What's new

Your body starts to change right after you quit smoking

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

From the canals of your ears to the intricate blood vessels of your circulatory system, smoking can harm almost every part of your body.

For those addicted to nicotine, giving up can be a daunting task and it is easy to feel that the damage has already been done.

But research shows that your body benefits just minutes after you draw a cigarette from your mouth and stub it out.

Here is a timeline of what happens to your body from the minute you stop smoking.

20 minutes

As you inhale, smoke and nicotine enter your bloodstream and the substance raises your blood pressure and heart rate. After you finish the cigarette, your heart rate and blood pressure return to normal.

8 hours

Carbon monoxide, the poisonous gas that kills over 40 people in the UK every year, if it seeps from faulty appliances in large quantities, is one of the 4,000 chemicals which enter your body when you smoke burning tobacco.

Nicotine and carbon monoxide start to leave your body and oxygen levels return to normal eight hours after you smoke.

24 hours

A day after your last cigarette, your lungs will begin to clear out the mucus and debris caused by smoking.

48 hours

Nicotine, a toxic liquid, is the chief active ingredient in tobacco and is highly addictive. Smoking also dulls your ability to smell and taste. Two days after you stop smoking, nicotine is eliminated from your body and your senses start to improve.

2 to 12 weeks

Smoking affects your blood circulation, making physical activity much more difficult. This, in turn, impacts your overall health. Stopping smoking makes exercise easier and improves breathing after a few weeks.

3 to 9 months

Months after you stop smoking, your health continues to improve. By this point, coughing, wheezing and breathing problems caused by the harmful chemicals in smoke are reduced as your lungs repair.

1 year

Smoking damages the lining of the arteries and causes fatty substances known as atheroma to narrow the arteries. This can cause heart attacks, strokes and angina. 12 months after you quit your risk of coronary heart disease is now half that of a smoker.
Your body starts to change right after you quit smoking | Pakistan Today
@Jonah Arthur @EAK @Color_Less_Sky @jamahir @waz @Ammara Chaudhry @Imran Khan

From the canals of your ears to the intricate blood vessels of your circulatory system, smoking can harm almost every part of your body.

For those addicted to nicotine, giving up can be a daunting task and it is easy to feel that the damage has already been done.

But research shows that your body benefits just minutes after you draw a cigarette from your mouth and stub it out.

Here is a timeline of what happens to your body from the minute you stop smoking.

20 minutes

As you inhale, smoke and nicotine enter your bloodstream and the substance raises your blood pressure and heart rate. After you finish the cigarette, your heart rate and blood pressure return to normal.

8 hours

Carbon monoxide, the poisonous gas that kills over 40 people in the UK every year, if it seeps from faulty appliances in large quantities, is one of the 4,000 chemicals which enter your body when you smoke burning tobacco.

Nicotine and carbon monoxide start to leave your body and oxygen levels return to normal eight hours after you smoke.

24 hours

A day after your last cigarette, your lungs will begin to clear out the mucus and debris caused by smoking.

48 hours

Nicotine, a toxic liquid, is the chief active ingredient in tobacco and is highly addictive. Smoking also dulls your ability to smell and taste. Two days after you stop smoking, nicotine is eliminated from your body and your senses start to improve.

2 to 12 weeks

Smoking affects your blood circulation, making physical activity much more difficult. This, in turn, impacts your overall health. Stopping smoking makes exercise easier and improves breathing after a few weeks.

3 to 9 months

Months after you stop smoking, your health continues to improve. By this point, coughing, wheezing and breathing problems caused by the harmful chemicals in smoke are reduced as your lungs repair.

1 year

Smoking damages the lining of the arteries and causes fatty substances known as atheroma to narrow the arteries. This can cause heart attacks, strokes and angina. 12 months after you quit your risk of coronary heart disease is now half that of a smoker.
Your body starts to change right after you quit smoking | Pakistan Today
@Jonah Arthur @EAK @Color_Less_Sky @jamahir @waz @Ammara Chaudhry @Imran Khan
Smoking is a massive problem in Pakistan and its only growing. Within the youth, smoking is considered the first step to manhood. When I went to Pakistan and studied in a private american school - I was surpised to see that atleast 60-70% of the students smoked cigerates. Clerics could help us curb this problem.

