img-d0136a29338bb28d7bec18864e7e8b62.jpg

Via @T汪汪T from Weibo

there is a old saying, apple never falls far from the tree

copy cant be better than original

China should not have so blatantly copied the Blackhawk

Why shouldn't China build the own Blackhawks copy or not? Now they have copyhawk to ferry their troop to fight against the US soldiers in case of war.

Why shouldn't China build the own Blackhawks copy or not? Now they have copyhawk to ferry their troop to fight against the US soldiers in case of war.

Because PLA super impressive with S-70 (blackhawks export version) reliability and performance in high mountain which sell to china in before 1986. but than PLA can't get S-70 anymore and S-70 nearly retirement after 30 years service, so have to design new helicopter replace it, since PLA so adore with S-70 (or US aircraft generally ) plus they so familiar with with S-70 so no surprising they design Z-20 nearly identical to S-70, i believe can save alot time and speed up in RnD compare to brand new design.

Last edited:
Because PLA super impressive with S-70 (blackhawks export version) reliability and performance in high mountain which sell to china in before 1986. but than PLA can't get S-70 anymore and S-70 nearly retirement after 30 years service, so have to design new helicopter replace it, since PLA so adore with S-70 (or US aircraft generally ) plus they so familiar with with S-70 so no surprising they design Z-20 nearly identical to S-70, i believe can save alot time and speed up in RnD compare to brand new design.
I fully understand the reason behind China build the repica of Blackhawk with their own version. US cut off the Blackhawk contract to China when US military sanction China, China build their own version of Blackhawk served the notice to US about military sanction had no impact on China Military modernization, proved China can obtain the weapons through the purchase from other country or by any means of possible with China own weapons development.

China is familiar with other helos as well. But we have similar requirement, transport by C-130/Y-9

That is wrong saying... F-7PG is far better in terms of electronic avionic , agility, range than original Mig-21 PF.

China black hawk house a far larger powerful engine seen by the slight higher height. 5 rotor blade vs 4 rotor of US blackhawk. I would say China one is far better than US one.

Or are you going to say US Minuteman III is far better than DF-41? The era days of every military hardware made by US are better than China is over. Nowadays, I can easily talk about 10 military hardwares made by China which far exceed US equivalent. To think China can't made a better product than a S-70 chopper produced 20 years ago is bad statement.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom