What's new

Zaid hamid rips "Democracy" A new one!

I have watched this video.

My favorite part was when the student asks about the freedom of media.

and Zaid Hamid replies " Beta app ko kis ne kaha media aaazad hai , media to sirif aawara huwa hai "

I have watched this video.

My favorite part was when the student asks about the freedom of media.

and Zaid Hamid replies " Beta app ko kis ne kaha media aaazad hai , media to sirif aawara huwa hai "

Yeah that was HILARIOUS! But overall, The part where he discusses the Westernised-Democracy and how we're hell bent on trying to adopt it, was the best!

Zaid Hamid need to learn to speak TRUTH. Better he takes few classes from fellow pakistan great writer Tariq Ali. Tariq is the best writer from pakistan.

Democracy doesn't work for everyone.

Our best friend China is doing just great without democracy.

Democracy doesn't work for everyone. Our best friend China is doing just great without democracy.

Their economy is great! But i have heard their personal life changed a lot due to govt policies. Does someone comment about this...

Their economy is great! But i have heard their personal life changed a lot due to govt policies. Does someone comment about this...

Keep what you "heard" to yourself. If you haven't been to China you shouldn't make statements about people's personal lives there.
Everyone knows China is a powerful nation, I think Pakistan should follow China's footsteps.

Pakistan needs to care for its own citizens, not care about impressing western leaders.

Keep what you "heard" to yourself. If you haven't been to China you shouldn't make statements about people's personal lives there.Everyone knows China is a powerful nation, I think Pakistan should follow China's footsteps. Pakistan needs to care for its own citizens, not care about impressing western leaders.

Pakistan like china? I doubt military and poleticians allow that....they forced one kid per family rule and the banning the personal property etc rules...
Forget about such rules...
Pakistan has so much rich ppl influence that even they didnt do land reform rule in 1970's...even after 40 years pak hasnt got that rule out to help formers...

I am not blaming pakistan. Tell me how open the govt to bring these rules...

Pakistan like china? I doubt military and poleticians allow that....they forced one kid per family rule and the banning the personal property etc rules...
Forget about such rules...
Pakistan has so much rich ppl influence that even they didnt do land reform rule in 1970's...even after 40 years pak hasnt got that rule out to help formers...

I am not blaming pakistan. Tell me how open the govt to bring these rules...
Many will disagree but actually you are right. In my humble opinion, two things laid the foundation of the modern India. 1. The Constitution of India, which went into effect on January 26, 1950 and 2nd was the States Reorganization Act of 1956. This effectively dissolved the states and the union territories. These two helped transferring the power from the ruling elites (Rajas, Nawabs, Sardars etc) to the common people. Whatever India is today or is going to be as a successful nation tomorrow is because of these two documents. On the other hand, in Pakistan, we made no serious effort to transfer the power from the ruling elites to the common people. In fact, we strengthen the rule of the elites by brining bureaucracy and military, that formed a ruling trica and we suffered the loss of East Pakistan as a result. I can only hope if this situation gets changed in future.

Last edited:
Democracy will be a disaster for Pakistan.

It will not work in any country where the majority of people are illiterate, especially when the media is controlled by foreign elements, the media will easily be able to influence the illiterate people in a democracy and the result will be catastrophic.

Democracy will be a disaster for Pakistan.

It will not work in any country where the majority of people are illiterate, especially when the media is controlled by foreign elements, the media will easily be able to influence the illiterate people in a democracy and the result will be catastrophic.

The majority of people aren't too clever in the western democracies either.

Simplistic bullshit.

It's a personal request to all the Indian members that when you see a thread with the name "Zaid Hamid", please refrain from entering if you don't have anything positive to say. And Criticizing doesn't mean that you come around and act like a complete Idiot.

If you all differ from his views, Good for you! Not interested.

Back
Top Bottom