Yudh Abhyas 2013 at Fort Bragg Begins

923201_128003250730074_362773135_n.jpg

182351_128003390730060_1892690831_n.jpg

Looks like the IA have put a IA camo cover on their helmets

283858_128002177396848_1848241279_n.jpg

431895_128002184063514_908843401_n.jpg

941156_128002234063509_1767086101_n.jpg

283704_128002247396841_427631750_n.jpg

Good to see that those tin bucket helmets get replaced on a fast pace now!

Yeah...but i am confused as to what helmet will get inducted.Will it be this helmet or the other one we have seen recently used by the IA Infantrymen(Israeli type)?But one thing is for sure patka will get replaced for good.

Yeah...but i am confused as to what helmet will get inducted.Will it be this helmet or the other one we have seen recently used by the IA Infantrymen(Israeli type)?But one thing is for sure patka will get replaced for good.

It will be a Kevlar helmet like the ones above. The Israeli type is an interim measure for certain units.

Nothing we are seeing right now has ANYTHING to do with F-INSAS, bear this in mind. First roll out will take place in mid 2014 on an infantry unit. According to some the PARAs have already been playing around with certain elements of the F-INSAS for a little while now.

It will be a Kevlar helmet like the ones above. The Israeli type is an interim measure for certain units.

Nothing we are seeing right now has ANYTHING to do with F-INSAS, bear this in mind. First roll out will take place in mid 2014 on an infantry unit. According to some the PARAs have already been playing around with certain elements of the F-INSAS for a little while now.

I think we should have a different helmet for SF and infantry.

Looking at the pic of trooper Amit Arya , it seems wearing the beret style is a take from the way the US forces are wearing theirs.

OTH - someone knowledgeable with contacts in the military could please confirm if the helmets being worn (and the covers being used) are of Indian soldiers' or were they loaned for the exercises by the US Mil (as is the normal practice). The camouflage pattern on the helmet also looks slightly different and have much darker shades than their overall uniform.

(part in bold) - I recall our soldiers training in the UK were given UK regulation helmets for the exercises - and therefore my assumption that perhaps (just perhaps) the helmets are borrowed from the US forces.

Looking at the pic of trooper Amit Arya , it seems wearing the beret style is a take from the way the US forces are wearing theirs.

OTH - someone knowledgeable with contacts in the military could please confirm if the helmets being worn (and the covers being used) are of Indian soldiers' or were they loaned for the exercises by the US Mil (as is the normal practice). The camouflage pattern on the helmet also looks slightly different and have much darker shades than their overall uniform.

(part in bold) - I recall our soldiers training in the UK were given UK regulation helmets for the exercises - and therefore my assumption that perhaps (just perhaps) the helmets are borrowed from the US forces.

They're IA's helmets- the camo matches the IA standard perfectly but does not resemble any pattern the US army uses or has ever used.

The US army uses digital camo even their jungle camo is not what the Indian army camo looks like. So we can safely assume that the helmet is Indian. Because my friend from college had gone through ROTC and I saw his jungle camo.

They're IA's helmets- the camo matches the IA standard perfectly but does not resemble any pattern the US army uses or has ever used.

I wanted to say the same ... but would have been called a "troll"... it doesnt match the indian army camo... for starters the green isnt the indian army green... nor is brown...... it US camo.... US military forces use different types of camos... look at this bag for example... and see how much it resembles the camo on the helmets:

352el2g.jpg

Plus why are indian officers wearing their berets US army style? lol

This is what we are looking at.

US Army Woodland helmets.

images

images

@ Abingdon & @ IndoUS - the US has used woodland jungle camo in the past - at least till a decade back before the digital patterns came the standard.

Anyways, thanks for your inputs (and also thanks to Aeronaut / Desert fighter) .

What I really hope is that these helmets become standard issue instead of some units using tins / patkas & hodgepodge.

@ Abingdon & @ IndoUS - the US has used woodland jungle camo in the past - at least till a decade back before the digital patterns came the standard.

Anyways, thanks for your inputs (and also thanks to Aeronaut / Desert fighter) .

What I really hope is that these helmets become standard issue instead of some units using tins / patkas & hodgepodge.

This is what we are looking at.

US Army Woodland helmets.

images

images

I wanted to say the same ... but would have been called a "troll"... it doesnt match the indian army camo... for starters the green isnt the indian army green... nor is brown...... it US camo.... US military forces use different types of camos... look at this bag for example... and see how much it resembles the camo on the helmets:

352el2g.jpg

Plus why are indian officers wearing their berets US army style? lol
I'm sorry but there is NO WAY these are the US Army's helmets:

US Army woodland:

AS027.jpg

us-army-woodland-pattern-camo-bdu-shirt-800x1067.jpg

These colours and pattern:

helmetwa.png

Closely match the IA's standard camo and are clearly the same as these standard issue cloths:

945480_128005654063167_1526770131_n.jpg

Also we have seen up till now when IA personnel have borrowed US army helmets, and other bits of equipment, that they have been in the standard US Army Universal Camouflage Pattern (UCP) but now they've issues phased-out woodland pattern to 100-odd IA soldiers? Not Multi-cam, not UCP but a camo pattern that has been out of US Army service for more than a decade that they just happened to have laying around?! Please.

Back
Top Bottom