What's new

1.76 Lac Crore for 2G, but only 1.5 Lac Crore for 5G auction?

If we get 5g around the same rates as we get 4g today then it's fine. Unlimited calls,and 1.5gb high speed data daily for 28 days at around 200 Indian rupees.
I remember when we were using 3g it was no free calls and around 200 Rs for just 1gb data for a month.

Then we should have raised more money out of this auction.
I don't think telecom companies are ready to deploy 5G in rural areas. They are specifically targeting Cities and towns only. The floor price for whole auction was something like 4L crore but only Jio and Airtel bought the minimum spectrum in all states to deploy 5g in all Cities and towns. They might bid again in 2 years time after they recieve feedback from the deployment.

If we get 5g around the same rates as we get 4g today then it's fine. Unlimited calls,and 1.5gb high speed data daily for 28 days at around 200 Indian rupees.
I remember when we were using 3g it was no free calls and around 200 Rs for just 1gb data for a month.
5G will be cheaper than 4g because 1.5gb will be used up in an hour Max. 5G plans may start with 5gb per day.

Last edited:
5G is not that revolutionary, I’m using here in tokyo and it’s not that WOW , my home wifi is way stable plus we are getting network here with every isp, due to 5g? Dunno

No, 5G is a truly revolutionary technological advance. If you think 5G is not revolutionary, you must be using fake 5G.

China's mines, production lines and logistics centers are all using 5G for intelligent production on a large scale. This is a technological revolution that greatly affects productivity.

BTW: According to China's 5G standard, the 5G test speed shall not be lower than 1.3Gbps, and the actual application speed shall not be lower than 726Mbps. The 4G standard in China is 62.2Mbps.

Last edited:
Then we should have raised more money out of this auction.

How ?

There are only 3 SURVIVING players in the Indian Telecom Sector.

And out of that ONLY 2 is Profitable. Vodafone operates with an annual loss of 1 Billion $.

And out of that 2, One (Airtel) still owns the govt. 43,000 Cores as AGR dues. The ANUAL PROFIT of Airtel is 4,255 Cores per YEAR.

That is, the next 10 years profit will only go in paying past dues.

How exactly are they suppose to pay for the 5G spectrum ? Who is going to fund them ? How & When are they expected to break even ?

This is only for buying the Spectrum, those companies still have to put up the infrastructure for making 5G operational.

The CAG at the time Vinod Rai should be highlighted as a cautionary tale for bureaucrats — encouraging them to consult industry experts on topics their exposure is merely peripheral. His self inflated ego and need for attention single handedly demolished a whole sector.

The telecom sector was quite vibrant before this ridiculous auction and “scam”. From Docomo to uninor to etisalat to Aircel to idea to spice <insert name here>. I still remember ads/offers on mobile messaging and data was exploding. I’m not complaining about connectivity today — but it’s kind of sad that we don’t have more players in this space.

🤦🏽‍♂️

Another Genius post.

Apparently the "real culprit" of the 2G scan was the AUDITOR who exposed the Scam and NOT the Politicians and Bureaucrat who did the actual SCAM.

Vinod Rai who is the current chairman of UN Panel of External Auditors is the "real" Thief.

Not "Honest" Manmohan Singh who presided over this shameless Loot.

Congress led UPA allotted 2G Spectrum and 122 licenses to real estate companies at a throwaway price of just Rs 9,200 crores.

It was the SUPREME COURT and NOT "Vinod Rai" who cancelled all 122 licenses.

And Guess What ? During Modi Govt. spectrum resale, just 19 licenses were sold at Rs 9,400 crore, while in 2G Scam 122 licenses were given away arbitrarily for just Rs 9,200 crore.

And now Jokers are crying that Modi sold the spectrum ONLY for 1,50,000 Cores instead of 9,200 crores like the Congress. Just 1.6 TIMES MORE. or 1600% more.

With such brilliant voters, its not surprising that the CONgress still gets 19.5% vote share.

Back
Top Bottom