What's new

Yudh Abhyas 2013 at Fort Bragg Begins

Cool pics. But I think Garuds need new helmets :undecided:. My papaji used to wear that type of helmet while going to office on his kinetic.

Cool pics. But I think Garuds need new helmets :undecided:. My papaji used to wear that type of helmet while going to office on his kinetic.

These are Russian para helmets, they are also worn by Spetznaz operatives
1753094cb37cf90c7cbbe321067c7559.jpg

Does anyone else notice that India will be getting all the hardware on show in this demo?

Yup...i felt like they are telling the Indian soldiers that we will give you a demo on how to use these systems in field ops. :lol:

On a serious note,the great advantage that USA takes out of exercises like these is that it displays new weapon systems to Indian soldiers who when they return back recomment it to the Army higher command and the Army buys them.

These helmets save the operator from any head injury while slithering as BP helemts dont provide the same level of protection incase of accidently falling from the copter.Thats why we get to see US operators wear skating helmets and elbow/knee protection guards which got copied all around the world.

Yup...i felt like they are telling the Indian soldiers that we will give you a demo on how to use these systems in field ops. :lol:

On a serious note,the great advantage that USA takes out of exercises like these is that it displays new weapon systems to Indian soldiers who when they return back recomment it to the Army higher command and the Army buys them.

I always thought these exercises also had a degree of showcasing/selling certain equipments to India. Twice now I've seen Indian soldiers firing Javelin ATGMs during these exercises and India just so happens to be looking for such products, India was interested in the Stryker a few years back so in 2009 the US brought them to India- the most they had taken to any nation outside the US,Iraq or Afghanistan! Cope India showcased the C-130Js and C-17s and what are the two latest transports the IAF has ordered?!

Same goes for the M777, Apache, Chinook etc

No complaints from me- it's good the Indian military is getting exposed to such stuff- VERY good!

Does anyone else notice that India will be getting all the hardware on show in this demo?

Yes I noticed that too ^^

Apaches, C17s, Javelins (though I doubt that they will ease their ToT conditions), M777 etc etc...

The only thing missing are ARs which could be interesting for the IA.

I am really interested to hear the feed back of the non Para jawans about the M4 rifles....

Back
Top Bottom