What's new

Z10 new pics

Pakistan should acquire Z10s going forward instead of acquiring additional Z9s.

Z10 is an attack helicopter not a multirole one, it is cut out for Army only! a shipbone helicopter doesn't need strengthen armor but strengthen landing gears and spacious rooms for transportation. and if you want to redesigne a Z10 to that extent, i would prefer to make a new one.:cheers:

agreed with u very ugly and they dont have fire power to destroy thick armour of new tanks

And the reason for your knee jerk reaction was because some one said that Z-10 looks like a T-129?
No, someone said it looks like a REPLICA of a T-129, implying that the Chinese have copied the T-129 rather than develop their own attack helicopter. And in that context, it is perfectly relevant to observe that it is the T-129 that actually is a REPLICA, an Italian A-129, but fitted with newer and domestic-to-Turkey equipment (i.e. a less original development than Z-10, actually).

Now it makes much more sense?

Given you are less than half my age and weren't around and already reading professional military journals when the A-129 was first developed, you should perhaps consider the possibility that readers/posters younger than yourself may not be aware of the fact the Turkey's T-129 is a development of Italy's A-129 and they may not have good knowledge of Agusta's nice little combat copter.

Anyway, I certainly don't need you to explain to me what the development history of the Z-10 is. And particularly not when you quote something and do not provide a source with that quote.

The Zhi-10 (Z-10) attack helicopter has been developed by Changhe Aircraft Industries Group (CAIG) and China Helicopter Research and Development Institute (CHRDI), both based in Jingdezhen, Jiangxi Province. Another PRC helicopter manufacturer, Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Company (HAMC), may have also involved in the development programme.

The PRC began to develop a dedicated attack helicopter in the mid-1990s. AVIC II, the parent company of CAIG and CHRDI, has been working with European partners on a common helicopter dynamic system, which can be used on both the proposed medium helicopter and the attack helicopter. However, no foreign firm has been directly involved in the Z-10 development.

The helicopter is powered by two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67C turboshaft engines. The PRC will need to obtain the engine production license, or develop an alternative engine before the serial production of the helicopter can begin.
Zhi-10 Attack Helicopter - SinoDefence.com

Its rotor and transmission systems may have been designed with extensive technical assistance from Eurocopter France and Agusta.
Chinese Military Aviation

The Chinese military evaluated the Agusta A129 Mangusta in the mid 1980s. In 1988 a defence agreement was signed between the USA and China authorising the sale of AH-1 Cobra attack helicopters to China, along with permission to produce the BGM-71 TOW in China under licence. But just as China was preparing to do further evaluations, China was sanctioned by the west after the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989. Afterwards, as China turned to Eastern European countries for help in the period between 1990 through 1991, the colour revolutions also prevented China from obtaining attack helicopters.
After the continuous failures in introducing heavier helicopters of foreign origin to China, the 6-ton class China Medium Helicopter (CHM) program [1] was started in 1994 by China, with the 602nd and 608th Research Institutes as the leading designers. Under this ostensibly civilian program, various key western helicopter manufacturers provided considerable technical assistance to the later WZ-10 development program, including Eurocopter (rotor installation design consultancy), Pratt & Whitney Canada (PT6C turboshaft engine) and Agusta Westland (transmission)
Some foreign assistance from South Africa has been confirmed, which provided limited help in the area of flight stability based on the experience from designing the Denel AH-2 Rooivalk. South Africa refused further Chinese requests for assistance and no contact was made after 2001.
The transmission system was developed with the help of Agusta Westland.
CAIC WZ-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Surely, the helicopter dynamic system (rotor and transmission) does not determine the shape of the Z-10 and what it 'looks like'. And that is the extent of (indirect) Agusta and Denel involvement.

No, someone said it looks like a REPLICA of a T-129, implying that the Chinese have copied the T-129 rather than develop their own attack helicopter. And in that context, it is perfectly relevant to observe that it is the T-129 that actually is a REPLICA, an Italian A-129, but fitted with newer and domestic-to-Turkey equipment (i.e. a less original development than Z-10, actually).
You are a moderate member with good knowledge and i did not expect same sort of reply from you in same manner. The funny thing is T-129 is a further development of AW-129 and saying that its a copy is like saying Longbow is a copy of Ah-64A. Their is no dough Z-10 shares alot of resemblance from AgostaWestland and Denel Aviation due to obvious reasons. It will be dam stupid to say that Z-10 is a copy of AW-129 but never the less it shares alot of resemblance.

Is it in serial production? any specs please without telling me that I must use google.

When was the last time you saw a handsome boxer??

Is it in serial production? any specs please without telling me that I must use google.

Prototypes and a small number of pre-production aircraft are in service with the Chinese military for evaluation. Since the helicopter is powered by two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67C turboshaft engines, the PRC will need to obtain the engine production license, or develop an alternative engine before the serial production of the helicopter can begin. Recent news suggested that an "optimized" version (Z-10A?) is under developemnt and is expected to enter the mass production. This version has a reduced weight and is powered by the upgraded WZ-9 engines.

Zhi-10 Attack Helicopter - SinoDefence.com
Chinese Military Aviation
CAIC WZ-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When was the last time you saw a handsome boxer??

Just now.
b0ab37a5d41cf39db519b089f0306c17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom