What's new

Z-10 ME/P deliveries to begin from 2023

Z-10ME = To the RSA Riovaak or Italys Mangusta (spellcheck) and inferior to the AH64.
Italy mangusta is a light attack helo. T-129K is the same class as it.

Riovaak is just an south African project with zero export as nobody is interested. More or less phase out.

Z-10ME is not in any way Inferior to AH-64 but just different class of attack gunship. First of all Z-10 has newer design belongs to the 2000 while apache design rooted to the 80s.

If you notice Z-10 has more sleek design and much stealthy ( less RCS ) compare to AH-64.

12470-mid.jpg

9d3ba871af8410d1712caf10092c00f9.gif

The lesser profile will helps in reduced RCS and less exposed to enemies gun fire when in a front attack direction.

Z-10 also has a more quiet engine noise proven by PA who handle this helo during the evaluation phase as it helps in night ops intruding into enemy position with certain of element of surprise.

Italy mangusta is a light attack helo. T-129K is the same class as it.

Riovaak is just an south African project with zero export as nobody is interested. More or less phase out.

Z-10ME is not in any way Inferior to AH-64 but just different class of attack gunship. First of all Z-10 has newer design belongs to the 2000 while apache design rooted to the 80s.

If you notice Z-10 has more sleek design and much stealthy ( less RCS ) compare to AH-64.

View attachment 889394

View attachment 889395

The lesser profile will helps in reduced RCS and less exposed to enemies gun fire when in a front attack direction.

Z-10 also has a more quiet engine noise proven by PA who handle this helo during the evaluation phase as it helps in night ops intruding into enemy position with certain of element of surprise.
Very good explanation but then why was the T129 1st choice if the Z10 is equal or better than even the AH64.

Interesting thing about the LOCAAS -
There was another program called the LOCPOD using existing components - even better and could theoretically shut down an airfield for hours
Can you please share a link for reading up on it?

My search is showing some medicine of the same name.

Because T-129 is a light helicopter. maybe... Pakistan wants to buy a light helicopter at the beginning.

In short, sometimes it is difficult for us to understand Pakistan.
FYI

First, it acquired the AH-1Z Viper as its “heavyweight” attack helicopter. Second, it followed up with a bid for a secondary, “lightweight” platform, i.e., the T129 ATAK. In total, the PAA had 12 AH-1Zs and 30 T129s on order. However, these may have been initial tranches of a larger program.

While the PAA sought two different platforms, it did set baseline requirements for both. Basically, the PAA wanted both helicopter types to be hot-and-high capable. In other words, the PAA intended to deploy the AH-1Z and T129 in all of its main operational requirements.

The capability differences between the two had more to do with their respective roles.

For example, a Bell Textron representative told Quwa that the PAA heavily favoured the AH-1Z for its sand filtration system, which was “best in class.” In other words, the PAA was interested in using the AH-1Z for anti-armour operations, especially in its desert environments.

On the other hand, the T129 was tested for its high-altitude, hot-temperature, and endurance capabilities. However, the design was fully capable of anti-armour operations in its own right. Like the AH-1Z, the T129 could also deploy anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM).

Based on these details, the PAA wanted to deploy the AH-1Z as its mainstay attack asset. The T129, on the other hand, would be a supporting attack asset, but the primary armed reconnaissance system. In certain environments, the T129 would be the primary attack asset.

Both AH-1Z and T129 satisfy PAA requirements for operations in harsh environments. AH-1Z even more so.

FYI

First, it acquired the AH-1Z Viper as its “heavyweight” attack helicopter. Second, it followed up with a bid for a secondary, “lightweight” platform, i.e., the T129 ATAK. In total, the PAA had 12 AH-1Zs and 30 T129s on order. However, these may have been initial tranches of a larger program.

While the PAA sought two different platforms, it did set baseline requirements for both. Basically, the PAA wanted both helicopter types to be hot-and-high capable. In other words, the PAA intended to deploy the AH-1Z and T129 in all of its main operational requirements.

The capability differences between the two had more to do with their respective roles.

For example, a Bell Textron representative told Quwa that the PAA heavily favoured the AH-1Z for its sand filtration system, which was “best in class.” In other words, the PAA was interested in using the AH-1Z for anti-armour operations, especially in its desert environments.

On the other hand, the T129 was tested for its high-altitude, hot-temperature, and endurance capabilities. However, the design was fully capable of anti-armour operations in its own right. Like the AH-1Z, the T129 could also deploy anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM).

Based on these details, the PAA wanted to deploy the AH-1Z as its mainstay attack asset. The T129, on the other hand, would be a supporting attack asset, but the primary armed reconnaissance system. In certain environments, the T129 would be the primary attack asset.

Both AH-1Z and T129 satisfy PAA requirements for operations in harsh environments. AH-1Z even more so.
I do hope we are able to get the AH-1Zs down the road, even if just to balance against the hellfire armed Apaches in IA/IAF service.

I do hope we are able to get the AH-1Zs down the road, even if just to balance against the hellfire armed Apaches in IA/IAF service.
Z-10ME is more like Apache than AH-1Z. Sure, it lacks the engine power but it has the sensors.

Back
Top Bottom