What's new

Zhuhai Air Show 2014 - Updates & Discussions

Chinese SDB :yahoo:
gongji-1_03.jpg
gongji-1_04.jpg
gongji-1_05.jpg

It looks good, but the rear aspect stealth is compromised by the shape of the engine nozzle, and that fact that there are two engines which will increase the heat signature of the J-31. From the front is it looks awesome, but I have a question about its RAM. Does the J-31 use a RAM paint like the F-22, F-117 and B-2, RAM paints which are expensive and difficult to maintain, or does it used a baked-in RAM coating like the F-35? Also a cockpit view would be very welcomed. The J-31 trainer pictures you posted make the trainer look older... at least when compared to the F-35's trainer.

Probably similar RAM paint as the one used on J-20 2011.

Its not. Its an aerial dispenser.

The JSOW is also an aerial dispenser... in its AGM-154A variant which dispenses 145 combined effect bomblets (The CEB is a combined anti-armor and anti-personal grenade). The AGM-154B is the anti-armor versions that dispenses 6 bomblets, while the AGM-154C is the unitary warhead variant. So the Chinese system is an analogue of the US JSOW, but only one version of it... assuming that the information we have been presented with by the Chinese is accurate.

Information on the JSOW taken from AGM-154A Joint Standoff Weapon [JSOW] - Smart Weapons

Last edited:
Chinese JSOW is new Chinese Cruise Missile ?

No, if it's like the US JSOW then its a long-range glide-bomb instead of a cruise missile. The JSOW is unpowered, but I have no doubts that the PLA is also developing its own version of the JASSM, which is a cruise missile. However, there is a JSOW-ER which is powered.

No, if it's like the US JSOW then its a long-range glide-bomb instead of a cruise missile. The JSOW is unpowered, but I have no doubts that the PLA is also developing its own version of the JASSM, which is a cruise missile. However, there is a JSOW-ER which is powered.

It should be used for Pizza delivery :p:

Back
Top Bottom