What's new

1,000 Japanese lawmakers, businesspeople to visit Vietnam

I do remember times when Japanese were all over Shenzhen too, on place of civic centre stood a huge Toshiba factory, and Futian was an industrial district full of their factories. Now not a trace of them remaining.

Japanese companies were not interested in just cheap labour, they needed it borderline free, and I say they were even worse on that than Americans.

Who else in the world is ready to build a factory for $2B USD and then throw it away just 5 years later just because wages went above 1 dollar per hour? You need to be hell of an insecure miser to do that over a few dollars change in profit per unit.

I do remember times when Japanese were all over Shenzhen too, on place of civic centre stood a huge Toshiba factory, and Futian was an industrial district full of their factories. Now not a trace of them remaining.

Japanese companies were not interested in just cheap labour, they needed it borderline free, and I say they were even worse on that than Americans.

Who else in the world is ready to build a factory for $2B USD and then throw it away just 5 years later just because wages went above 1 dollar per hour? You need to be hell of an insecure miser to do that over a few dollars change in profit per unit.
$1 per hour is nothing. Nobody can survive by this low wage. Japan is more european than asian. It’s interesting though. I mean Singapore mindset is similar.

Japan is still miles ahead in technology and quality. See cars made by Toyota, Nissan. I mean do you see any chinese cars in the US? Or Germany?
I can't see any in ME, Balkans and Caucasus as well.

Back
Top Bottom