What's new

Featured Zaheer Ahmad Babar appointed new Chief of Pakistan Air Force

that is a very loop sided statement and is simply not true, it might be ur personal opinion but has nothing to with history.

This is going off topic, but how is his statement "lopsided" when he is only talking about a single side (i.e. Babur)? You need to have a second side for something to be lopsided & he did not mention any. Keeping linguistics asides, what exactly is the history here?

To me it feels like Air Force and Navy pick their own service chiefs while Army chief is highly politicized. Also why is CJCSC always from Army??

Army in Pakistani defence establishment/mindset is give too much preferential treatment I feel.
Not sure if air force or navy pick their own chiefs. At the end it's prime minister's (at times president's) choice. But it is correct that army chief's appointment is more political than any other but that is because army interferes in politics not the air force or navy so it's a natural result of that.

CJCSC being from the army is a rule that musharraf made and is currently official. Before that it used to sort of rotate between services with the more senior among services chiefs being appointed CJCSC. But since musharraf wasn't going anywhere himself he decided to use CJCSC rank to promote more officers from army to four-star rank to keep his generals happy while giving himself unlimited extensions and hence CJCSC role was fixed for the army.

To me it feels like Air Force and Navy pick their own service chiefs while Army chief is highly politicized. Also why is CJCSC always from Army??

Army in Pakistani defense establishment/mindset is give too much preferential treatment I feel.
In Pak case it due to the Size of the Army force / man power, thus the Martial Law chief is always Army in Pak case.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom