67c53c97gy1fx9renh7b1j23ee1wtb19.jpg
67c53c97gy1fx9renul69j23ee1wt1kx.jpg
67c53c97gy1fx9reomql5j23ee1wt1kx.jpg
67c53c97gy1fx9rep0d8xj23ee1wt1kx.jpg
67c53c97gy1fx9repeuijj23ee1wte6f.jpg
67c53c97gy1fx9req7xtgj23ee1wtqrl.jpg
67c53c97gy1fx9reqm388j23ee1wth80.jpg

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1126939.shtml

A new laser weapon system debuted at Airshow China 2018 could effectively contain tactical reconnaissance and prevent terror attacks and can be easily deployed on level ground like the plateaus of Southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region and islands of the South China Sea, military analysts said.

The vehicle-based laser weapon, called LW-30 laser defense weapon system, was unveiled by the China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC), one of China's largest missile manufacturers.

According to a statement CASIC sent to the Global Times on Sunday, the LW-30 laser defense weapon system could use a directional-emission high-energy laser to quickly intercept many kinds of aerial targets, such as photoelectric guidance equipment, drones, guided bombs, and mortars.

It features sustainable-combat, high-energy focused launch, efficient thermal management and is also capable of long-range detection and imaging, said the statement.

The system consists of a radar command communication vehicle, a laser vehicle and a support vehicle. The system can be flexibly deployed in key areas based on specific scenarios and demands.

It can complete independent operations or multiple network strikes, and can be integrated into traditional air defense weapon systems, said the statement.

Specifically, it can cooperate with traditional weapons such as the close-in weapon system and air-defense missiles, the statement said.

Song Zhongping, a military expert and TV commentator, told the Global Times on Sunday that the system aims to detect and strike low, slow and small (LSS) targets, which refers to those that fly below one kilometer, at speeds around 200 kilometers per hour and have a radar cross-section smaller than one square meters.

"It can detect drones and contain enemies' tactical reconnaissance and strike aerial terror attacks," Song said.

According to Song, terrorists usually use LSS targets to carry explosives and radioactive substances.

The system could be deployed on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau and South China Sea islands, he noted.

Analysts said the research progress and technical status of the system are very mature, and it may soon enter into military service.

Together with the laser weapon system, China South Industries Group Corporation also unveiled another laser weapon during the air show called the "light-vehicle laser demining and detonation system." The system can destroy explosive devices such as mines through high-power laser irradiation at a long distance, avoiding casualties caused by manual bomb disposal, media reported.

CEA8epv.jpg

The image from the Zhuhai expo seems to show the laser tracking and destroying an air-to-ground missile.

Impressive stuff in the show.

I did checked that video long time ago. Half empty F-35 relied on a climb every time before performing a combination of maneuvers, a good sign of terrible energy bleeding no matter how good AoA capability it can have. In a dog fight, F-35 is a good target.

On contrast in various video clips and witness reports J-20 can climb like a rocket. When watching the videos, I noticed J-20 can actually accelerate when climbing, that's why it gives people a rocket feel. That is more useful when trying to run away from a following missile.

Flight jet can't beat missile on agility by traditional maneuvers like tight turns, etc. It can only beat a following missile by energy it can sustain and gain.
Pilots of F-35 - who have flown other birds including legendary F-15C - tell a different story. They have pointed out that F-35 have exceptional dog-fighting capabilities but it will take time to unlock its full potential as its software system mature over time. One pilot have pointed out that he have consistently humbled a F-15C with a F-35.

"A former F-15C instructor pilot said he consistently beat his former jet in mock dogfights." - TNI

FYI: https://www.businessinsider.com/f35-pilot-f-35-can-excel-dogfighting-2017-1

Fellow member @gambit have pointed out that pilots are not permitted to perform best possible maneuvers in an Air Show.

Impressive stuff in the show.

Pilots of F-35 - who have flown other birds including legendary F-15C - tell a different story. They have pointed out that F-35 have exceptional dog-fighting capabilities but it will take time to unlock its full potential as its software system mature over time. One pilot have pointed out that he have consistently humbled a F-15C with a F-35.

"A former F-15C instructor pilot said he consistently beat his former jet in mock dogfights." - TNI

FYI: https://www.businessinsider.com/f35-pilot-f-35-can-excel-dogfighting-2017-1

Fellow member @gambit have pointed out that pilots are not permitted to perform best possible maneuvers in an Air Show.

So you mean you have no visual evidence to show F-35 can dog fight as its performance is restricted in airshows while I can prove J-20 is a good dog fighter as many clips show that it can sustain high energy and even actively supplement energy in various maneuvers?

