What's new

Zoroastrians

SHAH BAAZ

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Do They believe in one God? I have a zoroastrian friend who has been spewing alot of stuff about the riots and that Iran is gonna go back to its roots aand back to zoroastrian religion. He calls Islamic "mullahs" evil and says Islam has no place in Iran and slanders islam much.

His posts were getting on my nerves so I kinda put him in his place about Islam and told him his people chose Islam over an outdated religion.

But I briefly read about zoroastrian religion and found out they believe in one God and have a prophet.

Could it be a religion from Allah back in the days?

Zoroastrian were and still are persecuted in Iran that's why they immigrated to British India.

It would be better to do a google search or listen to some lectures by Theology academics than posting it in Iran section ?

Fire worshippers?

Iran Is a complicated multi ethnic state no different to any other in the region

You have sunni Muslim populations in the Baloch and some of the Kurds I assume

A big chunk of conservative shia religious Iranians who even in a democratic Iran would most likely dominate the elections

You have a proportion of Iran that has always existed, liberal, some are monarchists, some are fire worshippers

The is a community of Iranians in the west who fled Iran after the revolution, a deluded group of people, more white then the whites, fake blonde hair, haven't been to Iran in decades or never and deeply anti religion and Islam these were the LOSERS of the revolution and carry that animosity and burden with them

Currently we have a motley crew of mishmashed groups often with different agendas from ethnic separatists to liberal monarchists trying to incite a rebellion to bring down Iran

If Iran falls it WILL BE TORN APART baloch will go for independence, so will Kurds most likely, maybe other groups as well

There is no united opposition leader
No united opposition party
No united opposition agenda

The biggest group will be the state, plus military, plur IR, plus conservative supporters

That's why after months, all they have is storm in a Twitter cup and social media, small groups turning up, out come the videos, then they run off

Do you think 80 million Iran is going to fall because of this

Now they are BEGGING the west to get involved, sanction Iran, ban Iran, bomb Iran, they want foreign forces to invade

THESE MURTADS ARE HOPELESS and they are going to watch justice, punishments and executions and get ever more shrill and crazy

Islam is almost 2 billion people, the vast majority of converts to Islam are sunni Muslims

Shia represent 10-15%, the largest group in Iran, that in many ways is the center of the shia world, important to shia everywhere, it's not just the Iranian state and conservatives that will defend it, shia from around the world will pour in if shit hits the fan
That's just the reality

Iran has been Muslim for well over a millennium, that's not going to change but it's up to Iranians to decide how they identify and target their enemies

Do They believe in one God? I have a zoroastrian friend who has been spewing alot of stuff about the riots and that Iran is gonna go back to its roots aand back to zoroastrian religion. He calls Islamic "mullahs" evil and says Islam has no place in Iran and slanders islam much.

His posts were getting on my nerves so I kinda put him in his place about Islam and told him his people chose Islam over an outdated religion.

But I briefly read about zoroastrian religion and found out they believe in one God and have a prophet.

Here is some data for you and I am not Zoroastrian or monarchist.
  • Iranians (Kurds are a good example) identify themselves with their Cultural/National affiliations rather than their religion (unlike Pakistan which was established on religious affiliation).
  • Muslim conquest of Iran made some Iranians change religion voluntairly.... majority were forced under the power of sword and heavy taxes called "jizyah" to convert to Islam ..(this is very significant point to remember )
  • Islam with its strict laws has never been a good fit with Iran's culture which has deep roots in non Islamic and Pagan traditions
  • conducting "Pan Islamic" way of life on a population which is "Pan Iranic" has always been a delicate issue in Iran..
  • Iranian revolution 0f 1978 was against monarchy and establishment of an "Iranian Republic" (I am the witness to that in person)
  • Mullahs who took over the leadership of the revolution from the "anti monarchists" early on decided that an "Islamic Republic" is what Iranians wanted and they just did not know it at the time!! so "Iranian Republic" turned into "Islamic republic".
  • So here we are the core of the conflict in Iran. Iranian population wants just a "Republic" but current rulers of Iran prescribe "Islamic republic" for them..:undecided::undecided:

Last edited:
Zoroastrians are good people.they believe in one God and their religion is similar to islam.
Most iranians in iran are muslim(shia and some people sunni) and religious. I live in iran and i know it. But we have secular people, jews,...

Most iranians outside of iran are not Muslim or religious. This is one of their reasons for leaving iran. Some of them are stupid too. Your friend is one of them

Arab Islamic conquest of Iran made Iran change its religion and culture obviously by choice and mostly through force/coercion.. so Iranian nationalists are a thing of the past . Even more so with the so called "Islamic revolution "where the Mullahs hijacked the people protests against the monarchy and right for a Republic. So those Iranians who are still Persian nationalists should abandon this fallacy of a dream of Iran returning to its roots. The Arab Islamic invasion and conquest of Iran meant Iran had to change its religion and roots(by force), and that has permeated the country for generations which has only entrenched this change to the point the people have voluntarily accepted that and even thrive in it and try to spread it more. So its kind of permanent now to be honest.
Same way many African countries where invaded and conquered by European powers and had to convert to Christianity which they still preserve (now voluntarily) proudly to this day. Without those invasions and conquest iran and many african countries will not be islamic/Christian today. In short, many countries went through something similar. Its part of life i believe. The change has already been done , and passed unto generations. So it's now entrenched and accepted as part of the country's national fabric and even identity. 😁

Arab Islamic conquest of Iran made Iran change its religion and culture obviously by choice and mostly through force/coercion.. so Iranian nationalists are a thing of the past . Even more so with the so called "Islamic revolution "where the Mullahs hijacked the people protests against the monarchy and right for a Republic. So those Iranians who are still Persian nationalists should abandon this fallacy of a dream of Iran returning to its roots. The Arab Islamic invasion and conquest of Iran meant Iran had to change its religion and roots(by force), and that has permeated the country for generations which has only entrenched this change to the point the people have voluntarily accepted that and even thrive in it and try to spread it more. So its kind of permanent now to be honest.
Same way many African countries where invaded and conquered by European powers and had to convert to Christianity which they still preserve (now voluntarily) proudly to this day. Without those invasions and conquest iran and many african countries will not be islamic/Christian today. In short, many countries went through something similar. Its part of life i believe. The change has already been done , and passed unto generations. So it's now entrenched and accepted as part of the country's national fabric and even identity. 😁

Christianity is a Semitic religion and foreign to Britain. Close your churches and revive ancient Celtic culture before lecturing others.

Christianity is a Semitic religion and foreign to Britain. Close your churches and revive ancient Celtic culture before lecturing others.
He is just narrating history, not suggesting any change. See his last line: it's now entrenched and accepted as part of the country's national fabric and even identity.

Do you know what they did to Islam?

They believe in one God, the Zartosht most probably may have been a Prophet with a divine book. However, like all others, Zoroastrians fell victim to clergy and rule of emperors and kings. They believed that King is son of God. They did convert to Islam, yes, but they did not leave their past beliefs and rituals behind, just imagine how successfully they have made iran holy, not for people in iran but for other Muslim countries as well. Most of our "Islamic history" that we believe as "Islamic history" is basically these people making it what they wanted it to be. The story of Karbala is story of one of their own past prince, the religious tombs and sites are actually past holy sites given Islamic colors and names.

It truly is very interesting.

They have a history, were an empire once, still are proudful people. But they were defeated and conquered by people who they always thought inferior, wildlings and weak.

He is just narrating history, not suggesting any change. See his last line: it's now entrenched and accepted as part of the country's national fabric and even identity.

No one just 'narrates history' for the sake of it. If you didn't get the underlying message I can't help it.

We will trek into murtad territory. But, there are simialrities between the religions. However, some people say Islam copied from Zorastrianism which isn't true.

Praying Five Times A Day

In both religions there is a a specified worship of five times a day commanded by god. Zoroastrianism and Islam share a specified worship in relation the movement of Sun. Zoroastrians call this specified worship ‘Gah worship/prayer’. The term ‘Gah’ means ‘period of time’ or ‘place’. So Gah worship means, loosely, "timed worship."

The striking similarity between Islam and Zoroastrianism in the timing of five daily worship is given below:

Time-Islam-Zoroastrianism

Dawn-Fajr-Havaan
Noon-Zuhar-Rapithwan
Afternoon-Asr-Uziren
Evening-Maghrib-Aiwisuthrem
Night-Isha-Ushaen

Religious Similarities

Call To Prayer

Just like the believers are called for Salat in a mosque by a Muezzin (caller) in Islam five times a day, the Zoroastrian believers are summoned by the ringing of a bell in the Atash Behram / Agiary / Fire Temple to perform Yasna (Gah worship) five times a day.

Ablution
Muslims are required to do ritual purification like washing of the face and limbs before commencing Salat. Likewise, Zoroastrians are required to wash their face and limbs before commencing Yasna (Gah worship).

Head Cover

In the same way as Muslims cover their heads traditionally when performing Salat, Zoroastrians are required to cover their heads when performing Yasna (Gah worship).

Facing The Direction

The direction in which Muslims are to perform prayer is toward the Kabaa in Mecca. Most mosques contain a wall niche, known as mihrab, that indicates the Qiblah (direction of the Kabaa in Mecca). Zoroastrians worship facing a blazing fire, as a symbol of God's grace.

Reading/Reciting Scripture In Original Languages

As Muslims are required to read/recite portions from the Quran in the original language of its revelation (Arabic) while performing Salat, Zoroastrians are required to read/recite portions from the Avesta (Gathas) in the original language of its revelation (Avesta) when performing Yasna (Gah worship).

There are many similarities between Islam and Zoroastrianism in terms of resurrection summarized as follows: Both religions accept the principle of the resurrection, rise of the dead, and believe that changes will take place in the present world. It becomes an ideal world and everyone will be rewarded and punished for his deeds. However, there are obvious differences in some details including the difference in the torment of sinners and unbelievers.

"A Comparative Study of the Resurrection in Islam and Zoroastrianism"

@Sayfullah what do you think?

Last edited:
Zoroastrians are Monotheist though the ones in India are legitimate fire worshippers.

jus sayin

Just to clarify, these were introduced by the Persians (over centuries) and not borrowed by Islam from Zoroastrianism.

The similarities that we see today were works of intrigues and corruption to dilute the pure Islamic message and make it easier for them to accept Islam. Couldn't defeat on the battlefield but Muslims (simple minded free, liberal) of that time were no match for them when it came to intrigues and politics. One by one targeted and removed to pave way for all this.

Back
Top Bottom