Smoking is a massive problem in Pakistan and its only growing. Within the youth, smoking is considered the first step to manhood. When I went to Pakistan and studied in a private american school - I was surpised to see that atleast 60-70% of the students smoked cigerates. Clerics could help us curb this problem.
Ham bhe petay thay kisi zamanay mein kachi bhe aur double bhe khair ab sirf sheesha peetay hain been sober for 2 years
Molvi to khud double chiktay hain unki baat na kari :P

This is a very serious matter to pay attention on. It doesn't just ruin the health of a person, but in youth it can impact the studies, social health, and emotional health as well.
Again collective work is needed. Parents and teachers should help the victims. Also psychologists should go to schools/colleges/universities and help students pervent smoking. Unfortunately, if someone gets addicted, should be given proper attention to quit it. It shouldn't be ignored, like usually in our socities every serious matter is ignored with saying "Khudi theek ho jaye ga". No Khudi theek nahi ho jaye ga. The person needs the help.

main is liye ciggrate nhi peeta yaar tuba tuba
Kush to lagaye ja ghum ko bhulaye ja
clip_50.jpg

Haye kiya din thay jub ham aik din mein 6-7 benson chiktay thay :P

This is a very serious matter to pay attention on. It doesn't just ruin the health of a person, but in youth it can impact the studies, social health, and emotional health as well.
Again collective work is needed. Parents and teachers should help the victims. Also psychologists should go to schools/colleges/universities and help students pervent smoking. Unfortunately, if someone gets addicted, should be given proper attention to quit it. It shouldn't be ignored, like usually in our socities every serious matter is ignored with saying "Khudi theek ho jaye ga". No Khudi theek nahi ho jaye ga. The person needs the help.
Hamara phd math prof double chikta hay

Nicotine is highly addictive i used to smoke every night before bed and on normal days smoked atleast five a day leaving it was really difficult not everyone can do it

Hamara phd math prof double chikta hay

Nicotine is highly addictive i used to smoke every night before bed and on normal days smoked atleast five a day leaving it was really difficult not everyone can do it

No actually everyone can. The only difference is, it's extra hard for some people as compare to others. Some patient, proper care, support from friends and family can help like so much for one to quit. Starts with tiny very tiny steps. :)
Khair Kabhi bhi nahi try Kia but still Sara time lagta hai I'm giving the real sharabi look or I'm high. Astgfarullah. :p

No actually everyone can. The only difference is, it's extra hard for some people as compare to others. Some patient, proper care, support from friends and family can help like so much for one to quit. Starts with tiny very tiny steps. :)
Khair Kabhi bhi nahi try Kia but still Sara time lagta hai I'm giving the real sharabi look or I'm high. Astgfarullah. :p
Only those who have walked the walk know how hard it is to leave.aunty jis par betay wohe janay
Samad bond songh lo sasta tareka do minute mein boeing jahaz ban jao ge :D

Only those who have walked the walk know how hard it is to leave.aunty jis par betay wohe janay
Samad bond songh lo sasta tareka do minute mein boeing jahaz ban jao ge :D

I do agree it's harder than climbing the mountains. But one should NOT give up.
Haha need he nahi Mujhe yehi to Baat hai Wase he high hoty. :p
Whenever I snapchat and my friends reply pee hoi hai? :D
Toba toba.

Toba toba.
Your reply should be
Charsi kadi na marsi :rofl:

Toba toba.
Your reply should be
Charsi kadi na marsi :rofl:

Toba toba.
Do saal say insomnia galay ka phanda ban gaya hay

i never smoked, never will... i never saw the benefit of smoking... i won't do something just because there are a million people doing it.

Ham bhe petay thay kisi zamanay mein kachi bhe aur double bhe khair ab sirf sheesha peetay hain been sober for 2 years
Molvi to khud double chiktay hain unki baat na kari :P

kachi and double?? what does that mean??

clip_50.jpg

Haye kiya din thay jub ham aik din mein 6-7 benson chiktay thay :P

i dislike this very much... why do they want to turn their lips black, have bad breath and talk in a rude and aggressive manner??

but it is lot easier for females to smoke cigarettes than participate in progressive politics.

real rebellion needs courage and these females won't have courage for that.

i never smoked, never will... i never saw the benefit of smoking... i won't do something just because there are a million people doing it.

kachi and double?? what does that mean??

i dislike this very much... why do they want to turn their lips black, have bad breath and talk in a rude and aggressive manner??

but it is lot easier for females to smoke cigarettes than participate in progressive politics.

real rebellion needs courage and these females won't have courage for that.
Double/****/dawayi wali means masalay wali :P

Back
Top Bottom