F-35 relies on a climb every time to finish some maneuvers, that's a good indication which shows that it can NOT dog fight and that's what we can see so far.

Last edited:
So you mean you have no evidence to show F-35 can dog fight as its performance is restricted in airshows while I can prove J-20 is a good dog fighter as many clips show that it can sustain high energy and even actively supplement energy in various maneuvers?

F-35 relies on a climb every time to finish some maneuvers, that's a good indication which shows that it can NOT dog fight and that's what we can see so far.
We do not care what other air forces do at airshows.

Weapons sales have captive markets, meaning you -- buyer or seller -- have limited options. If you are hostile to US or the West in general, your options are limited to either the Russians or the Chinese. The opposite if you are hostile to them. Airshows are to show that what you claimed to have -- you actually have and it flies. That is all there is to it. So from that perspective, it is irrelevant what the Chinese fly and how they fly at airshows. It does not prove the J-20 is 'superior' to the F-35 in any way.

Let me put it this way, as I am a USAF veteran (F-111 and F-16) and have been to Red Flag, whenever an air force gets an invite to Red Flag, its leadership gets nervous. At Red Flag, if you brag about your hardware that it performs X, Y, and Z at airshows, you WILL be laughed at, not officially, but among the crew, they WILL snicker. At Red Flag, the only limits are minimum safety altitude and live weapons, meaning we do not actually shoot at each other. That means if your jet do not perform to its maximum capabilities, you will lose the exercise and your reputation will tank. We WILL know if you are holding back to hide anything, whether that 'anything' is a secret capability or a weakness.

Red Flag is (rightly) considered to be .1 deg away from actual combat. Not 1 deg but .1 deg. Foreign pilots left Red Flag either more confident of themselves or demoralized. I do not care if your country is an ally, you are my brother-in-law, and my millionaire father have you in his will. I will give you a critique of your performance that can make you hate me for a long time. There are vids of Red Flag commentaries on youtube. I can tell you from experience that those vids are maybe %10 of the harsh reality of the exercise. Those vids are edited to remove certain information and to reduce the odds of 'offending' allies. There is nothing in the world that is even 1/2 way comparable to Red Flag. The Chinese do not have it and certainly not the Russians with the declining state of its air force.

We would love to host the PLAAF -- with the J-20 -- at Red Flag. :enjoy:

Weapons sales have captive markets, meaning you -- buyer or seller -- have limited options. If you are hostile to US or the West in general, your options are limited to either the Russians or the Chinese. The opposite if you are hostile to them. Airshows are to show that what you claimed to have -- you actually have and it flies. That is all there is to it. So from that perspective, it is irrelevant what the Chinese fly and how they fly at airshows. It does not prove the J-20 is 'superior' to the F-35 in any way.

Let me put it this way, as I am a USAF veteran (F-111 and F-16) and have been to Red Flag, whenever an air force gets an invite to Red Flag, its leadership gets nervous. At Red Flag, if you brag about your hardware that it performs X, Y, and Z at airshows, you WILL be laughed at, not officially, but among the crew, they WILL snicker. At Red Flag, the only limits are minimum safety altitude and live weapons, meaning we do not actually shoot at each other. That means if your jet do not perform to its maximum capabilities, you will lose the exercise and your reputation will tank. We WILL know if you are holding back to hide anything, whether that 'anything' is a secret capability or a weakness.

Red Flag is (rightly) considered to be .1 deg away from actual combat. Not 1 deg but .1 deg. Foreign pilots left Red Flag either more confident of themselves or demoralized. I do not care if your country is an ally, you are my brother-in-law, and my millionaire father have you in his will. I will give you a critique of your performance that can make you hate me for a long time. There are vids of Red Flag commentaries on youtube. I can tell you from experience that those vids are maybe %10 of the harsh reality of the exercise. Those vids are edited to remove certain information and to reduce the odds of 'offending' allies. There is nothing in the world that is even 1/2 way comparable to Red Flag. The Chinese do not have it and certainly not the Russians with the declining state of its air force.

You know why your country barks and barks but doesn't do shit against China? The pictures in this thread are why. Nobody here cares about your F-35 or your flags, stop derailing the thread.

You know why your country barks and barks but doesn't do shit against China? The pictures in this thread are why. Nobody here cares about your F-35 or your flags, stop derailing the thread.
So thundered a Canadian Chinese who never done anything for China other than cursing at Americans on the Internet. :lol:

And why do you threaten of China supplying F-35 to Japan, may be in future South Korea, Taiwan that's hostile toward China and Why your govt always blabber about military buildup of China @gambit

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom