugram, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Raipur, Jaipur, Mumbai, Mysore etc. with an international subsidiary in the Cayman Islands. The facilities offer medical care in over 30 medical specialities and three of its hospitals – Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bangalore, and Health City Cayman Islands – are JCI (Joint Commission International) accredited

India got many such foreign build institutes simply because of it's distict reputation of a country with largest poor population in the world.
UNDP: In a "historical change" for India, 415 million people exited multidimensional poverty in the country in 15 years between 2005-06 and 2019-21

Bet most of them are medical tourist

No.

UNDP: In a "historical change" for India, 415 million people exited multidimensional poverty in the country in 15 years between 2005-06 and 2019-21

Stop copy-pasting Godi Media items. UNDP relies on Godi Media and the latter relies on funny cigarettes....

Back
Top Bottom