What's new

Zulfiqar - IRAN MADE MBT

M1 Abrams is still just a tank. Houthis have torn them to shreds in battle as well as in Iraq during occupation. They aren’t magical.

The ones you see Arab countries using are export variant with no DU armour or DU shells. The DU armour and DU shells are what make the M1 Abrams so deadly as they can shred apart tanks and have extra protection.

I read an article a couple years back that seemed credible to say that Iran was working on the technology.

Wether it ever makes it to mass production is another story as DU armour and DU tank shells are harmful to environment and people.

Aren't the ones the Houthis are enganging in Yemen the objectively worse export versions of the M1 and not the Modern US standard M1A2 Sepv2/3?

Aren't the ones the Houthis are enganging in Yemen the objectively worse export versions of the M1 and not the Modern US standard M1A2 Sepv2/3?

Saudi Arabia operates M1A2 and they have since been upgraded to M1A2S. Though they lack DU tech.

Saudi Arabia operates M1A2 and they have since been upgraded to M1A2S. Though they lack DU tech.

Ah, fair enough.

You also an Iranian American/ American Iranian/American with Iranian ancestors idk lol, like myself? (born here in the states to two Iranian parents, first generation).

you don't have to answer that, just curious.

Ah, fair enough.

You also an Iranian American/ American Iranian/American with Iranian ancestors idk lol, like myself? (born here in the states to two Iranian parents, first generation).

you don't have to answer that, just curious.

I was born in Iran. Had family who served in the war and faught at the frontlines. I visit Iran periodically.

I been researching the Iranian military since for 14 years as a personal hobby. :-)

I was born in Iran. Had family who served in the war and faught at the frontlines. I visit Iran periodically.

I been researching the Iranian military since for 14 years as a personal hobby. :-)

I lost a cousin of mine in the war as well. Never got to know him since he died before I was born. Sad....well anyways thank you so much for responding cordially to my comments!!! Nice to interact with a level-headed person from time to time.

I never really understood why Iran wanted to make this took look damn near identical to the M1 Abrams.

Like is there a practical reason for this?
I dont think Iran WANTS Zolfaqar to look like the M1, i think the Zolfaqar looks like the M1 because it has similar design. Iran probably accepted/realized that the US M1 had best overall tank design and decided to inculcate these designs and features into the Zolfaqar.

Designer : DIO

Name : Zulfiqar MBT

SOHEIL 1391

MADE IN IRAN

Technique : 3D CGI

soheil_esy@yahoo.com

Zulfiqar%20MBT-1.jpg

Zulfiqar%20MBT-2.jpg

Zulfiqar%20MBT-3.jpg

Zulfiqar%20MBT-4.jpg

Zulfiqar%20MBT-5.jpg

Zulfiqar%20MBT-6.jpg